It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Been wanting a Hartsy for a while now. This one has a good amount of wear and I photomatched it to a bazillion images.
2013-14 Scott Hartnell, Home set 3/PO. Scottie wore this jersey in 12 games where he scored 4 goals and 5 assists. Nice!

2013-14 Game Worn Scott Hartnell, Home set 3/PO

2013-14 Game Worn Scott Hartnell, Home set 3/PO (Back)

2013-14_Flyers_Hartnell_03

claude-giroux-of-the-philadelphia-flyers

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The current home/away jerseys are actually throwbacks to their original jerseys from 1967 (with slight font and nameplate mods). It wasn’t until 1978 that they put the numbers completely inside the white stripe. 

yes, it shows that everything throwback and retro is not always that great.

i mean, there is a reason why 70's fashion is not worn anymore

flyers looked best in the lindros era, all 3 jerseys were great

eric_lindros2.jpgeric-lindros-flyers-nhl-1300.jpg?itok=iHbig-e.jpg

color is also different ......... neon orange now, right?

633026116-2017-honda-nhl-all-star-game.j

Let’s just also add, If the Devils had Christmas tree jerseys, Philly definitely had Halloween.

1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

yes, it shows that everything throwback and retro is not always that great.

i mean, there is a reason why 70's fashion is not worn anymore

flyers looked best in the lindros era, all 3 jerseys were great

color is also different ......... neon orange now, right?

100% agree. The 90s jerseys are the cream of the crop.  My favorites.

Yeah, the newer orange is much brighter.  The old orange is darker, like a burnt orange.  Almost red.

My 100% favorite Flyers style was from the 2009 - 2010 season 😁

(Sorry, low blow)   

You sure it's not the vinegar? 

I've had a few musty jerseys picked up from the guy that put his name "Van De Velde" on everything 
They came out smelling fresh as a daisy after one soak in Oxi Clean 

I'd try that route 

51 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I picked up a minor league gamer this week from the 90s that clearly spent ages in a basement. Two vinegar baths, four rinse/washes and the danm thing still smells like basement. It’s currently drying in my garage. Is there any chance that the thing is ruined? Structurally the fabric is good considering the year. But what’s the worst case scenario here? (Please hold your Devils jokes regarding the stench— it doesn’t smell like Jersey.)

How did you wash it?

5 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Two quick washes with a small amount of detergent+ two rinses w/ nothing. I'm taking Bob's advice and soaking in Oxi Clean tomorrow. 

Should get it done. 

Washing it with a full serving of detergent would be helpful too. 

On 7/25/2019 at 9:09 PM, jsh139 said:

🤬🤬🤬

Sorry, I don't have any problem with the Flyers. 
I just wanted to see my team win. 
I will say, if my team ever beats Pittsburgh or Detroit for the Cup, I will not apologize. 
The two teams I hate the most played each other in back to back years 
The Cup games were dead to me from 2007-2009 

8 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Sorry, I don't have any problem with the Flyers. 
I just wanted to see my team win. 
I will say, if my team ever beats Pittsburgh or Detroit for the Cup, I will not apologize. 
The two teams I hate the most played each other in back to back years 
The Cup games were dead to me from 2007-2009 

We had no business even making the playoffs that season, let alone the SCF.  I'm more pissed by how it all went down, especially that OT goal.

Been waiting for a while for this one to arrive. Authentic Michigan 2018/19 Alternate Jersey. 

Michigan Hughes AuthenticMichigan Hughes Authentic

On 7/27/2019 at 9:35 AM, Dr_Puck said:

Two quick washes with a small amount of detergent+ two rinses w/ nothing. I'm taking Bob's advice and soaking in Oxi Clean tomorrow. 

Put it in the freezer for a few days. I don't know the science on this but I've had success with this.

4 hours ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Put it in the freezer for a few days. I don't know the science on this but I've had success with this.

Kills bacteria. 

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Kills bacteria. 

nope..........

Freezing does not kill germs and bacteria. Instead, it essentially puts them into hibernation. They are inactive while the food is frozen and will “wake up” as soon as the food thaws. And as the food thaws, so will the moisture, which means the bacteria will have the moisture it needs to survive

2 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

well, now you know......and that knowledge might even save your life , if you had planned to save some food for a rainy day.... 

throw it out! 

👍

I had always heard that if food is defrosted it must be cooked and can’t be re-frozen. But I read somewhere that that is not entirely true. But, this makes me question everything.  

The answer is washing your jersey in actual detergent like it’s made of clothes. There’s no science to it and you have been preparing for it your whole life. 

Stop being gross. Wash your clothes. 

If it’s a gamer and you are worried about washing off the wear, then don’t. But enjoy being smelly. 

4 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I had always heard that if food is defrosted it must be cooked and can’t be re-frozen. But I read somewhere that that is not entirely true. But, this makes me question everything.  

Even the USDA says you can refreeze meat. I looked that up once because I had to argue with a butcher about a return.

1 hour ago, furiousd said:

Even the USDA says you can refreeze meat. I looked that up once because I had to argue with a butcher about a return.

I’m not entirely sure why you’d want to re-freeze meat. If you defrosted it, just cook it.