It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

So I took a chance on this one. 
I hoped to test my skills on trying to salvage something really bad but this one is out of my league.   

One thing I didn't pick up in the listing is that it's missing a fight strap and there's no sign there ever was one. 
The seller is cool and preferred to return it for a full refund rather than try and work out a partial refund. 

When they re-list it I hope they add notes that there are a few holes in the sleeves (about the size of two M&M's), burns on the elbows and no fight strap.  
If anyone here gives it a go I wish you luck  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Doug-Gilmour-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-CCM-Maska-Authentic-Jersey-Size-54/323436194649?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I hoped to test my skills on trying to salvage something really bad but this one is out of my league.   

One thing I didn't pick up in the listing is that it's missing a fight strap and there's no sign there ever was one. 
The seller is cool and preferred to return it for a full refund rather than try and work out a partial refund. 

When they re-list it I hope they add notes that there are a few holes in the sleeves (about the size of two M&M's), burns on the elbows and no fight strap.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Doug-Gilmour-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-CCM-Maska-Authentic-Jersey-Size-54/323436194649?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Very interesting. The neck tagging and material look correct, but no fight strap is odd. 

I don’t see double elbows either, am I right?

32 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Thanks for taking the bullet for me on this one.  I offered a reasonable $150 in the hopes I could clean it up but the offer was denied.  It was gone before I could convince myself to circle back on it and make a higher offer.  Will be staying away when it's relisted.

The double elbows and gussets are there. 
It's a legit jersey in every way 

Just odd there is NO sign of a fight strap, the overall condition of the jersey tells me they didn't know much about jerseys and wouldn't have known how to removed the strap and hold down for the strap without jacking up the rest of the jersey 

(sorry, forgot the NO part) 

Edited by Hockey Bob

Just now, TMLFAN said:

Thanks for taking the bullet for me on this one.  I offered a reasonable $150 in the hopes I could clean it up but the offer was denied.  It was gone before I could convince myself to circle back on it and make a higher offer.  Will be staying away when it's relisted.

Yeah, I had high hopes, I got it at $175 
I'd say in it's overall condition it's probably not worth $100  

15 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

The double elbows and gussets are there. 
It's a legit jersey in every way 

Just odd there is sign of a fight strap, the overall condition of the jersey tells me they didn't know much about jerseys and wouldn't have known how to removed the strap and hold down for the strap without jacking up the rest of the jersey 

Interesting. I think that’s clearly the least of its issues. 

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

Yeah, I had high hopes, I got it at $175 
I'd say in it's overall condition it's probably not worth $100  

I went in at $150 within the first few hours of it being listed and it was declined.  With the issues you described I would even say the value should be $50.  If you got it at that prices and were able to strip it, clean it and recustomize it the value for that jersey would probably be $150.

Gee, how did you guess it’s mine?  Haha.

Really?  I didn’t know they actually mentioned people’s names.   By coincidence I was actually going to try to watch that live show this morning, because in their e-mail it says you can follow the show on Facebook, Instagram or YouTube.  I don’t do the first 2, but I couldn’t figure out how to watch it on YouTube.  Maybe I’m just an idiot, but how do you access the show via YouTube?

Edited by LAK74

11 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Really?  I didn’t know they actually mentioned people’s names.   By coincidence I was actually going to try to watch that live show this morning, because in their e-mail it says you can follow the show on Facebook, Instagram or YouTube.  I don’t do the first 2, but I couldn’t figure out how to watch it on YouTube.  Maybe I’m just an idiot, but how do you access the show via YouTube?

I've always watched it on Instagram.  But, I think they're trying to like simulcast it to YT and FB.  It's at 11am ET, usually Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.  And, yeah, they call people out by name!

I got a couple more Prototype/Test jerseys today.

The Reebok jersey is an Edge 2.0. Other then being black instead of Navy and the different fonts the template is the same as a normal Jackets Edge 2.0.

The Adidas jersey is really close to the game worn Adizero, but there are slight differences like how the collar trim is sewn, the shoulder patches are a cheaper feeling patch, there are no stars on the sleeves and the Adidas logo is a rubberized patch. The back number is a single layer with perforations. This jersey also has random embossed NHL shields on it.

IMG_9109-X2.jpg

IMG_9110-X2.jpg

IMG_9112-X2.jpg

IMG_9113-X2.jpg

IMG_9118-X2.jpg

IMG_9121-X2.jpg

IMG_9120-X2.jpg

IMG_9115-X2.jpg
Edited by bluejacket

12 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Those promo jerseys would be cool to own, but I am glad they didn't get approved - the number they tried using was not very good.

I think these jersey were more then likely just thrown together for durability (wash cycles) testing, then actual prototypes that were being considered for production.    

Edited by bluejacket

1 minute ago, bluejacket said:

I think these jersey were more then likely just throw together for durability (wash cycles) testing, then actual prototypes that were being considered for production.    

That would make sense.  The light blue numbers on the one were just strange.

Just got this one in: Alexei Kasatonov 90-91 red game worn jersey.  Very beautiful jersey that has pretty decent wear consisting of marks throughout, lots of pilling, some loose stitching and an unrepaired hole.  Very happy to add this one and now I have 2 gamers from the Soviet Green Unit (the other is a Larionov Devils red preseason gamer from 03-04).

Edited by Devilsguy

That is one fine looking jersey, my man. 

12 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

an unrepaired hole

Regrettably, that's what she said. 

Pretty pumped to add this one. However, I really need to get all my blanks done up in the new year before adding more. This will eventually be a Kessel.

29877825497_1135f56a1b_z.jpg

Edited by Phil the Thrill

21 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Biggest

Patch

Ever

And they stole the keystone of Pennsylvania. Shouldn't our beloved Flyers get that logo? Philly is the best city in the state and all. 

31 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

And they stole the keystone of Pennsylvania. Shouldn't our beloved Flyers get that logo? Philly is the best city in the state and all. 

I know, right? Pittsburgh isn't even in Pennsylvania. It's part of Pennsyltucky.