It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

17 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Lol, I’m never going to forget that Nortel Networks ASG jersey that was your first strip job!

Me either...mostly because it was on eBay for like 4 years before he bought it. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Lol, I’m never going to forget that Nortel Networks ASG jersey that was your first strip job!

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Me either...mostly because it was on eBay for like 4 years before he bought it. 

And it came out in pretty decent shape in the end. I even sold the NHL2000 patch to someone who was willing to use one with stitch holes around the outside. 

22 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

And it came out in pretty decent shape in the end. I even sold the NHL2000 patch to someone who was willing to use one with stitch holes around the outside. 

One of the benefits I have found with triple sewn numbers is that very little, if any, adhesive is used. It takes a long time to strip, but the result is almost always clean. 

6 hours ago, shilenj said:

I’ve been wanting to collect authentic NFL jerseys but the Elites aren’t apparently on-field authentic and they’re made in places like Honduras.  To my knowledge the only way to get an actual authentic is buying a gamer.  Was this a gamer that was stripped and re-done?

It looks great!

Thanks for the compliments, guys!  I lucked in to the Islanders, and it looks amazing complete.

Yes, the Vikes is a team issue.  I was a big fan of Harrison Smith when he was at ND, so getting his rookie NFL jersey done up sounded like a fun project.  There are a bunch of blanks (mostly road whites) available on ebay in all different positional cuts, probably due to them changing their design for the 2013 season.  No idea what kind of stock is out there for other teams.  

I will say that pro-cut football are a little challenging to wear.  You better be doing your arm work in the gym, because that "sleeve" design means it's suns out guns out. 

Yeah, it doesn’t make much sense to wear some of them. Most, like yours, have additional length, which makes them go down to your knees. Plus, they’re TIGHT for the RBs and WRs. Like size 44 or smaller sometimes.

But the customizations are cool. I like the cross-stitching on the shoulders some get. Looks neat. 

The gamers are sweet, too. With the grass stains and dirt and paint and stuff on them. They’re real easy to photo match.

33 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Most, like yours, have additional length, which makes them go down to your knees.

TWSS

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, it doesn’t make much sense to wear some of them. Most, like yours, have additional length, which makes them go down to your knees. Plus, they’re TIGHT for the RBs and WRs. Like size 44 or smaller sometimes.

But the customizations are cool. I like the cross-stitching on the shoulders some get. Looks neat. 

The gamers are sweet, too. With the grass stains and dirt and paint and stuff on them. They’re real easy to photo match.

Here's a gamer I picked up that hits all of those. Long? Check. Tight? Check. Measures out to about 18" across, and he was a DL! Game wear? Big check. It's just covered with repairs.

20190528_16011420190211_141228

Printed patches for Notre Dame???? That is EXTREMELY disappointing. They should be using chain-stitched logos!

Unfortunately, those dimensions are fairly standard for today's football jerseys. They're designed for amazing athletes to wear as tight as possible to prevent giving the guy on the other side of the line anything to grab onto. Years ago, I bought an old 2006 Florida Gators Marcus Gilbert jersey. He's 6' 6", 330 lbs. It's a size 46. I tried it on when I first bought it and it was like a dress on me. But to be fair, I did look pretty hot in it.

3 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

But to be fair, I did look pretty hot in it.

Well, obviously...

That ND jersey is awesome. Hard to get any repairs on NFL gamers nowadays as I think a lot of teams use a new one each game :(

11 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Jeez, that was a meatball. Right down the middle, over the plate. 

Pretty much. Sometimes I can’t tell if you guys are just trying to encourage me or if you’ve just completely forgotten I’m here. 

Yeah unfortunately with the UA contact, Notre Dame gave in to the "flimsy printed patches play faster" marketing BS.  But I was really happy to land a hammered gamer of a current NFL player for less than what most sellers ask for a barely worn scrub player jersey. It was easy to photomatch, too.

20 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Yeah unfortunately with the UA contact, Notre Dame gave in to the "flimsy printed patches play faster" marketing BS. 

The whole thing cracks me up. If an extra ounce in patches is slowing your players down, you might want to look into a better conditioning coach. 

I've always wondered how numbers on other sports' jerseys are done. Are they layered/kiss-cut twill as well or do they use a different process?

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

I've always wondered how numbers on other sports' jerseys are done. Are they layered/kiss-cut twill as well or do they use a different process?

From what I've noticed, kiss-cut is becoming more and more popular in all pro sports. No bigger move to it than MLB when Majestic introduced Flex Base for their on-field jerseys. It literally went from stacked twill everywhere to kiss-cut everywhere. I pay zero attention to anything basketball, so I have no idea there. Then there's soccer, where the jerseys are kept as light a humanly possible, thus everything is thin plastic materials pressed on.

13 hours ago, furiousd said:

20190211_141228

I've always been curious how EQM actually do repairs. None of my pro stock equipment with repairs is simply sewn together like I would be able to do. It's always like these repairs

4 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I've always been curious how EQM actually do repairs. None of my pro stock equipment with repairs is simply sewn together like I would be able to do. It's always like these repairs

There must be a reason why they do it that way, but it just looks like they go back and forth over the torn area fifty times.  Maybe it's more durable.

The level of abuse that football jerseys get is unthinkable. Imagine hitting a rubber wall at full speed with your shoulder. That's basically it. They have to be able to not only fix but delay additional material failure. That's why there is so much stitching used. I've seen some NHL teams do it like that before. Edmonton definitely. The Rangers did it like that for a while too but only in a swirl pattern.

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

The level of abuse that football jerseys get is unthinkable. Imagine hitting a rubber wall at full speed with your shoulder. That's basically it. They have to be able to not only fix but delay additional material failure. That's why there is so much stitching used. I've seen some NHL teams do it like that before. Edmonton definitely. The Rangers did it like that for a while too but only in a swirl pattern.

And then there are some teams (Flyers) that basically don't repair their jerseys AT ALL.  The equipment manager (Settlemyre) can't be bothered.  They've finally started repairing some of the Adidas gamers. But, it's minimal.

Edited by jsh139

On 5/16/2019 at 6:52 PM, Brilliant! said:

Are you guys really just going to gloss over that Martin Gelinas jersey?? What a stunner! What year is it? No patches makes me think anywhere from 95-98.

Thanks!  It's a 1994 (S294 in sharpie under the Maska tag, but can also tell by the Canuck Place stitching in the white instead of the red border) so my best guess is that it was worn between his waiver pickup from Quebec until they put the 2PtsFG patch on later in the season.   

Marty's first game as a Canuck was a home game. I'm not saying it is, but I'm not saying it's not, but it seems likely that this is Gelinas' first Canucks game jersey

On 5/28/2019 at 8:31 PM, Brilliant! said:

Printed patches for Notre Dame???? That is EXTREMELY disappointing. They should be using chain-stitched logos!

Unfortunately, those dimensions are fairly standard for today's football jerseys. They're designed for amazing athletes to wear as tight as possible to prevent giving the guy on the other side of the line anything to grab onto. Years ago, I bought an old 2006 Florida Gators Marcus Gilbert jersey. He's 6' 6", 330 lbs. It's a size 46. I tried it on when I first bought it and it was like a dress on me. But to be fair, I did look pretty hot in it.

It's been like that for years.  I have an old Michael Dean Perry Browns jersey from 1988 or 1989, and he was listed at 6'1" and about 290.  The jersey is maybe the size of a youth t-shirt, and it has slits cut into the side of so that a lace could be run through it and cinched down.

25 minutes ago, Nathan said:

It's been like that for years.  I have an old Michael Dean Perry Browns jersey from 1988 or 1989, and he was listed at 6'1" and about 290.  The jersey is maybe the size of a youth t-shirt, and it has slits cut into the side of so that a lace could be run through it and cinched down.

That sounds like a cool customization.  I think I've seen that type.

I refuse to buy any lineman jersey that looks like a giant baby onesie.

game-worn-notre-dame-fightin-irish_1_743

That's true. I also have a Gators Erron Kinney (6' 6", 250+ lbs) jersey from the 1996 season and it's like a girl's belly shirt from the 80's.

My biggest complaint with the current football jerseys is the printed numbers. It's such a crappy look. Just grow up and use twill like the big boys do.