It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

287f5eq.jpg

Was the lettering on these stacked or kiss cut? I am not too familiar with Bruins jerseys.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not entirely sure why you’d want to re-freeze meat. If you defrosted it, just cook it. 

They were ribs. Missed my chance to cook them on the weekend, so I refroze instead of letting them sit in the fridge for a week. When I thawed them again they were bad, even though they had only been thawed in my possession for less than 48 hours. Since they were vacuum bagged, they had to have been bad when I bought them.

1 hour ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Neither. Single sublimated letter with the stitching on top to simulate multiple layers. 

Isn’t that only with new jerseys? They had sublimation pre-edge? 

*edit*

they weren’t 

Per the link, correct customization should be:

• Back numbers: white twill bottom layer, gold twill top layer with screen-printed black border and black stitching over the black border
  • Sleeve numbers: one black twill layer with screen-printed inner white border and white stitching over the white border
  • Name: white twill bottom layer, gold twill top layer with black stitching inner border
Edited by mdwsta4

3 hours ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Neither. Single sublimated letter with the stitching on top to simulate multiple layers. 

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Also, did this apply to the Pooh bear alternate or was it just for the home/road?

Pooh Bear lettering was one layer (black) with a printed white strip with white stitching running through the strip.

Another custom crafted adventure coming up 

😛

keep us  updated 

rotten meat >>>>>>>>>> CC 

before sending in the jersey, have your sperm frozen........ after dealing with them you might never achieve an erection again 

Edited by tomtucker

A couple of recent pickups, one via eBay and another via Facebook. 

Mtew1z0.jpg

zVZzIgu.jpg

No idea who’s going on the Habs but the Hawks will probably be DeBrincat. This is my third MiC Adidas. 

As much as I hated the collars on the Hawks jersey from 2017-2019 I'm glad to own a pair of the home and road. 
A 2yr jersey that was never released to the public is gonna be a hard find as time goes on.  

I’ve heard that Adidas is reworking the collars entirely. On all jerseys. So, who knows, like you said, maybe the 2017-20 jerseys will be coveted someday. 

Today’s arrivals...a couple of replacements. 

A few months ago, an eBay buyer of mine asked me if I had any properly done goalie cut Brodeur jerseys. I had three, home, road and Retro, and didn’t want to sell any of them. 

He offered me an absurd amount for the home and road. I told him to buy the blanks on eBay from MeiGray, then send them to EPS, and it would cost about half of what he was offering. 

He understood, but didn’t want to make the effort. He wanted them NOW, so I said, if I sell them, it will only be to just re-buy the blanks lie I told you to, send them to EPS like I told you to, and replace them and pocket the rest as profit. He said he was fine with that. 

I agreed to do the Retro as well, but only if I could find a replacement blank. MeiGray has just one, but I knew from experience that their stock isn’t always accurate. So I contacted them and found out they were out of goalie cuts. 

So I told my buyer I had to pass on selling the Retro. His response was, I bet you’d sell it if I add $150 to my already absurd offer. He was right, I sold it without having a blank. 

Fast forward another month, a board member here had one for sale and I happily bought it. Sent them both in, fast forward 10 weeks (10 weeks when it was too hot to wear them anyway), and now I have all three back. The home red was sent in earlier and came back a few weeks ago, and these two came back today.  Took about 3 months total to sell and replace them, but the result was I have the same 3 jerseys plus turned a healthy profit, all during a time they would have just hung in the closet. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/152133914@N07/Y53L0g

https://www.flickr.com/gp/152133914@N07/rx445j

https://www.flickr.com/gp/152133914@N07/j6y1D5

https://www.flickr.com/gp/152133914@N07/ird9D6

No idea why my photo links are not embedding. 

Edited by mfitz804

8 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Was the buyer stitchnstuff by any chance?

That was the guy. Is that his usual M.O.?

I gave him step by step instructions on how to do it cheaper and he simply declined. Really nice guy with really deep pockets. 

Edited by mfitz804

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That was the guy. Is that his usual M.O.?

I gave him step by step instructions on how to do it cheaper and he simply declined. Really nice guy with really deep pockets. 

Yeah your story doesn't shock me at all. I sold my Yellow Preds GC to him and it was the oddest experience ever. He was messaging me three times a day for shipping updates and when it was coming (he had the tracking info).

Regarding your story, I've heard of him buying stuff and then selling it back for less than he bought it like a month later (like $200 loss).

I honestly think he just has loose screws.

10 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Yeah your story doesn't shock me at all. I sold my Yellow Preds GC to him and it was the oddest experience ever. He was messaging me three times a day for shipping updates and when it was coming (he had the tracking info).

Regarding your story, I've heard of him buying stuff and then selling it back for less than he bought it like a month later (like $200 loss).

I honestly think he just has loose screws.

He tried to sell me one of them back, but I told him I’d already purchased my replacement, just like I had told him I would. 

I think I do recall him asking weird questions about shipping, I think I told him exactly when I would ship (the afternoon of the next day) and he asked several times for tracking info, both before and after I uploaded the tracking number. 

But otherwise he seemed like a good guy. Not the best choice on the prices, but I can’t feel bad  because I tried multiple times to talk him out of it. 

Also, I think he tried to sell me a few different jerseys, a yellow Preds GC may have been one, even though I told him I only collect the Devils. 

Some people just get an idea in their head that they want something, and all logic goes out the window. They have to have it NOW, at any cost. When they get the item, they calm down and get buyer’s remorse. So, they sell it off. And the process repeats itself.