It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

That Guerin looks fantastic. Big block airknit gameworn, to boot, have to love that. Was definitely a fan of his when he was with our team. 

Meanwhile, two affordable GI’s to strip popped up shortly before the draft. I knew what to do with those!

Arrived back from EPS today after 8 weeks:

48760106792_9490616f35_b.jpg

48759918726_3fc7af0141_b.jpg

48760106797_9651a926d9_b.jpg

48759596268_dde2dc2827_b.jpg

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks and nice!!!

One day I have to get around to acquiring a Canadian made Devils adidas.  Would love to get a Hischier or Subban.

7 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Thanks and nice!!!

One day I have to get around to acquiring a Canadian made Devils adidas.  Would love to get a Hischier or Subban.

It would be nice to simply be able to buy a MIC and get whatever player you want. It’s a radical concept. Until then, we’re stuck with GW and GI, and stripping them when you want a certain player. 

I had sworn off stripping (TWSS), Buy the Adidas happened. 

13 hours ago, LAK74 said:

It’s a crapshoot with shop.nhl.; you take your chances.  Some of the prelettered ones are layered twill, and others are printed single layer.

Man, it seems like over 75% of all current Flyers jerseys that I see have the wrong letter font on them.  Black layer on the numbers could be thicker too.

yeah I just got a Corey Perry Ducks and it has the sublimated lettering.  I also ordered 2 Lemieux Rangers home and away that just got shipped from Stahl's so hopefully they won't be the heat pressed crap.

6 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Even the black Flyers jerseys, which haven’t been used in a long time, very often have a 2-layer version of this same font (that used to be used on the old white jerseys).  Most people don’t seem to notice this, but I’m sure you do!  😄

Yep. My old replicas from the 00's had it.  I had no idea it was even wrong back then!

Bundy in the house! 2003-04 Chris Therien, Third set 1. Has a small amount of wear on the sleeves. Bundy wore this alternate jersey along with another in 7 games where he scored 1 goal.  Finally have one of this style in GW.

2003-04 Game Worn Chris Therien, Third set 1

2003-04 Game Worn Chris Therien, Third set 1 (Back)

2003-04_Flyers_Therien_04

Well this showed up out of nowhere.  I didn't order a second one and this time it came with an "A" on the front which isn't even correct.  When I contacted Fantatics about the mistake, they told me custom orders can't be returned, but I guess I can't return something I didn't order.  Oh well.

th_90531_IMG_0212_122_171lo.jpg

th_90530_IMG_0210_122_61lo.jpg

Edited by asherisloud

Confirm you weren’t charged for it and then lost it on eBay starting at $10. Someone will buy it despite its flaw (ie that it’s a Rangers jersey lol) and it will be free money for you. 

Did they actually send you your road one, or was this second home one erroneously sent, instead of the road one?

Edited by LAK74

12 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Did they actually send you your road one, or was this second home one erroneously sent, instead of the road one?

Yes I actually got one that has no A on it.  This second one came out of nowhere.  I also got a white one too that I ordered at the same time as the blue one and that just arrived this morning, with no A on it either. 

Edited by asherisloud

58 minutes ago, asherisloud said:

Yes I actually got one that has no A on it.  This second one came out of nowhere.  I also got a white one too that I ordered at the same time as the blue one and that just arrived this morning, with no A on it either. 

If you weren’t charged, can’t return, and don’t otherwise need it, it’s perfect for eBay like I said. Or play hockey in it. Or wipe your butt with it, that would be two A’s on it. 

If it was free, doesn’t seem like a problem. 

1 hour ago, asherisloud said:

Well, it looks like the road one arrived after your previous post.  I thought they might have screwed up and sent you another home one so that you wouldn’t be getting the road one, in which case you would have to send the 2nd blue one back in order to get the road one.  But hey, if they sent you 3 for the price of 2 and don’t want it back, then I guess you’re free to do whatever you want with it!   Dummies.  Maybe later you’ll get another white one with an A on it!

Edited by LAK74

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

If you weren’t charged, can’t return, and don’t otherwise need it, it’s perfect for eBay like I said. Or play hockey in it. Or wipe your butt with it, that would be two A’s on it. 

Correct I wasn't charged for it only the 2 that I actually ordered.  If you put it on ebay what would you start it at?

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

That is one option I can get behind.

44 minutes ago, asherisloud said:

I have a Gostisbehere that I'd rather use for that

That works too, obviously.That works too, obviously.

1 hour ago, asherisloud said:

Correct I wasn't charged for it only the 2 that I actually ordered.  If you put it on ebay what would you start it at?

I would just do as traditional auction, seven days, start it at like $9.99 and have no buy it now. Just let the market set the price. Maybe stick a best offer on there in case somebody wants to make an offer. You can always say no, but maybe somebody offers you something that you like.

Chicago Blackhawks Karl Dykhuis GW (training camp & preseason 94/95). Nice ultrafill jersey with good wear, although this jersey was worn by other players according to the COA. 

20190926_134511

20190926_134519

56 minutes ago, asherisloud said:

Just got lemieux road jersey back from Stahls and yeah the lettering is backwards and the entire jersey is off centered.

I see what you mean about one of the 8’s being upside down (should be a fairly easy fix).  Just eyeballing it, the back numbers don’t seem significantly off-center to me; the 4 is wider than the 8, so the midline of the jersey should pass through part of the 4, not between the 2 numbers.  What is important is that the left side of the 4 be around the same distance from the left edge of the jersey as the right side of the 8 is from the right edge of the jersey.

The back numbers might look off-center relative to the fight strap attachment, but I have a feeling the fight strap was attached too close to the left side of the jersey, which might make the back numbers look placed too far to the right.  I could be wrong about all this, but you can check all this with a tape measure.

5 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I see what you mean about one of the 8’s being upside down (should be a fairly easy fix).  Just eyeballing it, the back numbers don’t seem significantly off-center to me; the 4 is wider than the 8, so the midline of the jersey should pass through part of the 4, not between the 2 numbers.  What is important is that the left side of the 4 be around the same distance from the left edge of the jersey as the right side of the 8 is from the right edge of the jersey.

The back numbers might look off-center relative to the fight strap attachment, but I have a feeling the fight strap was attached too close to the left side of the jersey, which might make the back numbers look placed too far to the right.  I could be wrong about all this, but you can check all this with a tape measure.

oh wow when I look at it that way yeah thanks so much for the valuable info!!