It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

7 hours ago, rabinsurance said:

Those Bauer IHL jerseys were the best. HJimm used to hang around here with an incredible collection. Haven't heard from him in years, not sure if he still has them, but he had a website that was awesome. Good guy to deal with.

I think Jimm sold off most of his stuff a few years back.  I remember seeing that on the gameworn.net site.  He had some really cool jerseys.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, asherisloud said:

th_60235_IMG_0687_122_252lo.JPG

As in, what did Kevin do to the bed in his time in NYC?

But seriously, NHL.com allows you to return anything, so why not just send back the ones you aren't happy with? They are pretty notorious for bad customizing, which is kind of weird, you'd think they would be the MOST authentic. But those who collect know that's not the case. 

On 9/10/2019 at 7:07 PM, Ggirth55 said:

He even refurbished the crest on the Chase jersey. 

Got any close ups of the before/after vinyl on the crest? How do they get refurbished?

Couple recent pickups:

wZsLTXa.jpg

5uxUL6P.jpg

CYIEidr.jpg

4FGEcei.jpg

8f2ERDd.jpg

qJVMf8F.jpg

The Krag Christensen is a Traverse City Prospects tournament gamer from 17/18, there's pretty much no wear on it. Anselmini was on the Canucks TC roster last year but didn't play a game in preseason. There's some wear on it, and I looked at the the YoungStars Classic directly before training camp and found that Nando Eggenberger wore an 84 for a game so this is likely a recycled jersey.

Edited by TheDithyK

5 minutes ago, TheDithyK said:

The Krag Christensen is a Traverse City Prospects tournament gamer from 17/18, there's pretty much no wear on it. Anselmini was on the Canucks TC roster last year but didn't play a game in preseason. There's some wear on it, and I looked at the the YoungStars Classic directly before training camp and found that Nando Eggenberger wore an 84 for a game so this is likely a recycled jersey.

I'm reasonably sure the only reason I never played in the NHL is that I didn't have a cool name like Nando Eggenberger. 

24 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm reasonably sure the only reason I never played in the NHL is that I didn't have a cool name like Nando Eggenberger. 

Having the cool name couldn't save Nando though which sucks, imagine all the endorsements he could've easily gotten.

22 minutes ago, TheDithyK said:

Having the cool name couldn't save Nando though which sucks, imagine all the endorsements he could've easily gotten.

The Eggenberger. For a limited time at Applebee’s.

On 9/10/2019 at 11:47 PM, FrontYardSpecial said:

Nice Blues jerseys. What 25th Anniversary patch did you use? I’m having a hard time finding a good reproduction. 

Here is the one I used.  It’s as close as I can find to the real thing. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392332357088

4 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Got any close ups of the before/after vinyl on the crest? How do they get refurbished?

Here you go: https://imgur.com/a/1DKWcfG

sorry it’s a link. I can’t figure out how to get a decent size picture on these threads. 

On 9/12/2019 at 4:28 PM, TheDithyK said:

Couple recent pickups:

I am really falling in love the Adidas MIC jerseys.  Very nice!

Edited by slimcutta

18 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Basically the crest gets taken off the jersey and the top blue layer is removed.  Then I'll put a piece of tracing paper over the crest and trace out the outline of the vinyl layer.  Cut that out and transfer it to a new piece of vinyl and then put everything back together.  Works very well, you might be able to see some small spots on the edge where the new vinyl doesn't cover the old exactly 100% but its better than having the peeling vinyl. 

If you're thinking why can't this be drawn in a computer and cut exactly by a machine.  Well, every single crest is slightly different.  An exact cutout might work for one crest but won't match anything else.  Every crest has to be done from scratch.  Also, depending on the year of the jersey, the St. Louis embroidery might be done right on the blue layer of the crest or sometimes it is done on a small rectangle of twill separate from the crest and stitched on.  If I'm working on a crest that has the embroidery on the separate piece I can simply take it off and make a new crest from scratch and then just add it on.  I'm pretty sure the separate embroidery crests were Starter jerseys only but I might be wrong on that.

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

Basically the crest gets taken off the jersey and the top blue layer is removed.  Then I'll put a piece of tracing paper over the crest and trace out the outline of the vinyl layer.  Cut that out and transfer it to a new piece of vinyl and then put everything back together.  Works very well, you might be able to see some small spots on the edge where the new vinyl doesn't cover the old exactly 100% but its better than having the peeling vinyl. 

If you're thinking why can't this be drawn in a computer and cut exactly by a machine.  Well, every single crest is slightly different.  An exact cutout might work for one crest but won't match anything else.  Every crest has to be done from scratch.  Also, depending on the year of the jersey, the St. Louis embroidery might be done right on the blue layer of the crest or sometimes it is done on a small rectangle of twill separate from the crest and stitched on.  If I'm working on a crest that has the embroidery on the separate piece I can simply take it off and make a new crest from scratch and then just add it on.  I'm pretty sure the separate embroidery crests were Starter jerseys only but I might be wrong on that.

Quite impressive! 
Just wondering, is there any preventative measures one could take to keep the vinyl from cracking on an old one? 

Just hoping you may have a little of the ol' "ounce of prevention better than a pound of the cure"  advice other than, Never wash or wear them. 

58 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

advice other than, Never wash or wear them. 

I don't think that would work either, I think it would dry out over time and it'll crack just from that. I could be wrong. 

Wanted to show my starting collection as I had two jerseys arrive from being crested at EliteSportswear just yesterday.

The Nurse is probably my most impressive jersey since it's an official TI he would have worn. But I wonder how much the McDavid would go for on Ebay?

IMG-0378.jpg

IMG-0379.jpg

IMG-0380.jpg

IMG-0381.jpg

IMG-0382.jpg

IMG-0383.jpg

IMG-0384.jpg

IMG-0385.jpg

IMG-0386.jpg

IMG-0387.jpg

IMG-0388.jpg

IMG-0389.jpg

IMG-0390.jpg

IMG-0391.jpg

IMG-0392.jpg

IMG-0393.jpg

IMG-0394.jpg

IMG-0395.jpg

IMG-0396.jpg

Thanks for L@@KING!

3 hours ago, furiousd said:

Probably not as much as you hope it would.

Nice jersey though. 😁

As someone who has sold stripped/redone MIC Adidas jerseys, I can confirm the only people really excited by that are members of this message board. 

Another pick up today, from a mini locker room sale. I've been meaning to grab an Oil Kings jersey, and these alternates are pretty nice. It's an 18/19 game worn jersey by Brett Kemp. 

B5rXFWS.jpg

b4y4cS9.jpg

Decent wear for a guy who played 40 games with them that year, and way less in this jersey.

Here's a before and after of my most recent project jersey that I'd thought I would share. I knew the kit was inaccurate when I bought it and keeping the autograph was important to me and my collection so I did the best I could by stripping and recutting the kit to resemble team specs. Purchased new name and sleeves from TMLFAN. After a day of looking at game worns, pressing and sewing the new kit I think am pretty pleased with the overall look. 

48516560602_84557b2c08.jpg48516382696_726cfe407b.jpg
48713167531_9645662da5.jpg48713334742_bc26d0f70b.jpg

Wow nice Federov!  My fav TBTC, looks like you did some solid work on it, good job on saving the autograph!