It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Interesting...the spider wears hockey gloves on his front legs...but no skates on the others. I would have thought skates on all the remaining legs. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Interesting...the spider wears hockey gloves on his front legs...but no skates on the others. I would have thought skates on all the remaining legs. 

No need.  He just shoots webs into the rafters and swings back n forth over them, never touching the ice with his feet.  Kind of like I'd imagine Spiderman would do.

Just now, jsh139 said:

No need.  He just shoots webs into the rafters and swings back n forth over them, never touching the ice with his feet.  Kind of like I'd imagine Spiderman would do.

That makes total sense. But if he throws a body check, he gets a penalty every time because his feet aren't on the ice. 

3 hours ago, kkash48 said:

Had an awesome mail day - especially love the Hossa

Holy crap, that Hossa is glorious!!! Game worn?! Where in the hell did you find that!?!? Man, talk about a grail jersey right there.

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That makes total sense. But if he throws a body check, he gets a penalty every time because his feet aren't on the ice. 

I'm actually surprised he's a skater.  He'd make a perfect goalie.  Just spin a massive web over the front of the net and scoot back-n-forth over it.  His GAA would be amazing, but his puck handling would suck, of course.

2 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Holy crap, that Hossa is glorious!!! Game worn?! Where in the hell did you find that!?!? Man, talk about a grail jersey right there.

It's an authentic game worn Portland Winterhawk's jersey, but not Hossa.  It was a #10 that I had stripped and made into an #18 Hossa.  I also was lucky enough to stumble upon authentic 1998 Memorial Cup patch in a conversation with a guy on another Winterhawk jersey.  Thank you - I'm a Hossa nut and it's a total grail for me.

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I'm actually surprised he's a skater.  He'd make a perfect goalie.  Just spin a massive web over the front of the net and scoot back-n-forth over it.  His GAA would be amazing, but his puck handling would suck, of course.

Now hold on a sec. One set of hands for a stick and several blockers/catching gloves. Plus the goal front web.

Plus for giggles he can spin a web behind the goal for people to skate through. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Now hold on a sec. One set of hands for a stick and several blockers/catching gloves. Plus the goal front web.

Plus for giggles he can spin a web behind the goal for people to skate through. 

Oh, of course.  He'd have like 3 sets of blockers/catchers.  He could also spin webs to trip people up.  I mean, it'd be a penalty.  But, sometimes you wanna take that penalty in order to prevent a goal.

12 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Oh, of course.  He'd have like 3 sets of blockers/catchers.  He could also spin webs to trip people up.  I mean, it'd be a penalty.  But, sometimes you wanna take that penalty in order to prevent a goal.

I think someone's already been doing that to Crosby for years, he's definitely falling on something I don't see...

Good God, let me echo the love for that Winterhawks jersey. That is remarkable. I LOVE the 1998 Memorial Cup patch. They hosted AND won that tournament if I'm not mistaken. I also think that's the last tournament hosted by an American team.

The Spiders jersey is wild too. Those are incredibly rare seeing as the franchise only lasted one season. Every time I see that logo, I think of Arachneon:

latest?cb=20110617091821

3 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

My first Pro Player authentic, and I got it for real cheap. 

I'm a big fan of Pro Player jerseys. Nice pickup, especially for cheap!!

8 hours ago, kkash48 said:

Had an awesome mail day - especially love the Hossa and the Spiders - have many people to thank for these and you know who you are - thank you!

Spider1.jpg

Ken you have been killing it lately! 
I'm gonna have to sell a kidney to try and keep up! 

That Hossa is amazing! 
As far as the spiders logo. 
They cover his hind legs,  I'm betting he probably has an old pair of Bauer Turbo's which would explain why the franchise only lasted one season 

Some great  pick ups , on another note I have added another idiot to my blocked list #VACATION 

1 minute ago, redwingsdownunder said:

You really do seem to have all the 'luck' dealing with potential buyers don't you mate?

I just bought one from him, I’m hoping it’s not me...

;) 

8 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Good God, let me echo the love for that Winterhawks jersey. That is remarkable. I LOVE the 1998 Memorial Cup patch. They hosted AND won that tournament if I'm not mistaken. I also think that's the last tournament hosted by an American team.

The Spiders jersey is wild too. Those are incredibly rare seeing as the franchise only lasted one season. Every time I see that logo, I think of Arachneon:

latest?cb=20110617091821

Yeah, I remember that Mem Cup well, a guy I Ref with, his brother scored the GWG for them in OT to win the Cup......they played the tournament in Spokane that year.....not at home.

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

;) 

no sir you are all good 

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

;) 

I bought one about a month ago from @cowboys. Was an easy transaction. I think we were done and dusted in under 30 minutes. If only every jersey purchase / sale was like that

3 hours ago, redwingsdownunder said:

I bought one about a month ago from @cowboys. Was an easy transaction. I think we were done and dusted in under 30 minutes. If only every jersey purchase / sale was like that

Same enjoy post the finished product when complete 

7 hours ago, cowboys said:

no sir you are all good 

6 hours ago, redwingsdownunder said:

For the record, I was kidding. I’ve had multiple good deals with cowboys as well. I just thought the timing was humorous.