It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

32 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Are the tops of the 7 and 2 in a line?  That's what I would look for.  I don't know if the back Edge panel on those Hawks jerseys really lays down perfectly straight, and I'm guessing that is what is suggesting to your eye that it's crooked.

You're right, its very hard to get them to lay flat, even when you do its just "mostly flat". 

Take a tape measure and measure from each of the bottom corners of the 7 to the top of the stripe; if they're equal, its even. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of new one from some great members:

1991-92 Steve Yzerman Detroit Red Wings TBTC Jersey Size 50 (Thanks to JJM4)

1991-92 Steve Yzerman Detroit Red Wings TBTC Jersey Front1991-92 Steve Yzerman Detroit Red Wings TBTC Jersey Back

2000-01 Jeremy Roenick Phoenix Coyotes Away Jersey NWT Size 52 (Thanks to FuriousD)

2000-01 Jeremy Roenick Phoenix Coyotes Away Jersey Front2000-01 Jeremy Roenick Phoenix Coyotes Away Jersey Back

17 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

A couple of new one from some great members:

1991-92 Steve Yzerman Detroit Red Wings TBTC Jersey Size 50 (Thanks to JJM4)

2000-01 Jeremy Roenick Phoenix Coyotes Away Jersey NWT Size 52 (Thanks to FuriousD)

Solid pickups!!

Two strips and re-do's from EPS.

This was a Made in Canada game issued Dalton Prout jersey. I bought it from MeiGray and stripped it. EPS did a very good job re-creating the new font, with only minor differences. The strip was so easy and everything came off so cleanly, I was surprised to still see some compression marks from the old number on the back. I don't think anyone would see it without looking for it, and even then I am not sure they'd know that was what it was. 

In any event, the re-design has definitely grown on me and I am happy to add this one to the collection. Also cool that it has the 100th patch, so its a re-creation of the jersey Nico wore for his first NHL game, which I attended. Also my first Devils #13, which was my number as a kid. 

40871914174_87d2e950ce_b.jpg

41542221752_d27d39d55f_b.jpg

This one is one of my favorite jerseys to wear, only issue was that I wanted it to be a Brodeur, not a Niedermayer. After years of looking for another blank, I realized I didn't really care to have the Niedermayer anymore. So, I stripped it. It had some heavy glue residue, which EPS charged $15 to clean and they removed all of it, you cannot tell this jersey was stripped at all. 

I then bought a ProPlayer replica, had a buddy sew the Nieds kit, NHL2000 and 2000 SCF patches on it, and I sold it on eBay. The end result was $50 in profit, which almost covered the cost of re-customizing the jersey. Very happy with the results. 

39775090890_1ef767827f_b.jpg

39775090840_59b53b00d6_b.jpg

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Two strips and re-do's from EPS.

This was a Made in Canada game issued Dalton Prout jersey. I bought it from MeiGray and stripped it. EPS did a very good job re-creating the new font, with only minor differences. The strip was so easy and everything came off so cleanly, I was surprised to still see some compression marks from the old number on the back. I don't think anyone would see it without looking for it, and even then I am not sure they'd know that was what it was. 

In any event, the re-design has definitely grown on me and I am happy to add this one to the collection. Also cool that it has the 100th patch, so its a re-creation of the jersey Nico wore for his first NHL game, which I attended. Also my first Devils #13, which was my number as a kid. 

Those came out nice!

Question for you. When you strip MeiGray jerseys and re-customize them, do you or does EPS strip the MeiGray authentication tag out (if there's one)? Or with the Prout, both the MeiGray tag and the Philly Express tag?

Reason i am asking this is because this discussion pops up from time to time in the game worn community.  When MeiGray jerseys are stripped and the Meigray tag or a customizer tag like Philly Express stays in jerseys, it puts the risk of the jerseys potentially being resold as game worns to people who do not know about the game worn hobby or MeiGray population reports to look up numbers.

Someone like you who is honest and is a reputable seller/collector wouldn't do this of course, but when any one of those jerseys leaves your hands you never know what the next person will do with them or how they're going to represent them to make a buck. 

Thanks!

I do not remove the MeiGray tag and did not remove the PX tag. The only reason is because I would rather have the tag still in place than remove it and have it leave evidence behind that it was removed. 

I did this a few times and sold the jerseys without even thinking about that possibility (shows how honest I am, it never even crossed my mind). Each time, I of course advertised it as being a stripped Game Issued jersey of (insert player name) that was re-done. But its true, someone buying it from me could do whatever. 

It was brought up on this site, and after that discussion, I decided that the correct thing to do would be to remove and destroy the tags if I am ever going to sell the jersey. I would just hope the tag came off clean and/or didn't leave evidence behind, or that the buyer wouldn't care. 

But I haven't sold one since deciding that. There's no real risk of that happening here, as I bought the GI from MeiGray at top dollar ($395) and then invested even more money into it. There's little to no likelihood I could recoup close to what I have into it, especially if MIC blanks become available. 

My thought was, blank Edge jerseys at full retail were $300, so the extra $95 was a premium I paid to have the jersey now, while they aren't available. That's how I rationalized it to myself, anyway. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Thanks!

I do not remove the MeiGray tag and did not remove the PX tag. The only reason is because I would rather have the tag still in place than remove it and have it leave evidence behind that it was removed. 

I did this a few times and sold the jerseys without even thinking about that possibility (shows how honest I am, it never even crossed my mind). Each time, I of course advertised it as being a stripped Game Issued jersey of (insert player name) that was re-done. But its true, someone buying it from me could do whatever. 

It was brought up on this site, and after that discussion, I decided that the correct thing to do would be to remove and destroy the tags if I am ever going to sell the jersey. I would just hope the tag came off clean and/or didn't leave evidence behind, or that the buyer wouldn't care. 

But I haven't sold one since deciding that. There's no real risk of that happening here, as I bought the GI from MeiGray at top dollar ($395) and then invested even more money into it. There's little to no likelihood I could recoup close to what I have into it, especially if MIC blanks become available. 

My thought was, blank Edge jerseys at full retail were $300, so the extra $95 was a premium I paid to have the jersey now, while they aren't available. That's how I rationalized it to myself, anyway. 

You're welcome! 

I think the way that you (and others) choose to buy GI's and the like from MeiGray and re-customize them and/or create jerseys is really the smart way. Between the yearly sales, clearance section and blanks the collectors with an eye for accuracy and doing it right have a field day. 

20 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

You're welcome! 

I think the way that you (and others) choose to buy GI's and the like from MeiGray and re-customize them and/or create jerseys is really the smart way. Between the yearly sales, clearance section and blanks the collectors with an eye for accuracy and doing it right have a field day. 

This one was an exception being that its the first year and the price is higher, but by shopping on their sales, I have routinely bought GI's for $150-180. Saves a little money, anyway. Almost if not all of the previous GI's I bought were white ones, which at the time were otherwise not available at retail. 

Now, of course, MeiGray has blank Edge jerseys for $129 and they sell even cheaper from private sellers on eBay. So buying and stripping Edge gamers right now makes little to no sense, unless you happen to find one that only needs a nameplate change.

As far as the Adidas go, I still need a white one and may well pick up a GI should MeiGray wind up having any available. I have no confidence that Canadian blanks will be available anytime soon. 

The question now is, do I spend even more and do the same thing to the lightly worn white Prout game worn that MeiGray has?

Thanks to Mike for a Brilliant! job on some stitching for me... much appreciated!  (Stole your pictures too, since I haven't moved my stuff from Photobucket yet.)

2v2J7ZszNx2YANR.jpg

2v2J7KNwGx2YANR.jpg

2v2J7KNAqx2YANR.jpg

2v2J7BFbLx2YANR.jpg

Yes, we're hoping this fall there will be enough interest to have regular teams/games at our rink, and my team is going to wear those.  Hoping we can find some matching gear as well!

I got a few cool arrivals.

I got an autographed Toews Team Issued w/ Vector logo on the back. I'm pretty pumped about this one since I don't think I've ever seen one for sale before. I might have to strip it because the customization was a little funky.

I also got a Jimmy Hayes autographed practice jersey. It's hard to see, but it's on the 9. First ever 58+ ;)

Also got a prototype jersey. It's a pretty cool bday gift from my bro. It's a prototype edge 1 jersey, but it has the 6100 tagging still. The NHL shield is also fully sewn onto the collar instead.

ZbxV6ha_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

G6csYWM_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

been out of the country and came back to a slew of packages. The girlfriend moved out so I guess I have more closet space for jerseys now...

2016-17 Jeremy Davies Northeastern jersey. Photomatched the rear number in two different games. Minor wear which I prefer. Was going to strip it and turn it into a Sikura, but...

DSCF4914-vi.jpg

DSCF4917-vi.jpg

Then I picked up Davies' OTHER jersey from that season and photo matched it so I guess neither will be stripped. This one has much more wear including where the Frozen Fenway patch was glued on for that game. Really want to find that patch and have a new nameplate made. Still on the hunt for a size 54 TI NE jersey or an authentic retail to turn into a Sikura

DSCF6497-vi.jpg

DSCF6498-vi.jpg

The only Premier I have in my collection, but for $40? It'll be good for once a year wear on St Patrick's Day

DSCF6501-vi.jpg

DSCF6502-vi.jpg

Last pickup is a jersey I had created for a local team sponsorship here in DC. Nice quality air knit. We'll see how it holds up

DSCF6499-vi.jpg

DSCF6500-vi.jpg

Edited by mdwsta4

Some recent pickups:

Florida Panthers Rostislav Olesz NHL Premiere Helsinki 2009 GW. Huge thanks to @gwarjis for helping me out, as the original seller refused to ship to Europe. It turns out that the seller enjoyed a nice bowl of pasta or pizza while wearing this jersey, because it has quite a few sauce stains...(and a few puck marks here and there). I now have three jerseys from that series :)

20180504_174705

20180504_174537

20180504_174446

And two Kansas City Royals Trevor Cahill GIs from last year's season

20180503_184910

20180503_185001

20180503_185140

20180503_185227

1 hour ago, amonte78 said:

Some recent pickups:

Florida Panthers Rostislav Olesz NHL Premiere Helsinki 2009 GW. Huge thanks to @gwarjis for helping me out, as the original seller refused to ship to Europe. It turns out that the seller enjoyed a nice bowl of pasta or pizza while wearing this jersey, because it has quite a few sauce stains...(and a few puck marks here and there). I now have three jerseys from that series :)

Before washing it, you should check if there's any pictures of Olesz wearing it to Olive Garden before the game, could be a potential photo match. 

:)

And yes, I did Google to confirm there's an Olive Garden in Helsinki before posting this. 

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And yes, I did Google to confirm there's an Olive Garden in Helsinki before posting this. 

Rated 2/5 on Yelp, so I guess the pasta was so bad that he tossed the plate around out of frustration..

From NHL auctions:

20180502_06364420180502_063729

This was a Leivo GI which thankfully stripped cleanly.  Leaning towards Kadri (scored) or Marleau (assist) since I already have a Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Reilly/JVR/Komarov

Would have for sure done up an Andersen if this was a GC

Edited by HockeyMusic

1 hour ago, amonte78 said:

Rated 2/5 on Yelp, so I guess the pasta was so bad that he tossed the plate around out of frustration..

Well, it was Olive Garden, so...

1 hour ago, HockeyMusic said:

From NHL auctions:

This was a Leivo GI which thankfully stripped cleanly.  Leaning towards Kadri (scored) or Marleau (assist) since I already have a Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Reilly/JVR/Komarov

Would have for sure done up an Andersen if this was a GC

Kadri for sure.  You can re-use the nameplate that way.

Picked this up off the bay to replace the size 52 I sold.  Pretty good condition aside from a few stains that I hope will come out easily.  Got it for an ok price, although I can now see that there was some obvious shill bidding going on.  Oh well.  This will be a Brodeur.

1991-96 Devils Road