It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

6 hours ago, slimcutta said:

FWIW, the neck tag should be 'Ultrafil' or 'Air-Knit' to be accurate for '91-92...a small discrepancy, but FYI in the event you care :D

Yep, I know. This is one of those “made in USA with Canadian components” jerseys. But, I’m ok with an incorrect neck tag 😊 I have another 91-92 with the correct tag. I wanted to make it a Brind’Amour but it’s a 48 and too small for his name. This one’s a 52. Maybe I’ll make the 48 into a Tocchet with the 25/75 patches and make this one a 93-94. Just would have to find out if he had gotten the “A” yet... Decisions...

Edited by jsh139

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, slimcutta said:

FWIW, the neck tag should be 'Ultrafil' or 'Air-Knit' to be accurate for '91-92...a small discrepancy, but FYI in the event you care :D

This is a good catch.  But from my collection the earliest I've seen the CCM tag like @jsh139 fat hem has is on a 91-92 Devils Christmas tree and a 92-93 North Stars. Maybe the Devils Christmas tree was produced in 92' with the thinking the green would carry over to 92-93?? it's got the white button fight strap and the CCM tag.

On 6/3/2019 at 11:33 AM, amonte78 said:

Of course, here ya go :) (the tape measure is in cm, not inches)

2019-06-03_05-30-10

I’m extremely jealous.  I’d have bought that just for the patch.  I’ve been waiting out hope that a TI or cheaper gamer of a lesser player surfaced just so I could use the original authentic patch for my Kane rookie.

2 hours ago, JJM4 said:

This is a good catch.  But from my collection the earliest I've seen the CCM tag like @jsh139 fat hem has is on a 91-92 Devils Christmas tree and a 92-93 North Stars. Maybe the Devils Christmas tree was produced in 92' with the thinking the green would carry over to 92-93?? it's got the white button fight strap and the CCM tag.

They were still produced in '92-93, despite the style change. Same reason we see so many 3-patched Penguins with the CCM neck tags and wrong font, following the cup win in '92 - they kept spitting out the jerseys at retail but used the '92-93 font on 'em. Ex -

2v22MP2dLxZ1VfS.jpg

21 hours ago, shilenj said:

I’m extremely jealous.  I’d have bought that just for the patch.  I’ve been waiting out hope that a TI or cheaper gamer of a lesser player surfaced just so I could use the original authentic patch for my Kane rookie.

The cheapest gamers with the WWW patch start around $500-$600, I have never seen a TI with that patch.

002.JPG

Edited by Biscuit In The Basket

Edited by Biscuit In The Basket

52 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Big Cactus home to match the road I already have.

How does one wind up with that nickname?

Long time lurker (mostly because the sign-up gave me errors for a long time), but finally got it working just in time for a mail day today! I've been on a quest for a significant player from each major style the Preds had and GameWornAuctions came through with Shea in one of the earliest styles.

Weber Jersey.jpg

2 hours ago, Dunlap said:

Long time lurker (mostly because the sign-up gave me errors for a long time), but finally got it working just in time for a mail day today! I've been on a quest for a significant player from each major style the Preds had and GameWornAuctions came through with Shea in one of the earliest styles.

Weber Jersey.jpg

Very nice!   I used to have one just like that, from 06-07 iirc.  Traded it with a Kings Cammalleri to Meigray for a Kiprusoff 

weber.jpg

Hah, this is a '06-'07 (Set 3/Playoffs). Guess there's a 1 in 3 chance it's the same one?

1979/80 Game worn Charlie Simmer Kings road jersey, worn during his league-leading 56-goal season (along with 101 points, in only 64 games).   NHL 1st All-Star Team season, during which he also had a 13-game goal scoring streak.

LAK  1979/80  Simmer, Charlie    R fLAK  1979/80  Simmer, Charlie    R r

Also just in from Keener:

1988/89 Luc Robitaille Kings road authentic.  My 27th Robitaille jersey!

LAK  1988/89  Robitaille, Luc    R fLAK  1988/89  Robitaille, Luc    R r

2008/09 Alexei Kovalev Canadiens Vintage throwback, with authentic MTL Centennial patch.  I’m not much of a fan of Canadiens jerseys, but I have to admit I really love this one.  I think it would be great if they used these as their road jerseys; IMO it’s way better than their current one.

MTL  2008/09  Kovalev, Alexei    VT1 fMTL  2008/09  Kovalev, Alexei    VT1 r

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

2008/09 Alexei Kovalev Canadiens Vintage throwback, with authentic MTL Centennial patch.  I’m not much of a fan of Canadiens jerseys, but I have to admit I really love this one.  I think it would be great if they used these as their road jerseys; IMO it’s way better than their current one.

MTL  2008/09  Kovalev, Alexei    VT1 f

Probably one of my personal favorite styles the Habs put out. 
That's a Beaut!

@LAK74 that is an awesome gamer to have, almost 40 years old and looks to be in nice shape.  Don't see those everyday, nice pickups.

13 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Beauty Kovy, on my to do list also.

12 hours ago, tomtucker said:

nice, those old preds jersey are 100 times better than the yellow pisstains they wear now.... smh 

Yup, Got to agree with this. They got it right first time around. 

14 hours ago, LAK74 said:

1979/80 Game worn Charlie Simmer Kings road jersey, worn during his league-leading 56-goal season (along with 101 points, in only 64 games).   NHL 1st All-Star Team season, during which he also had a 13-game goal scoring streak.

LAK  1979/80  Simmer, Charlie    R fLAK  1979/80  Simmer, Charlie    R r

Wow, just wow! Was it a lucky find or auction site? Hell of a pick up!

Thanks, everyone!  Tbart, the Simmer is from the latest GWA.

I finally got this one done, just in time for tonight's game (even though I don't want either team to win)

1989-90 Cam Neely "Ultrafil Special" Boston Bruins Away Jersey Size 54

1989-90 Cam Neely "Ultrafil Special" Boston Bruins Away Jersey Front1989-90 Cam Neely Ultrafil Special Boston Bruins Away Jersey Back

For those that haven't heard the story directly from the ultra famous Chris Delorme's book:

The History of the Hockey Jersey 1983-1993

The Cam Neely Exception
"As the story goes - after the Bruins switched to Air Knit in '87-88, Neely got tangled up when his jersey tore during a fight, limiting his ability to defend himself.  Following the incident, Neely insisted on wearing Ultrafil knit jerseys moving forward, and the Bruins equipment staff would often recycle older jersey, or convert minor league affiliate stock into Bruins jerseys."

I also received this jersey too:

2008-09 Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Jersey 2.0 Edge Size 56 - This will become a Patrick Sharp with 'A'

2008-09 Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Jersey Front

55 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I finally got this one done, just in time for tonight's game (even though I don't want either team to win)

1989-90 Cam Neely "Ultrafil Special" Boston Bruins Away Jersey Size 54

1989-90 Cam Neely "Ultrafil Special" Boston Bruins Away Jersey Front1989-90 Cam Neely Ultrafil Special Boston Bruins Away Jersey Back

For those that haven't heard the story directly from the ultra famous Chris Delorme's book:

The History of the Hockey Jersey 1983-1993

The Cam Neely Exception
"As the story goes - after the Bruins switched to Air Knit in '87-88, Neely got tangled up when his jersey tore during a fight, limiting his ability to defend himself.  Following the incident, Neely insisted on wearing Ultrafil knit jerseys moving forward, and the Bruins equipment staff would often recycle older jersey, or convert minor league affiliate stock into Bruins jerseys."

You had me freaked out for a minute as I'm stuck with the ol' ball n' chain tonight.

That turned out fantastic! I am inspired to get mine done and I don't have to fight you for a banged up jersey for the shoulder patches

Really digging it!