Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, that Richter is a beauty!   👍

Nice pickups all around @furiousd! The Richter is amazing just like his performance in the 96 WCOH.

10 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

The problem with FuriousD is that he’s not impulsive like the rest of us got an irrational fear of selling anything. Unfortunately for me that Richter won’t appear in a sales thread anytime soon. 

Fixed that for ya

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yellow Horn!?!

Yeah!  He had a great couple years with the Ams.  But I fully admit that my main reason for picking him was that it would just look cool. 

40 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Great pick-ups, @furiousd.  Off topic, but I like that carpet.  Frieze?

No idea! I even had to look up what "frieze" meant for carpet. 

One replacement that I sold and two hawks for the collection:

1991-92 Ron Hextall Philadelphia Flyers Away Jersey Size 52

1991-92 Ron Hextall Philadelphia Flyers Away Jersey Front1991-92 Ron Hextall Philadelphia Flyers Away Jersey Back

1997-1998 Tony Amonte Chicago Blackhawks Alternate Jersey Size 56

1997-1998 Tony Amonte Chicago Blackhawks Alternate Jersey Front1997-1998 Tony Amonte Chicago Blackhawks Alternate Jersey Back

2005-2006 Patrick Sharp Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey Size 52 (1st year with the Hawks)

2005-2006 Patrick Sharp Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey Front2005-2006 Patrick Sharp Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey Back

7 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Where did you find the NTDP jersey?

Someone on the Facebook game worn group was selling off a bunch. He's still got some too, here's a link to the post assuming you're in the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GameWornHockeyJerseyCollectors/permalink/2595718663846061/?sale_post_id=2595718663846061

It’s a crapshoot with shop.nhl.; you take your chances.  Some of the prelettered ones are layered twill, and others are printed single layer.

Man, it seems like over 75% of all current Flyers jerseys that I see have the wrong letter font on them.  Black layer on the numbers could be thicker too.

7 hours ago, LAK74 said:

It’s a crapshoot with shop.nhl.; you take your chances.  Some of the prelettered ones are layered twill, and others are printed single layer.

Man, it seems like over 75% of all current Flyers jerseys that I see have the wrong letter font on them.  Black layer on the numbers could be thicker too.

I don't know why they continue to use that letter font. They haven't used it on-ice in 10 years.  And even then, never on the orange Edge/Adizero.  I'm pretty sure the team store at the arena uses it, too.  Makes no sense.

Even the black Flyers jerseys, which haven’t been used in a long time, very often have a 2-layer version of this same font (that used to be used on the old white jerseys).  Most people don’t seem to notice this, but I’m sure you do!  😄

Got this in yesterday: Bill Guerin 1996/97 red set 2.  Nice wear and photomatched to two pictures so far.  Love it!

I put a post in the game worn FB group back in January that I was looking for Devils gamers of 5 players.  As of right now I have since acquired 4 of the 5 and Guerin was one of them.

Edited by Devilsguy