It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

All my PX jerseys have been perfect. On and off ice. They must be doing it on purpose to the devils jerseys 😂

Or, you’re just used to crap and as such you don’t have as high standards. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know a number of you probably already saw these on Keener's show or instagram, but I'll post them here just cuz it's what I do on mail day I guess.  I'll do half the order today half tomorrow.

1994 Salt Lake City Golden Eagles - Palffy size 52

47389672101_a1c8507f9d_k.jpg

46474589335_df190992b3_k.jpg

1995-96 Peoria Rivermen - Casey size 52 (for this one I had to buy an old program to figure out what number he wore, and oddly the program was almost half what I paid for a NWT jersey, all said the investment total was 71 USD) I guess Keener had to design the number for this, and it looks like he nailed it.

47389667941_50cd8c2fa1_k.jpg

46474589575_87c8ad9e82_k.jpg

1976 CCCP - Tretiak size 54. It came with just double shoulders, I added the double elbows from a center ice jersey, plus a fight strap and the tagging.  So it's your classic Frankenjersey but it's got some appeal. The white nameplate and custom job match 1976 Canada Cup spec.

47389668721_427626997e_k.jpg

46474589845_ad8613acac_k.jpg

Now you KNOW I’ve been waiting all day to share a picture of my Johnson with you guys!!

Cam Johnson Heritage jersey, that is. Wanted a goalie but , were the game worn ones ever expensive. So I opted to save a few bucks and go with this one-game bench worn jersey. Couple tiny marks on the sleeves, far too small to photomatch but let’s be honest, nobody is faking a Cam Johnson bench-worn Jersey, I’m pretty sure it’s authenticity will be believed with Certificate only. 

32448306457_dc067bf193_b.jpg

47390091491_e26138f0e8_b.jpg

You will note that unlike the previous two, my Johnson is not crooked or off center. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Now you KNOW I’ve been waiting all day to share a picture of my Johnson with you guys!!

Cam Johnson Heritage jersey, that is. Wanted a goalie but , were the game worn ones ever expensive. So I opted to save a few bucks and go with this one-game bench worn jersey. Couple tiny marks on the sleeves, far too small to photomatch but let’s be honest, nobody is faking a Cam Johnson bench-worn Jersey, I’m pretty sure it’s authenticity will be believed with Certificate only

You will note that unlike the previous two, my Johnson is not crooked or off center

Sadly, I think a large part of the hobby would prefer a MeiGray LOA to a photomatch.  

That's what she said

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

, that is awesome!!!

Thank you.  I've had it for over 5 years and it was customized wrong, so it's nice to finally have it done up properly.

1 minute ago, NYIJM29 said:

Sadly, I think a large part of the hobby would prefer a MeiGray LOA to a photomatch.  

That's what she said

Obviously I’m not a gamer collector, but to me, trying to find the photo matches seems like half the fun. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Obviously I’m not a gamer collector, but to me, trying to find the photo matches seems like half the fun. 

For sure! Photomatch >>> anything imo.  I had a jersey photomatched and someone asked to see a picture of the loa.  My word wasn't good enough that (1) there was a LOA, (2) he wanted to make sure it was "right". Smh. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Cam Johnson Heritage jersey, that is. Wanted a goalie but , were the game worn ones ever expensive. So I opted to save a few bucks and go with this one-game bench worn jersey. Couple tiny marks on the sleeves, far too small to photomatch but let’s be honest, nobody is faking a Cam Johnson bench-worn Jersey, I’m pretty sure it’s authenticity will be believed with Certificate only. 

You will note that unlike the previous two, my Johnson is not crooked or off center. 

This is awesome. Going to strip or keep as is since it has markings. 

4 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

This is awesome. Going to strip or keep as is since it has markings. 

I thought about stripping it, it’s possible I may do it someday, but for now, I’m just going to enjoy my Johnson. 

2 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

This is starting to become a pattern with casual or newbie buyers and it's mostly those who really do not want to be collectors, they just want to own a few here and there. They really aren't interested in learning, researching or anything else. They think every private seller is automatically a crook and a piece of paper will somehow makes them sleep better at night. I'm not sure where this all comes from and it's incredibly irritating just how many of them do behave like this.

The bolded seems to be the exact issue. To an outsider to the hobby, a LOA would be the be all, end all, especially if it’s issued by a legit company like MeiGray. If you only want one or two, and that LOA makes you happy, why do the extra work?

But, I suspect there are also others who collect more seriously who still rely on LOA’s

I onlynwant one game worn in my collection. A Martin Brodeur game worn. This is why I own zero game worns. Perhaps I’ll win the lotto one day. Otherwise, I’m not sure I can justify high 4 figures/low 5 figures for a shirt lol. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The bolded seems to be the exact issue. To an outsider to the hobby, a LOA would be the be all, end all, especially if it’s issued by a legit company like MeiGray. If you only want one or two, and that LOA makes you happy, why do the extra work?

But, I suspect there are also others who collect more seriously who still rely on LOA’s

I onlynwant one game worn in my collection. A Martin Brodeur game worn. This is why I own zero game worns. Perhaps I’ll win the lotto one day. Otherwise, I’m not sure I can justify high 4 figures/low 5 figures for a shirt lol. 

It is insane. Don't get started. I regret it daily. Yet, I am unwilling to list most for sale.  At least with the higher end stuff, there will always be a market. 

TC/PS 2003-04 Donald Brashear. Worn throughout camp and preseason. He had two fights on 9/23 against Grant Marshall and Sean Brown. Has lighter wear with some fight damage to the neck and typical Brashear skate lace strap. Also looks like there was an "A" that was removed. Nice!

Game Worn Donald Brashear, TC/PS

Game Worn Donald Brashear, TC/PS (Back)

33518433848_5780b0fab7.jpg47341694382_e416338ce2.jpg

40428904203_83dab9a73a.jpg33518432208_2059b0c3db.jpg

Just now, jsh139 said:

TC/PS 2003-04 Donald Brashear. Worn throughout camp and preseason. He had two fights on 9/23 against Grant Marshall and Sean Brown. Has lighter wear with some fight damage to the neck and typical Brashear skate lace strap. Also looks like there was an "A" that was removed. Nice!

That dude was a man. Probably the toughest guy named Donald ever.

I like when McSorley tried to kill him with a slash to the temple, and when interviewed about it, Brashead said something along the lines of “I would have done the same to him”. 

Nice pickup!

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That dude was a man. Probably the toughest guy named Donald ever.

I like when McSorley tried to kill him with a slash to the temple, and when interviewed about it, Brashead said something along the lines of “I would have done the same to him”. 

Nice pickup!

Thanks! He was a monster, for sure. It was always fun watching him in his element. His bouts against Probert, Domi, McSorley among many others were great. It’s a shame the NHL has gone so soft. 

Hard to photomatch to that fight because he was pinned to the ice for most of it...

Grant was a tough guy, but he was definitely overmatched there. 

Few more from a recent haul

1992 TBTC Lemieux size 52

46683734564_6de33e2bab_k.jpg

40441514103_dcc7fa4a96_k.jpg

1999-00 Flames St. Louis size 52

46683735324_1c55ac5bf3_k.jpg

40441514553_0658b6a71a_k.jpg

1997 Fredericton Canadiens Theodore size 56

46683736124_feeb071dd4_k.jpg

40441515023_5725a8837a_z.jpg

6 hours ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Here's Grant Marshall's 2003-04 preseason road jersey he wore in that fight with Brashear. Figured i'd share it as it's cool to see two jerseys together that have some related connection to each other.

Now that is cool!!