Brilliant!

It arrived today v. 8.0

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Nice.  I got one from Casey a few weeks ago.  Now I just have to strip my 1989-90 Gold Toe...

Just wondering, why do you need to strip it?

2 hours ago, brew said:

Yep, I was watching that one. I have a friend who's a huge Williams fan. I had fwded it to him :)

20 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Just wondering, why do you need to strip it?

Wrong font and has a twill nameplate.

1989-90 Mario Lemieux

1989-90 Mario Lemieux (Back)

OK, thanks.  I thought it might have something to do with you thinking you had the wrong hem logo or crest, or something like that.  Except for the Captain’s C, the font doesn’t really look that off to me.  But I’d certainly understand why you might want it as perfect as possible now that you have a great patch to put on it.  😊

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

1989-90 Mario Lemieux (Back)

Is the CCM on the hem correct?
It looks off to me.
I know I have a "Gold Toe" and I don't recall the CCM looking dirrerent like that.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

OK, thanks.  I thought it might have something to do with you thinking you had the wrong hem logo or crest, or something like that.  Except for the Captain’s C, the font doesn’t really look that off to me.  But I’d certainly understand why you might want it as perfect as possible now that you have a great patch to put on it.  😊

Yeah, it's subtle but the tops of the 6s should be shorter.  The nameplate should also extend all the way across the back.  The crest and hem tagging are correct for second half of 1989-90.

GW example (can't find a road mario, but the font is the same):

img-1464-b_orig.jpg

Keener does a pretty good job of recreating them:

lemieux-b.png

9 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Is the CCM on the hem correct?
It looks off to me.
I know I have a "Gold Toe" and I don't recall the CCM looking dirrerent like that.

It's correct.  The first set they had small-blaok CCM and Century Sports logos and I don't think it had the All Star patch.  The second set had the big-block CCM with no NHL, and it had the patch.  At least this is according to Casey's Penguins Chronicles site.

First Set:

8990cullenrb_orig.jpg

Second set:

8990kachowskirb_orig.jpg

Edited by jsh139

29 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It's correct.  The first set they had small-blaok CCM and Century Sports logos and I don't think it had the All Star patch.  The second set had the big-block CCM with no NHL, and it had the patch.  At least this is according to Casey's Penguins Chronicles site.

Has anyone ever figured out when the 89/90 first set gold toes were actually used?  I’ve seen footage of that season as early as October 89, and they are already wearing jerseys with the big blocks (without NHL shield) and the All-Star patch, presumably from the 2nd set.  Were the first set ones used just in the preseason, or did they see any use in the first few games of the regular season?

5 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, it's subtle but the tops of the 6s should be shorter.  The nameplate should also extend all the way across the back.  The crest and hem tagging are correct for second half of 1989-90.

Ugh.  I had to do that to a couple of mine as well.  You're right - it is subtle.  Easy to miss, but then once you see it you can't un-see it.

I swear I'm not TRYING to make it this easy for you, Mfitz... (stealth mode....)

Edited by blurryhaze312

IMG_6440IMG_6441IMG_6448IMG_6452

Recent pickups from the Sharks end of season used equipment sale.  I hope to turn the road one into an Evander Kane and the home one into a Tomas Hertl.

Has anyone used Action Spot Sports before?  They are listed on this forum as the Sharks current team customizer.  Just wondering if they are the appropriate shop with which to send in my jerseys. Thanks!

1992-93 Curt Giles, Set 2

48048325782_a2a7893e2c_z.jpg

48048325682_39cfa97daa_z.jpg

On 6/11/2019 at 1:45 PM, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Beauty Kovy, on my to do list also.

Yup, Got to agree with this. They got it right first time around. 

Tampa also got it right first time around.  what say you fellow forum members?

That Giles is badass. I used to have a white Kevin Miller from the home set. Any peeling on the vinyl? I don't see any. That's a good sign as just about all the ones I had from that era had at least some flaking.

Seeing the Centennial patch on Blues stuff always reminds me of this:

27 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

That Giles is badass. I used to have a white Kevin Miller from the home set. Any peeling on the vinyl? I don't see any. That's a good sign as just about all the ones I had from that era had at least some flaking.

Some of the vinyl of the sleeve numbers has come a bit loose, but nothing major. Other than that no flaking or cracking, pretty happy about this.

Semi-related question, do you have any idea if (and how) this is fixable? 

57436.jpg

Didn’t think I’d ever land one of these... One of the 100 or so team issued prototypes used at the 2011 Gnash Vegas charity event and rumored to have been the planned away jersey before Nashville went gold that summer.

Now I have to decide if I want to keep it the ghost of Erat (practically a Forsberg jersey) or if I dare strip it and turn it into a Fisher...

940D438C-801F-4CD7-82B9-F559C4F47DE5.jpeg

That's a cool Preds jersey. It's like the opposite of the eggplant one they wore for a couple years.

Rumor was that dark navy alt was going to become their home and this inverted one was going to be the away, then the all gold branding switch stopped that.

I’m wondering if our Winter Classic will stay gold or be more of a throwback to a prior design.

On 6/13/2019 at 10:21 PM, perthisthereason said:

Some of the vinyl of the sleeve numbers has come a bit loose, but nothing major. Other than that no flaking or cracking, pretty happy about this.

57436.jpg

On 6/13/2019 at 10:21 PM, perthisthereason said:

57436.jpg

Put a sheet of parchment paper over the number and heat with either a heat press or an iron but I wouldn’t go above 320 degrees 

On 6/17/2019 at 2:35 PM, Dunlap said:

940D438C-801F-4CD7-82B9-F559C4F47DE5.jpeg

Love this style and the dark navy jerseys....better than the current Preds jerseys.

On 6/12/2019 at 3:28 PM, LAK74 said:

Has anyone ever figured out when the 89/90 first set gold toes were actually used?  I’ve seen footage of that season as early as October 89, and they are already wearing jerseys with the big blocks (without NHL shield) and the All-Star patch, presumably from the 2nd set.  Were the first set ones used just in the preseason, or did they see any use in the first few games of the regular season?

I have that information...

2017/18 Anže Kopitar home game worn jersey.  During this season, Kopitar racked up career highs in goals, assists and total points, won his 2nd Selke Trophy, and was a finalist for the Hart Trophy.

LAK  2017/18  Kopitar, Anže    H f  GWLAK  2017/18  Kopitar, Anže    H r  GWKopitar1

Photomatched to a large board burn on the right shoulder:

Kopitar2Kopitar3

Also photomatched to a board burn on the left shoulder seam, as well as thread stubs on the letters in Kopitar’s name:

Kopitar4Kopitar5

Wow, nice pickup LAK74!  

8 hours ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Nice Kopitar, was super tempted but the white Kovalchuk with the sale but with import fees just made it not doable. Probably not a bad thing....

Better that you saved your money, you’d only have to ship it to Russia for a few years until it came back and then someone else would buy it.