It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

My first jersey in YEARS!

I know it's just an Indo, but I'm fairly impressed for $220 CAD shipped! Still, doesn't seem to beat the quality of any real authentic jerseys I've owned in the past. This time around I might not be that picky, I mean, not many people on the streets can tell what type of jersey you're wearing. So I might stick with the Adidas Indo.

IMG-0303.jpg

IMG-0305.jpg

IMG-0304.jpg

IMG-0306.jpg

IMG-0307.jpg

IMG-0308.jpg

Edited by StayFrosty
pic correction

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, CYI3ERPUNK said:

As long as you’re happy with it, that’s all that matters.  I personally prefer the kiss cut, too.

Yessir, very happy with it. :) I don't imagine it would be a sticking point when it comes time to sell... then again we are a strange and picky breed of collectors so I might have my work cut out.

1 hour ago, Gewargis said:

I know, right? I feel like this might be more rare than a barberpole.

I’d say so. Not to mention how cheap you got it!!

Couple more jerseys added today.

Size 52 Lightning Rheaume 1992-93.  2 Cool things of note, it is ultrafil which is to my understanding, what they wore in preseason 92-93... and it has the black CCM logo indicating the inaugural season as I've been informed by Spudrock that the CCM was blue the 2nd season and beyond. Apparently Keener did the custom job.

48532621807_d2ea5a734a_k.jpg

48524699832_6450166553_k.jpg

48524590901_2c0e36e8bc_k.jpg

Size XL Hi-Li Ice Sheen Kalamazoo Wings 1990-91.  Was a gamer, but has been stripped and cleaned up and will one day become a Kari Takko.  Love how the Kalamazoo jerseys mirrored the design of the North Stars/Stars jerseys, outside the logo and shine of the fabric of course.  HUGE thank you to @spudrock512 for taking care to clean and strip the jersey for me.  @jsh139 looks like I got a little North Star flavour today anyhow. 

48524701587_b557356a12_k.jpg

Edited by JJM4

31 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Size 52 Lightning Rheaume 1992-93.  2 Cool things of note, it is ultrafil which is to my understanding, what they wore in preseason 92-93... and it has the black CCM logo indicating the inaugural season as I've been informed by Spudrock that the CCM was blue the 2nd season and beyond. Apparently Keener did the custom job.

48524700657_7e3617afc3_k.jpg

So you got it :(

Congrats, that's a very nice jersey, and one that I've been looking for for quite some time.

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

Yessir, very happy with it. :) I don't imagine it would be a sticking point when it comes time to sell... then again we are a strange and picky breed of collectors so I might have my work cut out.

It’ll sell regardless, I wouldn’t be worried.  I feel like a lot of collectors aren’t even aware that the 95/96 Fisherman’s were stacked unless they’re heavy into Islanders jerseys.  

Just now, perthisthereason said:

So you got it :(

Congrats, that's a very nice jersey, and one that I've been looking for for quite some time.

Yeah, when I saw it was ultrafil I had to go for it.  I've had the air knit in the past and I let it go.  I'll keep you in mind and if I do decide to move it I'll give you first chance at it.  Maybe there's a trade to be had at some point, who knows?

4 minutes ago, CYI3ERPUNK said:

It’ll sell regardless, I wouldn’t be worried.  I feel like a lot of collectors aren’t even aware that the 95/96 Fisherman’s were stacked unless they’re heavy into Islanders jerseys.  

Yeah it was in the back of my mind that it was incorrect when I asked the seller about the customization, but I still went for it being a Palffy fan and all.

Just got this back from RJ Liebe Lettering.  The company who does the Blues lettering.  This was a game worn Schmaltz that I stripped and had done as an Oreilly. Has the Stanley Cup Finals patch on the front.  They got this done in just over a week.  $95 shipped, and is exactly the same lettering the Blues have

ORback2.jpg.1ce77b623ed7b436014b814de5caa23a.jpg

11 minutes ago, Ggirth55 said:

Just got this back from RJ Liebe Lettering.  The company who does the Blues lettering.  This was a game worn Schmaltz that I stripped and had done as an Oreilly. Has the Stanley Cup Finals patch on the front.  They got this done in just over a week.  $95 shipped, and is exactly the same lettering the Blues have

ORback2.jpg.1ce77b623ed7b436014b814de5caa23a.jpg

Here is the link to pictures of the front and back

https://imgur.com/gallery/sN81NuG

On 8/12/2019 at 9:35 PM, JJM4 said:

48532621807_d2ea5a734a_k.jpg

48524590901_2c0e36e8bc_k.jpg

I am the original owner of that Rheume, and I did indeed have Keener do the job. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

2 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

I am the original owner of that Rheume, and I did indeed have Keener do the job. 

Right on.  Thanks to both you and the last owner for letting it go.  I'm happy to have it and know that if Keener did the work, it'll be spot on.

9 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Right on.  Thanks to both you and the last owner for letting it go.  I'm happy to have it and know that if Keener did the work, it'll be spot on.

I would have loved to keep it, but it fit smaller than most 52’s from that era, and I’m a biggoalie.  

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Welcome! That money went right into the back pocket of FuriousD for a Whalers. 

Haha, Awesome, came full circle then because I bought that White Sandow Whalers about 1.5 years ago and tipped FuriousD off to the owner of the green.  Such mint jerseys for early 80s.  Enjoy!

Who are you going to customize it as?

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

I’m kind of a goalie nerd, thinking Greg Millen. My first Sandow. And FuriousD told me about that seller, who unfortunately has disappeared after a couple weeks of emails about others.

Cool, I'm sorta the same with the goalies, but I couldn't pass up a Francis rookie.  Was my 1st and only too.

That seller is still sitting on some gems, he surfaces every now and again, but is mostly MIA which is sorta too bad but good for my wallet.

Ahh it's summer, it's slow, here's a blank I just got in today. 

Moncton Hawks size 50 CCM Maska.  It's the Jets farm team from the late 80s early 90s so this is very obviously a repurposed Jets jersey since there is a CCM NHL tail tag.  I want to keep it a Hawks though and do up a Beauregard 30 from his AHL days.  Huge fan of Eastern Canada in general so I'm excited to add this one.  Fight strap was cut out and a couple minor marks to clean up but all part of the deal. I'll have Keener do it up in the same way a Jets jersey would be done. Same fonts and the twill nameplate.

If anyone comes across early 90s AHL from Atlantic Canada please let me know, I've got the Fredericton Canadiens now this one, looking for PEI, Cape Breton, Halifax, Saint John and St. John's eventually.

48555542277_c3fbcd4bbd_k.jpg

Edited by JJM4

I got this in over the weekend:  Oleg Tverdovsky 2002-03 red set 1 game worn jersey.  It's actually stamped on the inside hem as from 00-01 as the jersey is a recycled Stanislav Gron from that season.  Some nice wear and photomatched!

Edited by Devilsguy

Always love seeing the older Devils jerseys, and the Koho are no exception. Tverdovsky is one of those guys that was here for barely a moment, but it was the exact right moment.

Nice pickup!

Thanks guys!

I have to admit, I constantly get Gron confused with Sasha Goc who also in the orgranization around the same time as Gron.  I almost even referred to him in my post lol.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Thanks guys!

I have to admit, I constantly get Gron confused with Sasha Goc who also in the orgranization around the same time as Gron.  I almost even referred to him in my post lol.

I’ve always thought you can’t tell your Goc from your Gron.