It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

6 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

Not sure, are a lot of you guys willing to collect Adidas Indo jerseys since the MIC jersey is so hard to come by?

Obviously, the Fanatics jersey is out. Total garbage from what I've heard. And the Reebok 2.0's were/are good, but I don't like the collar on them compared to Adidas, and I want what I collect from here on in to be current and modern.

For Oilers, my team, I also really like their current orange jerseys, more than any Reebok home jerseys they've had.

Most of us still shun the Indo, but some people are still collecting them because the MIC are not  available at retail. I’ve found plenty the same way you did, but you have to be willing to strip and re-do. 

I happen to agree about the 2.0, I have definitely come to like the MIC Adidas better. Never did understand what Reebok was trying to accomplish with the collar, it’s like they made a v-neck, then added an extra piece to cut off the V, and the collar kind of stands up in the back. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I won't go for the Indo Adidas as I bought one and promptly returned it. Poor quality, loose threads, bad fit and so on.

I have gotten my hands on 7 MIC Adidas so far and they are about as good as the 2.0's (similar quality) but compared to the Indo Ady's it's night and day.

It's got me a little concerned about the direction of collecting.

I feel it's gonna drive the price way up because the current styles are not availible in the quantities to feed all of our needs - but I also feel it's going to hurt the value of 2.0's and 6100 style because people won't have extra $ to spend on older stuff when they want the latest and greatest.
For the sake of my collection I don't want the older stuff to become boring or lose value but what are ya gonna do...

I hope I'm getting my point across the right way as it's Friday and I'm just trying to chime in beofre I kick off the work day.

Enjoy the weekend everybody!

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

I won’t touch an indo with a ten foot pole. I was able to get my hands on a MIC Stadium Series and AreTnas, so I’m happy enough since the Leafs haven’t changed their style since the Reeboks. 

Ideally, going forward hopefully someone gets an in with Adidas like JB did with Reebok. But who knows how long that could take. 

Same.  Just like with edge 2.0’s eventually stock will get out into the market.  I wouldn’t get too excited about JB getting them though unless you’re cool paying $500 for a blank

So, trying to not get too excited about what could be nothing, but. I saw some MiC team stock for this coming season (don’t ask, I can’t tell where/how). Anyways, the team stock came with retail adidas tags in the collar, in addition to the usual TI card at the end of one sleeve. 

Thought it was very odd to see retail adidas tags on team stock. 

What was the fight strap stitching like on the MIC team stock with retail tags? Double? or Single?

Any way, I just ordered a Darnell Nurse Adidas Orange TI jersey. When I get it, I'll post pics. But... $530 CAD shipped :-( Will probably owe customs fees, too.

I'm gonna get my white one crested with McDavid in a couple weeks. Also, I will sell my McDavid Indo some time this season, when hopefully it will sell for more than it would now.

2 minutes ago, StayFrosty said:

Also, I will sell my McDavid Indo some time this season, when hopefully it will sell for more than it would now.

That’s wise, they always sell better during the season when hockey is on more people’s minds. 

1 hour ago, StayFrosty said:

What was the fight strap stitching like on the MIC team stock with retail tags? Double? or Single?

Double, I checked. 

1 hour ago, StayFrosty said:

Any way, I just ordered a Darnell Nurse Adidas Orange TI jersey. When I get it, I'll post pics. But... $530 CAD shipped 😞 Will probably owe customs fees, too.

I'm gonna get my white one crested with McDavid in a couple weeks. Also, I will sell my McDavid Indo some time this season, when hopefully it will sell for more than it would now.

Ok, if you do a McDavid on the white, you can probably reuse the nameplate if you need to, though I'd assume Elite Sportswear must have matching material so you may not need to go to those lengths.  I sent mine to Keener so I needed to reuse a Russell plate for a McDavid since he doesn't have the material.

Edited by JJM4

On 8/5/2019 at 8:55 PM, mfitz804 said:

Today’s arrivals...a couple of replacements. 

A few months ago, an eBay buyer of mine asked me if I had any properly done goalie cut Brodeur jerseys. I had three, home, road and Retro, and didn’t want to sell any of them. 

He offered me an absurd amount for the home and road. I told him to buy the blanks on eBay from MeiGray, then send them to EPS, and it would cost about half of what he was offering. 

He understood, but didn’t want to make the effort. He wanted them NOW, so I said, if I sell them, it will only be to just re-buy the blanks lie I told you to, send them to EPS like I told you to, and replace them and pocket the rest as profit. He said he was fine with that. 

I agreed to do the Retro as well, but only if I could find a replacement blank. MeiGray has just one, but I knew from experience that their stock isn’t always accurate. So I contacted them and found out they were out of goalie cuts. 

So I told my buyer I had to pass on selling the Retro. His response was, I bet you’d sell it if I add $150 to my already absurd offer. He was right, I sold it without having a blank. 

Fast forward another month, a board member here had one for sale and I happily bought it. Sent them both in, fast forward 10 weeks (10 weeks when it was too hot to wear them anyway), and now I have all three back. The home red was sent in earlier and came back a few weeks ago, and these two came back today.  Took about 3 months total to sell and replace them, but the result was I have the same 3 jerseys plus turned a healthy profit, all during a time they would have just hung in the closet. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/152133914@N07/Y53L0g

https://www.flickr.com/gp/152133914@N07/rx445j

https://www.flickr.com/gp/152133914@N07/j6y1D5

https://www.flickr.com/gp/152133914@N07/ird9D6

No idea why my photo links are not embedding. 

Is this one of your jerseys? It's for resale.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Brodeur-Game-Issued-Stanley-Cup-2012-Jersey-Nhl-Edge-2-0-Size-58G-Goalie-Cut/163834024946?hash=item262544d3f2:g:EM0AAOSwRaJdZHwy

10 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Yup. Pictures 4 and 5 also feature my kitchen tile. 

Note that it is a 58+G, the size Marty wore, not a 58G. It’s shows that in one picture but not in the title or description. 

Not that anyone is going to pay that price. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup. Pictures 4 and 5 also feature my kitchen tile. 

Note that it is a 58+G, the size Marty wore, not a 58G. It’s shows that in one picture but not in the title or description. 

Not that anyone is going to pay that price. 

Just find it hiliarious he was begging you to move it and now it is for sale. 

56 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Just find it hiliarious he was begging you to move it and now it is for sale. 

It’s even worse, he asked me twice if I wanted to buy it back. 

I told him that I did exactly what I told him to do, bought the jersey from MeiGray, the patch on eBay, and sent it to EPS to be customized, all for about half of what he paid me. 

That was about a month or two ago. He then asked me again yesterday and I had to explain it again. 

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s even worse, he asked me twice if I wanted to buy it back. 

I told him that I did exactly what I told him to do, bought the jersey from MeiGray, the patch on eBay, and sent it to EPS to be customized, all for about half of what he paid me. 

That was about a month or two ago. He then asked me again yesterday and I had to explain it again. 

It’s a cycle with him. I guarantee he would sell it to you for less than he bought it for from you. 

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

It’s a cycle with him. I guarantee he would sell it to you for less than he bought it for from you. 

He’d have to, why would anyone else pay $400 for a jersey you can make for $210?

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

When the guy who repurchases everything meets a guy that resells everything, that’s amoré. 

Definitely less musical than the original song, not as catchy, but it works. 

But I’m not sure which of those guys is supposed to be me because I’m both. 

Thanks everyone for all the advice that was given to me!

I stripped the white Oilers team issued. You can view pics of how it turned out here:

Can't thank @slimcutta enough for this one.  Lucky that he saw my post from a couple weeks back looking for more Maritime Canadian 90s AHL jerseys.  This one's special, as PEI is probably my favourite place to visit. 

Size 54 Pavol Demitra PEI Senators 94-95

48661634146_d8fd572497_k.jpg

48661632671_d950122f5c_k.jpg

Also still on the lookout for a St. John's Maple Leafs, Cape Breton Oilers and Halifax Citadels to go with the Maritime jerseys.

Edited by JJM4

And a couple blanks for your summertime viewing pleasure.  These are both from IJ members as well, thanks for letting the Nords go again @furiousd

48661600131_832ed604c7_k.jpg

48661246258_2108ba04ba_k.jpg

1 minute ago, perthisthereason said:

Those haircuts need to make a comeback.

They still exist in certain parts of the country. 

South Jersey especially. It's basically Alabama down there.

God, that Gilmour is gorgeous...dare I say, even "Killer"??

Am I crazy or is the nameplate a different color? Was it restored possibly?

It is indeed a different material. It appears to be consistent with another jersey from that season that I could find. However, this one doesn't have the CC logo. 

51710.jpg