It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

I’ve always thought baseball is pretty routine for them, especially the current stuff. Maybe its the college football that they are putting off. 

If your timeline ends up being similar to mine, I’m not expecting until Christmas then. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48119053151_c33f031d66_z.jpg

48119133542_d3b21bf945_z.jpg

Very happy to finally have one of these styles. From the 85-86 season where Hunter scored a team-leading 44 goals while leading the team in PIMs. The jersey is absolutely destroyed.

Another cheap eBay score:

aeIXRLl.jpg

Also, despite the fact that I have a gamer of this style, I never noticed that the light outlines on the shoulder patch are two-tone just like the D star logo. 

Gle5nYc.jpg

Holy fuckballs!! Look at the wear on that Mark Hunter! What a stunner! Any idea as to when it was worn? Maybe during the Monday Night Miracle?

That was such a cool style. It's unfortunate that it A: only lasted three years and B: got stuck mostly in the craptastic heat-pressed vinyl era. I didn't realize until recently how sought-after they are now. I used to have a white Jocelyn Lemieux with much less wear that I ended up selling at auction for a whopping $1,600.00!

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

Holy fuckballs!! Look at the wear on that Mark Hunter! What a stunner! Any idea as to when it was worn? Maybe during the Monday Night Miracle?

That was such a cool style. It's unfortunate that it A: only lasted three years and B: got stuck mostly in the craptastic heat-pressed vinyl era. I didn't realize until recently how sought-after they are now. I used to have a white Jocelyn Lemieux with much less wear that I ended up selling at auction for a whopping $1,600.00!

Yeah, the heat-pressed vinyl is really a shame. Fortunately, most of it is still in pretty good shape with the exception of one of the sleeve numbers. 

I had a quick look at some of the game footage of the playoffs on YouTube, but the quality was making it hard to determine any potential matches. Would be nice if it was worn during that game. I didn't know that he had the assist on the GWG.

Picked this one up from The_Dude_AbidesIt had a big puck mark on the right side of the jersey (which of course The Dude described in perfect detail, because... he's The Dude!).  I figured I would see what I could do to restore the jersey, and after a little work, added the 75th patch, reinforced the nameplate, and here is how the jerseys turned out:

1991-92 Gary Leeman Toronto Maple Leafs Home Jersey 

1991-92 Gary Leeman Toronto Maple Leafs Home Jersey Front1991-92 Gary Leeman Toronto Maple Leafs Home Jersey Back

I always wanted to get this style of jersey, even though I didn't really need a third Maple Leafs jersey.  But it is cool to have this style jersey that always seems really hard to find.  The jersey is pretty faded and will probably quite be 100%, but I would say it still pretty nice.

Another big thanks to The Dude for just being a all around great collector.

Edited by spudrock512

They need to bring that style back as a retro like the Devils instead of rolling out all white or all blue versions.

Love that style

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

They need to bring that style back as a retro like the Devils instead of rolling out all white or all blue versions.

Love that style

Those are the Ballard-era jerseys so I don't know if that's necessarily a time that they'd want to throw back to. I'm pretty sure that they changed jerseys two years after he died because they wanted to distance themselves from Ballard.

Funny story about Harold Ballard: Before the Blue Jays ever took the field at Exhibition Stadium, he attempted to "buy" the San Francisco Giants for twice what the franchise was actually worth at the time to bring MLB to Toronto. Obviously, it didn't happen. Toronto Giants doesn't exactly have a nice ring to it. But, then again, neither does the Tampa Giants. Talk about bullets dodged.

That’s a really nice one!  Best jersey they ever wore, AINEC.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

That’s a really nice one!  Best jersey they ever wore, AINEC.

37 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

And I Never Eat Chicken?

And I “noogied” Eric Clapton. 

Edited by mfitz804

Always Nod In Emphatic Cheese? 

Alligators Need Internal Emotional Cuddles? 

Aggressive Naps Incite Energetic Collecting?   

I know everyone and their mother gets a Gretzky jersey done, but I've always liked his jerseys because of the unique customizations. Finally got this 1988-89 back from Keener:

48203271077_3f7febd705_z.jpg

48203271117_45975aed4d_z.jpg

48203227406_4aa36a6116_z.jpg

48203227511_5e4165c46e_z.jpg

On 7/1/2019 at 7:12 PM, Hockey Bob said:

Always Nod In Emphatic Cheese? 

Alligators Need Internal Emotional Cuddles? 

Aggressive Naps Incite Energetic Collecting?   

It finally popped into my head!    

I bet it's:

And
It's
Not
Even
Close

or it's Arthur never inwardly expects cheese

12 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It’s definitely Arthur Inwardly Never Expects Cheese.  

I think this may be right. It almost has to be. 

I can finally cross this one off the want list (Big thanks to Biscuit In The Basket):

1987-88 Jimmy Carson Los Angeles Kings Away Jersey Size 50 - Rare 1/2 season air-knit style

1987-88 Jimmy Carson Los Angeles Kings Away Jersey Front1987-88 Jimmy Carson Los Angeles Kings Away Jersey Back

And some additions to my Blackhawks Collection:

1990-91 Dirk Graham Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey Size 52

1990-91 Dirk Graham Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey Front1990-91 Dirk Graham Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey Back

1992-93 Michel Goulet Chicago Blackhawks Away Jersey Size 48

1992-93 Michel Goulet Chicago Blackhawks Away Jersey Front1992-93 Michel Goulet Chicago Blackhawks Away Jersey Back

2008-09 Patrick Sharp Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Jersey Size 56

2008-09 Patrick Sharp Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Jersey Front2008-09 Patrick Sharp Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Jersey Back

Edited by spudrock512