Jump to content
Brilliant!

It arrived today v. 8.0

Recommended Posts

Just now, tomtucker said:

off centered? why the fu ck did the devils have those clowns do the devils jerseys now?

 

wanted the jerseys to be as shi tty as the team's play? 

Frankly, I find their work embarrassing. 

I’ll leave whether I’m talking about the customizer or the team open for interpretation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

(Yes, mfitz, PX's customization of the back numbers is off centered lol )

Off center?! It's like they thought he was number 11 but then realized, 's***, no, we have to add a 9!'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Frankly, I find their work embarrassing. 

I’ll leave whether I’m talking about the customizer or the team open for interpretation. 

LOL, yes. And then it's called philly express right? so many questions, why have your jerseys done by someone named philly, one of your biggest rivals. these clowns are  probably still upset  over the stevens lindros hit, and do these shi tty jobs on purpose 😅😆

what is next? the devils order food from philly? guaranteed to catch food poisoning when the employees don't wash hands and spit in the food......  

 

 

Edited by tomtucker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All my PX jerseys have been perfect. On and off ice. They must be doing it on purpose to the devils jerseys 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Coleman is also off-centered.  Nameplate is fine but the 20 is too far to the left.  You can see in the one pic I posted the 2 is touching the bottom stripe.

PX sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

All my PX jerseys have been perfect. On and off ice. They must be doing it on purpose to the devils jerseys 😂

 Or, you’re just used to crap and as such you don’t have as high standards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a number of you probably already saw these on Keener's show or instagram, but I'll post them here just cuz it's what I do on mail day I guess.  I'll do half the order today half tomorrow.

1994 Salt Lake City Golden Eagles - Palffy size 52

47389672101_a1c8507f9d_k.jpg

46474589335_df190992b3_k.jpg

1995-96 Peoria Rivermen - Casey size 52 (for this one I had to buy an old program to figure out what number he wore, and oddly the program was almost half what I paid for a NWT jersey, all said the investment total was 71 USD) I guess Keener had to design the number for this, and it looks like he nailed it.

47389667941_50cd8c2fa1_k.jpg

46474589575_87c8ad9e82_k.jpg

1976 CCCP - Tretiak size 54. It came with just double shoulders, I added the double elbows from a center ice jersey, plus a fight strap and the tagging.  So it's your classic Frankenjersey but it's got some appeal. The white nameplate and custom job match 1976 Canada Cup spec.

47389668721_427626997e_k.jpg

46474589845_ad8613acac_k.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

1994 Salt Lake City Golden Eagles - Palffy size 52

, that is awesome!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now you KNOW I’ve been waiting all day to share a picture of my Johnson with you guys!!

Cam Johnson Heritage jersey, that is. Wanted a goalie but , were the game worn ones ever expensive. So I opted to save a few bucks and go with this one-game bench worn jersey. Couple tiny marks on the sleeves, far too small to photomatch but let’s be honest, nobody is faking a Cam Johnson bench-worn Jersey, I’m pretty sure it’s authenticity will be believed with Certificate only. 

32448306457_dc067bf193_b.jpg

 

47390091491_e26138f0e8_b.jpg

You will note that unlike the previous two, my Johnson is not crooked or off center. 

Edited by mfitz804

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Now you KNOW I’ve been waiting all day to share a picture of my Johnson with you guys!!

Cam Johnson Heritage jersey, that is. Wanted a goalie but , were the game worn ones ever expensive. So I opted to save a few bucks and go with this one-game bench worn jersey. Couple tiny marks on the sleeves, far too small to photomatch but let’s be honest, nobody is faking a Cam Johnson bench-worn Jersey, I’m pretty sure it’s authenticity will be believed with Certificate only

You will note that unlike the previous two, my Johnson is not crooked or off center

Sadly, I think a large part of the hobby would prefer a MeiGray LOA to a photomatch.  

That's what she said

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

, that is awesome!!!

Thank you.  I've had it for over 5 years and it was customized wrong, so it's nice to finally have it done up properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYIJM29 said:

Sadly, I think a large part of the hobby would prefer a MeiGray LOA to a photomatch.  

That's what she said

Obviously I’m not a gamer collector, but to me, trying to find the photo matches seems like half the fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Obviously I’m not a gamer collector, but to me, trying to find the photo matches seems like half the fun. 

For sure! Photomatch >>> anything imo.  I had a jersey photomatched and someone asked to see a picture of the loa.  My word wasn't good enough that (1) there was a LOA, (2) he wanted to make sure it was "right". Smh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Now you KNOW I’ve been waiting all day to share a picture of my Johnson with you guys!!

Cam Johnson Heritage jersey, that is. Wanted a goalie but , were the game worn ones ever expensive. So I opted to save a few bucks and go with this one-game bench worn jersey. Couple tiny marks on the sleeves, far too small to photomatch but let’s be honest, nobody is faking a Cam Johnson bench-worn Jersey, I’m pretty sure it’s authenticity will be believed with Certificate only. 

 

 

 

You will note that unlike the previous two, my Johnson is not crooked or off center. 

This is awesome. Going to strip or keep as is since it has markings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

This is awesome. Going to strip or keep as is since it has markings. 

I thought about stripping it, it’s possible I may do it someday, but for now, I’m just going to enjoy my Johnson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYIJM29 said:

For sure! Photomatch >>> anything imo.  I had a jersey photomatched and someone asked to see a picture of the loa.  My word wasn't good enough that (1) there was a LOA, (2) he wanted to make sure it was "right". Smh. 

This is starting to become a pattern with casual or newbie buyers and it's mostly those who really do not want to be collectors, they just want to own a few here and there. They really aren't interested in learning, researching or anything else. They think every private seller is automatically a crook and a piece of paper will somehow makes them sleep better at night. I'm not sure where this all comes from and it's incredibly irritating just how many of them do behave like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

This is starting to become a pattern with casual or newbie buyers and it's mostly those who really do not want to be collectors, they just want to own a few here and there. They really aren't interested in learning, researching or anything else. They think every private seller is automatically a crook and a piece of paper will somehow makes them sleep better at night. I'm not sure where this all comes from and it's incredibly irritating just how many of them do behave like this.

The bolded seems to be the exact issue. To an outsider to the hobby, a LOA would be the be all, end all, especially if it’s issued by a legit company like MeiGray. If you only want one or two, and that LOA makes you happy, why do the extra work?

But, I suspect there are also others who collect more seriously who still rely on LOA’s

I onlynwant one game worn in my collection. A Martin Brodeur game worn. This is why I own zero game worns. Perhaps I’ll win the lotto one day. Otherwise, I’m not sure I can justify high 4 figures/low 5 figures for a shirt lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The bolded seems to be the exact issue. To an outsider to the hobby, a LOA would be the be all, end all, especially if it’s issued by a legit company like MeiGray. If you only want one or two, and that LOA makes you happy, why do the extra work?

But, I suspect there are also others who collect more seriously who still rely on LOA’s

I onlynwant one game worn in my collection. A Martin Brodeur game worn. This is why I own zero game worns. Perhaps I’ll win the lotto one day. Otherwise, I’m not sure I can justify high 4 figures/low 5 figures for a shirt lol. 

It is insane. Don't get started. I regret it daily. Yet, I am unwilling to list most for sale.  At least with the higher end stuff, there will always be a market. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TC/PS 2003-04 Donald Brashear. Worn throughout camp and preseason. He had two fights on 9/23 against Grant Marshall and Sean Brown. Has lighter wear with some fight damage to the neck and typical Brashear skate lace strap. Also looks like there was an "A" that was removed. Nice!

Game Worn Donald Brashear, TC/PS

 

Game Worn Donald Brashear, TC/PS (Back)

 

33518433848_5780b0fab7.jpg47341694382_e416338ce2.jpg

40428904203_83dab9a73a.jpg33518432208_2059b0c3db.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jsh139 said:

TC/PS 2003-04 Donald Brashear. Worn throughout camp and preseason. He had two fights on 9/23 against Grant Marshall and Sean Brown. Has lighter wear with some fight damage to the neck and typical Brashear skate lace strap. Also looks like there was an "A" that was removed. Nice!

That dude was a man. Probably the toughest guy named Donald ever.

I like when McSorley tried to kill him with a slash to the temple, and when interviewed about it, Brashead said something along the lines of “I would have done the same to him”. 

Nice pickup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

The bolded seems to be the exact issue. To an outsider to the hobby, a LOA would be the be all, end all, especially if it’s issued by a legit company like MeiGray. If you only want one or two, and that LOA makes you happy, why do the extra work?

But, I suspect there are also others who collect more seriously who still rely on LOA’s

I onlynwant one game worn in my collection. A Martin Brodeur game worn. This is why I own zero game worns. Perhaps I’ll win the lotto one day. Otherwise, I’m not sure I can justify high 4 figures/low 5 figures for a shirt lol. 

IMO, if some of today's buyers put in a little extra work, asked questions (!) and we're willing to learn, then perhaps they wouldn't treat buying from a private seller as such a cynical experience. Less sellers would have their time wasted and end up frustrated in the end, which is what happens more often then not.

I think serious collectors who rely on LOA's do so more on a case to case basis then as a general rule. But with the way the hobby is going, i wouldn't blame any serious collector for changing the way they buy jerseys, or MG authenticating every higher end jersey they already own, just to protect themselves from the future buyers of this hobby.

 

 

Edited by OneJerseyMemorabilia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That dude was a man. Probably the toughest guy named Donald ever.

I like when McSorley tried to kill him with a slash to the temple, and when interviewed about it, Brashead said something along the lines of “I would have done the same to him”. 

Nice pickup!

Thanks! He was a monster, for sure. It was always fun watching him in his element. His bouts against Probert, Domi, McSorley among many others were great. It’s a shame the NHL has gone so soft. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes, Marshall really got handled there. Was definitely a step or two out of his league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×