It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Guest Dr_Puck
12 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Is nobody going to comment on that unbelievable Binghamton Whalers Jay Vee jersey? Probably the only Whalers jersey that's rarer than the Hartford version of the same era. With the 50th anniversary patch no less! That is absolutely spectacular. I think it's interesting that yours doesn't have that oversized and obnoxious JAY-VEE tag sewn into the neck like I've seen on others.

Fun fact about Binghamton hockey: Prior to the birth of the Whalers with the crooked logo, the city's team was the Broome Dusters of the old NAHL. Binghamton is the county seat of Broome County, New York. Broome Dusters. Get it? HA! Clever! The logo was even designed by Binghamton native Johnny Hart; i.e. the guy who drew those old cornball B.C. comics in the funny pages....that's right, I said funny pages. That's how old it is. Hell, the Broome Dusters even inspired portions of Slap Shot. There was an opposing team called Broome County in that Federal League.

Thanks, that jersey is just so sharp. I've been after an Whalers goalie-- authentic or gamer, Binghamton or Hartford-- for a while. I came close to grabbing a Hartford recently wth no luck. The mesh on this Binghamton is good quality too. Lots of puck marks to notice when you look closely.  

Fun fact: Johnny Hart also did the design for this UHL team, which played in Binghamton between the AHL's Rangers and Senators.  A long-departed gamer of mine: 

VsriEpGl.jpg

Edited by Dr_Puck

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/25/2017 at 2:30 PM, furiousd said:

Did someone say ultrafil?

Holy crap dude! That is ultralicious!!!

Edited by SoNowWhat?

On 12/29/2017 at 6:16 AM, JJM4 said:

Back from Keener today is this North Stars airknit size 52.

Glorious. Very jelly here.

Edited by SoNowWhat?

On 1/1/2018 at 5:27 AM, LAK74 said:

Thanks, everyone!  I added pics of the shoulder and front panel materials to the post above.

That's a very interesting comparison and the Indo looks pretty poor in contrast to Canadian. Reminds me of an old CCM replica vs Center Ice Ultrafil authentic.

Those are two great kelly green jerseys right there.

The MIC Adidas look pretty nice, IMO.  Great to finally see some of the details up close.  

Hey @LAK74, is the dimple pattern the same on the MIC Adidas NHL as it was on the WCOH jerseys?  Looks to me like the dots might be closer together...

Edited by furiousd

1 hour ago, furiousd said:

Hey @LAK74, is the dimple pattern the same on the MIC Adidas NHL as it was on the WCOH jerseys?  Looks to me like the dots might be closer together...

Nope, actually the WCOH dimples look much closer to the Indo Adizero than the Canadian one.

33 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Where did you pick up the MIC Adidas?

Kings Game Worn store.

On 12/30/2017 at 5:09 AM, LAK74 said:

Finally got my hands on a real 2017/18 Adizero.  Marian Gaborik Set 1 road.  Photomatched to the stain near the bottom of the crest.  I can now say that practically every piece of fabric on this Canadian 7387 has some noticeable difference from the corresponding piece on the Indo.  The “airknit” making up the majority of the body is less porous looking, less stretchy and more durable feeling than the Indo fabric.  The dazzle striping on this Kings 7387 is much thicker and has metallic silver threads running through it, while the Indo striping is more of a bland, flat gray with tiny silver specks in it.  The 7387 has double elbows of course, while the Indo has only a single thin layer of fabric in the elbow area.  The “golf ball” textured shoulder panels on the 7387 are thicker, and the dimples are much deeper and recessed into the fabric than on the Indo.  Even the NHL shields are ever so slightly different, and surprisingly the Indo shield is thicker and less flexible than the Canadian one.  There are very subtle differences in the embroidery of the front crests, and the base twill layers of the crests have different textures and sheen to them.  I probably don’t even need to mention the terrible fight strap on the Indo one.

The 7387 has more sturdy stitching, for example on the inside of the waist stripe area.  (Canada top, Indo bottom:)

Trim stripes and elbow areDimpled shoulder and front airknit panel texture, Canada on top.

Overall, the 7387 feels very nice, and as I had imagined, makes the Indo Adizero look and feel like a replica in comparison.

Those two statements are 100% true and why I have zero problems holding off on buying the Indo-Zero.

On 12/30/2017 at 2:56 PM, Dr_Puck said:

I hate the term "grail"-- It's overused in our hobby. As my signature indicates, we get one grail and one grail only. Mine happened to arrive today, a 1985-86 Binghamton Whalers gamer. I tracked this down from a well-known collector after I noticed he was selling off some of the Whalers trophies that Sidorkiewicz originally consigned with Classic Auctions several years ago. The River Rats-- the one Devils-related jersey I'll ever own-- is a nice touch. Originally listed as a GI, this Rats has good evidence of game use. I lived in Binghamton and Albany when Sidorkiewicz was in each respective city, so this counts as a local buy of sorts. 

FS5osSPl.jpg

fDWm9szl.jpg

PriNZ1dl.jpg

WemJpR9l.jpg 

Love the Rats jersey.  Judging by the Bauer manufacturer he most likely wore it in either 96-97 or 97-98 season as they wore CCM previously.

Loved Peter's name too.  Can't think of any other player off of top of my head with Dork in his name.

22 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Can't think of any other player off of top of my head with Dork in his name.

That’s why we also call him “Dr.Dork”. 

39 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Love the Rats jersey.  Judging by the Bauer manufacturer he most likely wore it in either 96-97 or 97-98 season as they wore CCM previously.

Loved Peter's name too.  Can't think of any other player off of top of my head with Dork in his name.

17 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

That’s why we also call him “Dr.Dork”. 

As a kid we called him "Sir Dorkowitz" like he was a knight...

17 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Nope, actually the WCOH dimples look much closer to the Indo Adizero than the Canadian one.

Are you saying that the MIC WCOH jersey materials are different than the MIC NHL jersey materials? Or simply the dimples are a different pattern.

Yes, the airknit material used on most of the body is different in the 17/18 Kings (and I assume for other teams as well) compared to the WCOH ones.  The WCOH material has a smoother, more slippery feeling to it, as well as a different knit pattern.  The collar material and the mesh between the sleeves and body seem identical though.

Edited by LAK74

2017-18 Jakub Voracek, home set 1.

If my calculations are correct, it was worn in 17 regular season and 3 preseason games. Jake scored 4 goals and 20!! assists in this jersey. It's got some nice marks and burns on it and the twill is pretty beat up. Super excited to get this one!

2017-18 Game Worn Jakub Voracek, home set 1

2017-18 Game Worn Jakub Voracek, home set 1 (Back)

19 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

If my calculations are correct, it was worn in 17 regular season and 3 preseason games. Jake scored 4 goals and 20!! assists in this jersey. It's got some nice marks and burns on it and the twill is pretty beat up. Super excited to get this one!

2017-18 Game Worn Jakub Voracek, home set 1

2017-18 Game Worn Jakub Voracek, home set 1 (Back)

Not a flyers fan but that jersey is amazing! 

On 2/6/2017 at 2:42 PM, Dr_Puck said:

It's been a while since I've posted a new arrival. Here's an interesting sublimated jersey from the University at Albany. I have no idea when this was worn or who wore it. These university club jerseys are a small but fun part of my collection. 

ZrBcaJWl.jpg

Nice pickup!

2 hours ago, Mcmanus said:

Not a flyers fan but that jersey is amazing! 

Thanks! I like these Adizero jerseys. Nice fit and they do seem to be made well. 

21 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I’ll second this. The dimples are the same distance apart but they are much deeper and pronounced on the MiC Adizero. 

Adizero on top, WCOH on bottom. I tried to adjust the contrast so you see the depth difference. 

Dimples

4 hours ago, jsh139 said:

20 games of use and no repairs?

I know repairs aren't the be all end all of game use, but wow!

1 hour ago, mharolde said:

20 games of use and no repairs?

I know repairs aren't the be all end all of game use, but wow!

I’ve got it on good authority that Derek Settlemyre can’t stand to repair jerseys. I have a bunch of Flyers GW jerseys from his time as equipment manager and only one of them has a team repair. 

This one has a few holes in various places. I’m not surprised in the least that it has no repairs. 

Also, Jake is not a really rough player. He only has 13 hits credited to him all season. 13 hits in 38 games. Wayne Simmonds has 63. I know it’s not the only indication of playing style, but just to put it in perspective, ya know?

Edited by jsh139

2012-13 Carter Hutton Chicago Blackhawks Practice Worn Jersey Goalie Size 58 - has tons of puck marks and some post marks on the back.  Much more detail to the AthetiCo patch.  I thought it was just a blue square of twill, but it's definitely not.

2012-13 Carter Hutton Chicago Blackhawks Practice Worn Jersey Front2012-13 Carter Hutton Chicago Blackhawks Practice Worn Jersey Back2012-13 Carter Hutton Chicago Blackhawks Practice Worn Jersey AthletiCo Patch

1991-92 Boston Bruins TBTC Jersey Size 52. The 75th anniversary patch needs to be added, but I have an authentic one already that I will add (not sure why it was missing, but not a big deal).

1991-92 Boston Bruins TBTC Jersey Front

Soon to become a Ray Bourque #77 jersey!!!

25602836468_5c5c9b0ff4_b.jpg

Very excited to have this one. 

Found on eBay as one of those pre-Customized NHL Player jerseys, with incredibly inaccurate customization including a twill nameplate and incorrect number font. It was more expensive than I wanted it to be, but these don't come up in size 56 often so I jumped on it. 

I stripped the kit and there was HEAVY glue residue from the numbers. About the worst I have ever seen (I wish I had taken pictures, but I didn't). So I sent it off to EPS to clean and recustomize. 

They did a great job of cleaning it and there are only a few slight signs of the original numbers on the sleeves. I went with the same player and number so I am sure that helped. The positioning of the glue marks showed me how inaccurate the font truly was. 

In any event, it came back today and its a welcome addition to my collection. 

24608534497_b8d8b4fc05_b.jpg

39444952102_af1e45e0bb_b.jpg

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Very excited to have this one. 

Found on eBay as one of those pre-Customized NHL Player jerseys, with incredibly inaccurate customization including a twill nameplate and incorrect number font. It was more expensive than I wanted it to be, but these don't come up in size 56 often so I jumped on it. 

I stripped the kit and there was HEAVY glue residue from the numbers. About the worst I have ever seen (I wish I had taken pictures, but I didn't). So I sent it off to EPS to clean and recustomize. 

They did a great job of cleaning it and there are only a few slight signs of the original numbers on the sleeves. I went with the same player and number so I am sure that helped. The positioning of the glue marks showed me how inaccurate the font truly was. 

In any event, it came back today and its a welcome addition to my collection. 

And when you’re sick of it in two weeks, you can send it to me.