Jump to content
Brilliant!

It arrived today v. 8.0

Recommended Posts

Well...if I am going to own a Predators jersey, it might as well be an inaugural season Bauer jersey:

1998-99 Tomas Vokoun Nashville Predators Home Inaugural Season Jersey Size 56 with  properly kiss-cut numbers.

 

1998-99 Tomas Vokoun Nashville Predators Home Inaugural Season Jersey Front1998-99 Tomas Vokoun Nashville Predators Home Inaugural Season Jersey Back

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woah, Preds used Bauer jerseys back in the day?  Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Well...if I am going to own a Predators jersey, it might as well be an inaugural season Bauer jersey:

1998-99 Tomas Vokoun Nashville Predators Home Inaugural Season Jersey Size 56 with  properly kiss-cut numbers.

 

 

 

holy sh t, that is 100 times cooler than what they have now .  design, logo , colors, number font, everything is just unique !

And man do i miss seeing CCM, Starter, Bauer and the orange NHL shield on the back hem.... looks so awesome compared to the shiny silver they now have on the front .

Edited by tomtucker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

although the A and C placements sucked!

That's what she said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the Preds jersey, so cool that they wore Bauer.  I could be wrong but I believe they were the only team to do that and it wasn't for very long. Nice find in a size 56, I've seen 48s but nothing in bigger sizes in my searches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They wore Bauer in their inaugural season only. That was the last year that you had more than 2 manufacturers (CCM, Starter, Nike, Bauer). Then for the following season, CCM and Pro Player split the league. The Pro Player went out of business and CCM took the entire league. IIRC, SP made the Nike and Bauer jerseys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

They wore Bauer in their inaugural season only. That was the last year that you had more than 2 manufacturers (CCM, Starter, Nike, Bauer). Then for the following season, CCM and Pro Player split the league. The Pro Player went out of business and CCM took the entire league. IIRC, SP made the Nike and Bauer jerseys. 

After ProPlayer, the Devils wore CCM whites and  Koho reds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

They wore Bauer in their inaugural season only. That was the last year that you had more than 2 manufacturers (CCM, Starter, Nike, Bauer). Then for the following season, CCM and Pro Player split the league. The Pro Player went out of business and CCM took the entire league. IIRC, SP made the Nike and Bauer jerseys. 

Also, I think Bauer was owned by Nike, but while Nike supplied Detroit, Chicago and a few other "better teams", almost seemed as though they didn't want their logo on an expansion team's shirts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Dr_Puck

I have a Dunham Bauer from that season (picked up from Zeshy). Pretty sure mine's a 56 and it runs big on me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pro Player Wild

67jBVjy.jpg

Guaranteed to be a foul no matter whose name I put on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

Pro Player Wild

Guaranteed to be a foul no matter whose name I put on it.

Might as well go with Gretzky #99 then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Might as well go with Gretzky #99 then. 

or Harambe #69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Might as well go with Gretzky #99 then. 

???

I’m actually tempted...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

or Harambe #69

I think it needs to be this.

#NeverForgetHarambe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

After ProPlayer, the Devils wore CCM whites and  Koho reds.

CCM tagged the white jerseys for ALL teams and their sister company's logo of Koho on darks and thirds, with a few exceptions until the strike year, then they tagged them all as Reebok. All the same ownership and manufacture. I left that out for brevity, but if you feel the need to correct people or play the semantics game then have at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rabinsurance said:

CCM tagged the white jerseys for ALL teams and their sister company's logo of Koho on darks and thirds, with a few exceptions until the strike year, then they tagged them all as Reebok. All the same ownership and manufacture. I left that out for brevity, but if you feel the need to correct people or play the semantics game then have at it. 

It’s just a fact, the jerseys was Koho. You made a point out of saying that SP made the Nike’s and Bauers but didn’t say anything about the Kohos.

I don’t “feel the need to correct people”, but this is a discussion forum. If something that’s discussed is inaccurate, expect someone to say something. It’s not your first day here, you know that already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's baaaAAAaaack and asking more than he was before. 
Good luck buddy! ?

Just seeing it makes me glad I got my $ back 

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Doug-Gilmour-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-NHL-CCM-Maska-Authentic-Jersey-Size-54/223162530859?hash=item33f585fc2b:g:5mAAAOSwnqpbqpA5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

It's baaaAAAaaack and asking more than he was before. 
Good luck buddy! ?

Just seeing it makes me glad I got my $ back 

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Doug-Gilmour-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-NHL-CCM-Maska-Authentic-Jersey-Size-54/223162530859?hash=item33f585fc2b:g:5mAAAOSwnqpbqpA5

Wait... You paid actual currency for this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Wait... You paid actual currency for this? 

Wait...you’re still alive???

Good to see you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Wait... You paid actual currency for this? 

The Dudes back!

He paid actual money for it and I was going to too.  My offer came in at $25 under hockey bob's so I was the lucky one I guess.

I thought it could be salvaged with a strip and cleanup but Bob's now confirmed that's not the case.  At least not for how much the seller will let it go for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dude is Back!!!!!!

That Leafs jersey was actually on sale for $124.99 for a short time.  I offered $50 because of how trashed it is, I was hoping it could be salvaged, I am glad they pulled it a relisted it $249.99. I couldn't believe it sold for around that much. And I am even happier that you got your money back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

The Dude is Back!!!!!!

I will assume he was pinned beneath a pile of jerseys that fell over and he was only discovered by a neighbor when he sent up smoke signals by throwing something in his heat press. 

It's the only reasonable explanation for his absence. 

Edited by mfitz804

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Wait... You paid actual currency for this? 

I hadn't bought anything in a while and figured it would be a good challenge of my skills to salvage (just trying to do my part)

The seller said he accidentially discounted it to $125 and it sold.
He cancelled it on somebody who didn't know how lucky they were - that thing is beat.

I tried to get him to do a partial refund and I'd give it a go, he never responded so I'm surprised he actually refunded the full total

Dodged a scrapper - Phew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Wait...you’re still alive???

Good to see you!

Hey buddy. Been a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...