It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

On 5/26/2019 at 2:24 PM, CYI3ERPUNK said:

If that Sabres 25th patch is an original, I have a Home Sabres Ultrafil on the way that would greatly appreciate you taking a visit to the strip club.

I have two of 'em, legit, you can have the other if you'd like :D

2v2E4KbRWxZ1VfS.jpg

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was completely blank when I got it (Thanks TBart).  Added the crest and shoulder patches, Clancy patch is original but Heart and Stroke is a repo.  Would have liked it to have red/red/blue CCM tagging but both tags were used on the game jerseys.

neck tag reads 01/86 and it has 28/01/86 hand written on the back of the Maska tag.  Technically an 85-86 jersey but the Leafs did recycle some for the 86-87 season.

47993141818_77d139e427_b.jpg47993141748_375aa970d9_b.jpg

That is a beauty!
I have one with the CCM patch on the hem (and no fight strap that I plan on adding) and the double elbows, heavyweight Ultrafil.

The crest is different in that the stem of the Leaf is smaller, is that accurate or should I harvest a crest similar to the one you have?

Very nice!

7 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

That is a beauty!
I have one with the CCM patch on the hem (and no fight strap that I plan on adding) and the double elbows, heavyweight Ultrafil.

The crest is different in that the stem of the Leaf is smaller, is that accurate or should I harvest a crest similar to the one you have?

Very nice!

The CCM patch on the hem means it’s 84-85.  Honestly I’ve seen three or four different crests used on the 80’s jersey so I didn’t really pay attention to finding one specific to a certain year.  I just used whatever I could find.  If your jersey has a crest already I’d just leave it

I probably will but it seems cheaply made,
When I get it done I'll probably have the crest re-stiched to see if that helps.

I was hoping to do it as a Clark rookie but the patch CCM would be the year before he started.
I thought I saw one somewhere that had his name and the CCM patch on the hem

Oh well...

Chicago Blackhawks Jim Vandermeer 07/08 GW (nice wear, a a few big slash marks on front and back)

New York Islanders Chris Simon 07/08 GI

Both jerseys are RBK Edge 1.0 (both size 60), which I actually prefer over 2.0 :)

20190603_150424

20190603_150505

20190603_150551

20190603_150629

44 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Chicago Blackhawks Jim Vandermeer 07/08 GW (nice wear, a a few big slash marks on front and back)

20190603_150424

Very cool!
Would you mind taking a closeup of the WWW patch and posting it in the patch thread?
I know a lot of people are looking for that patch and would benefit from a close up look, maybe with a tape measure for scale.

Just a thought, Awesome!

Edited by Hockey Bob

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

Very cool!
Would you mind taking a closeup of the WWW patch and posting it in the patch thread?
I know a lot of people are looking for that patch and would benefit from a close up look, maybe with a tape measure for scale.

Just a thought, Awesome!

Of course, here ya go :) (the tape measure is in cm, not inches)

2019-06-03_05-30-10

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:18 AM, TMLFAN said:

This was completely blank when I got it (Thanks TBart).  Added the crest and shoulder patches, Clancy patch is original but Heart and Stroke is a repo.  Would have liked it to have red/red/blue CCM tagging but both tags were used on the game jerseys.

neck tag reads 01/86 and it has 28/01/86 hand written on the back of the Maska tag.  Technically an 85-86 jersey but the Leafs did recycle some for the 86-87 season.

Mother that's sweet 

5 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Hey Bob, just curious about this one you have.  Is the CCM hem patch perfectly rectangular, with an asterisk in the upper right corner, or does it have a rounded protuberance with the trademark R in the same corner?  I might possibly have the same one you have.

As I understand,
The perfectly rectangular one was on the gamers, and the one WE have where the asterisk juts out was on retail jerseys which are only slightly different from the gamers in that they don't have the fight strap and the neck tags would have a "XL" size instead of a numaric sizing.   
I also was told it would be easy to turn a retail one into an accurate replica of a gamer.

I'd be curious to see the crest on the one you have - like I said the stem of the Leaf on mine seems thinner than what I've seen on game worn jerseys from that year so maybe the crest is different too - in the end I know I don't have gamer $ so I try to get a retail that looks as close as I can get it without breaking the bank.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2011/09/1985-86-toronto-maple-leafs-miroslav.html?_sm_au_=iSVkW8CppfF47Rkj

I have a feeling they’re the same, but the CCM logo on mine has a trademark R jutting out, not an asterisk.  The crest on mine has a thin stem too, but the whole crest is small, thin and cheap-looking.  The leaf patches on the shoulders aren’t even stitched down.  I was going to try and get it lettered up as a mid-80’s, but I gave up after not finding the right plastic clip fight strap, and realizing that this jersey really isn’t like the on-ice jerseys.  We can trade pics by e-mail, if you like.  Is yours a white one, btw?  Mine is actually blue.

New addition
Bjorkstrand 2018-2019 Set 3/Playoff game worn jersey. This is the jersey Oliver was wearing when he scored the game winning goal in game 3 and most importantly game 4 to sweep the Lighting. Light wear with a couple of good side burns on the right arm and an unrepaired hole on the left arm.

Bjorkstrand%202018-2019%20Game%20Worn%20

Bjorkstrand%202018-2019%20Game%20Worn%20

It's nice to see some Adidas leaking out, It gives hope that I may one day get a hand on some. That's a cool jersey to have!

I wonder, since they are making changes to some of the teams jersey design, and I've seen a fire sale on the Indo stuff maybe they will make the Adidas available for purchase soon.  

Great Bjorkstrand. He'll always be one of my favorite players since he was the playoff MVP and scored the Calder Cup winning goal in OT of game 4 in 2016. What an awesome experience that was to be at. 

25 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

Great Bjorkstrand. He'll always be one of my favorite players since he was the playoff MVP and scored the Calder Cup winning goal in OT of game 4 in 2016. What an awesome experience that was to be at. 

I bet it was a cool experience.  I was there for game 3 and he scored the GWOTG in that game too. 

It was great to see him pick up his game at the end of the season.  Hopefully next year he’ll get it going sooner.  

Game 3 was on a Monday. But Game 4 was on a Saturday, a long break due to the NBA finals also going on, and there were almost 20,000 there. AHL President Dave Andrews even mentioned it again on Sunday during the telecast of this years finals. Lots of alcohol that night. I stayed in a hotel downtown figuring the Monsters would win. Glad I did. 

I got a Willie! Lol.

2002-03 Justin Williams, road set 1. Mr. Game 7 wore this jersey in 17 games, and scored 6 goals and 5 assists in it. Has really nice wear throughout and I was easily able to photomatch it. Sweet!

2002-03_Flyers_Williams_01

2002-03_Flyers_Williams_02

season-player-justin-williams-of-the-phi

10 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

It's nice to see some Adidas leaking out, It gives hope that I may one day get a hand on some. That's a cool jersey to have!

I wonder, since they are making changes to some of the teams jersey design, and I've seen a fire sale on the Indo stuff maybe they will make the Adidas available for purchase soon.  

Well, CBJ gamers getting out isn’t surprising. They’re a MeiGray team. 

18 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I got a Willie! Lol.

2002-03 Justin Williams, road set 1. Mr. Game 7 wore this jersey in 17 games, and scored 6 goals and 5 assists in it. Has really nice wear throughout and I was easily able to photomatch it. Sweet!

VERY nice jersey, congrats!

If you're looking for more Willie's, this has been up for a while, owner might come down from that crazy price:  https://raleigh.craigslist.org/clt/d/fayetteville-signed-justin-williams/6874761877.html

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:36 PM, Hockey Bob said:

As I understand,
The perfectly rectangular one was on the gamers, and the one WE have where the asterisk juts out was on retail jerseys which are only slightly different from the gamers in that they don't have the fight strap and the neck tags would have a "XL" size instead of a numaric sizing.   
I also was told it would be easy to turn a retail one into an accurate replica of a gamer.

The circa '84 CCM patched gamers came in both formats, asterix and registered 'R'...the late 80s semi-pros had the registered 'R' only, and discernable by the neck tagging placement and sizing, lack of FS if one hasn't been put in already, as you mentioned, and in some cases a smaller collar opening.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:44 PM, jsh139 said:

Thanks to @tbart for this one.

1991-94 fat-hem Flyers road jersey that will be a Brind'Amour with 25th/75th patches.

FWIW, the neck tag should be 'Ultrafil' or 'Air-Knit' to be accurate for '91-92...a small discrepancy, but FYI in the event you care :D

7 hours ago, brew said:

VERY nice jersey, congrats!

If you're looking for more Willie's, this has been up for a while, owner might come down from that crazy price:  https://raleigh.craigslist.org/clt/d/fayetteville-signed-justin-williams/6874761877.html

Thanks! That canes jersey is nice. Way overpriced though considering it’s a one-gamer. Willie’s jerseys have been creeping up in value lately. I’m glad I was able to snag the Flyers for a decent price. 

6 hours ago, slimcutta said:

Yeah you did...nice jersey - guy's a stud!

Thanks, man!

Edited by jsh139