It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great pickups all around. A toast to lighter wallets.

Got these in as well from Keener

1983-84 Steve Yzerman Red Wings road size 54 - NHL debut jersey

Big thanks to @TheBZ for selling this to me way back when

Yes I know it has the embroidery for the Wings 65th anniversary which was not used in that season, but I left it on there as retail jerseys did not have this embroidery applied.  So I am thinking this was some sort of team issue which was intended to be recycled a few seasons later.

20170228_193900_zpsh9ftku3u.jpg20170228_194000_zpsik82kfle.jpg

1990-91 Dominik Hasek Hawks road size 54 - NHL debut jersey - w/authentic (at least it looks like it) '91 ASG patch

20170228_200123_zpscsa7hoor.jpg20170228_200201_zpsgveyxcfb.jpg

Edited by HockeyMusic

33 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

Got these in as well from Keener

1983-84 Steve Yzerman Red Wings road size 54 - NHL debut jersey

Big thanks to @TheBZ for selling this to me way back when

Yes I know it has the embroidery for the Wings 65th anniversary which was not used in that season, but I left it on there as retail jerseys did not have this embroidery applied.  So I am thinking this was some sort of team issue which was intended to be recycled a few seasons later.

Looks great! Glad it got a good home. 

14 hours ago, Flyers845 said:

Wayne Simmonds 2016-17 50th Anniversary Set 2 B719D056-DD3F-479B-A92B-E7FBFF8DD568_zps

meme9163310394_zpstmveweza.jpg

2016-2017 Josh Manson gameworn Ducks 3rd, Set 1 - some sleeve wear –

YHGMa2d.jpg

UvizEAJ.jpg

1995-1996 Bob Halkidis gameworn Lightning home with customized (cut-off) sleeves – 

hXzSRIg.jpg

zGPu0yy.jpg

RCmDPT6.jpg

1998-1999 Roger Maxwell gameworn Louisiana IceGators home - New Year's themed jersey worn 12/31/98 with blood stains around the neck –

FSF7D6O.jpg

yysa62O.jpg

R12CBA1.jpg

1994-1995 Steven Finn Nordiques camp/practice worn jersey - decent sleeve wear and some flaking of the logo, name and numbers -

stagjLP.jpg

aNk0wiJ.jpg

Edited by bobbyp6565

1 hour ago, Flyers845 said:

It won't be the scf that's for sure. 

62081544.jpg

J/K, we all know they're going nowhere this season. 

Got this in today: Reid Boucher Albany Devils Ugly Christmas Sweater game worn jersey.  Reid wore this in the game against the Marlies on 12/6/15 and scored the first goal of the game which became the GWG as the Devils shut out the Marlies.  Pretty neat since the Albany Devils, as like their parent club, do not really do specialty night jerseys.  In their 6 year history they have had 3 with 2 last year (Christmas and Camo) and 1 this year (River Rats throwbacks).  Nice heavy jersey that is probably the nicest "ugly" Christmas sweater jerseys I have seen.

32829233000_51916385e8_c.jpg

32829232900_564db5b692_c.jpg

48 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Got this in today: Reid Boucher Albany Devils Ugly Christmas Sweater game worn jersey.  Reid wore this in the game against the Marlies on 12/6/15 and scored the first goal of the game which became the GWG as the Devils shut out the Marlies.  Pretty neat since the Albany Devils, as like their parent club, do not really do specialty night jerseys.  In their 6 year history they have had 3 with 2 last year (Christmas and Camo) and 1 this year (River Rats throwbacks).  Nice heavy jersey that is probably the nicest "ugly" Christmas sweater jerseys I have seen.

Yeah, they did a nice job on those. Nice pickup!

I'm curious to know how that feels when it's worn...like sitting down in a car with it on. 

It looks like it would feel like wearing two pizza boxes on your back. 

How is it?

Be our guinea pig!

11 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

I'm curious to know how that feels when it's worn...like sitting down in a car with it on. 

How is it?

Be our guinea pig!

It's definitely noticeable but not terrible. 

On a side note this medium is smaller than others or I'm getting bigger 

46 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

How is it?

Be our guinea pig!

One can only imagine the epic story that must go along with why you know what that feels like. 

12 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Just unsure why it needs the cross through the numbers.

I can see a reason for that if the cross is stitched to the jersey itself to give it more stability if the glue behind it doesn't hold. If it's just holding the number to the plate, it's pointless. 

Remember, back when felt was used on the old sweaters, there was no adhesive to iron the numbers on. The only way to keep the numbers on for a while and probably to endure the washings that they would suffer from, was to stitch throughout the body of the fabric as well as the edge. That's why you see those wacky patterns on old wool pieces AND the replications of that in the blue Sabres alternate, Habs, Leafs and B's Winter Classics and now this.

4 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Remember, back when felt was used on the old sweaters, there was no adhesive to iron the numbers on. The only way to keep the numbers on for a while and probably to endure the washings that they would suffer from, was to stitch throughout the body of the fabric as well as the edge. That's why you see those wacky patterns on old wool pieces AND the replications of that in the blue Sabres alternate, Habs, Leafs and B's Winter Classics and now this.

Now you mention it I now remember old repro rugby jerseys with the same sort of stitching through the numbers.

53 minutes ago, hatryk said:

As I look inside the jersey thing is heat pressed. I sent an email to real sports. 

What part is heat pressed? Everything looks stitched. 

Yeah I could tell from the stitching on the outside that it was all just heat pressed.  The zig zag stitch doesn't go all the way to the edge.  I noticed some differences between this and the authenticsports customization.  Mainly the realsports version does not have the decorative straight stitch outline on the letters and nameplate.  Since SLC will be doing the gamers it will be interesting to see their interpretation of the customization.