It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

22 hours ago, KB67 said:

Probably a MeiGray game-issued purchased at $225, these strip super easy, I’ve stripped a few of the new Adidas and only one was difficult, so probably free there, then probably $80 for the Ovi Kit, so probably $300-$325 all in.....pretty good for a brand new Adidas Ovi MIC...

i see, thanks, so those jerseys are game issued, not worn? i do not see any damage to the jersey 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

i see, thanks, so those jerseys are game issued, not worn? i do not see any damage to the jersey 

All of the ones linked above are Game Issued (clearly marked as such). 

7 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

Tag  inside say game worn ..

It’s MeiGray’s “Game Worn Authentication Program”, but they also sell “Game Issued” jerseys as well at lower prices than the “Game Worn” ones, and that is the case with these. In the main description, if it says “Game Issued”, that means they are brand new and unused.

On 10/13/2018 at 3:42 AM, tomtucker said:

3 questions ?

so that ovi was a number 3, must have been expensive, first the purchase, then strip job and adding ovi 8 ?

who was number 3 by the way? and was it game worn?

Hi Tom,

My OV was indeed a #3, Jyrki Jokipakka who was on a PTO last year in training camp and was released.  It was worn in one game, and was clean except for a significant crease in the front logo and material, which Keener fixed.  It was $250 with LOA. Keener only charged $40 for the strip job, IIRC.  I didn't see any Caps for $225, which I'd prefer, as I don't personally want wear or damage .  The #78 I have is pretty much pristine, looks like GI - even though the LOA says game worn, and the game log says Lewington had ~19:00 for TOI, IIRC

Edited by LondonGardens

22 minutes ago, LondonGardens said:

Hi Tom,

My OV was indeed a #3, Jyrki Jokipakka who was on a PTO last year in training camp and was released.  It was worn in one game, and was clean except for a significant crease in the front logo and material, which Keener fixed.  It was $250 with LOA. Keener only charged $40 for the strip job, IIRC.  I didn't see any Caps for $225, which I'd prefer, as I don't personally want wear or damage .  The #78 I have is pretty much pristine, looks like GI - even though the LOA says game worn, and the game log says Lewington had ~19:00 for TOI, IIRC

Yeah, it looks like there isn’t any Caps jerseys left at $225, but there was lots before, and there is still lots there at $250, which is still pretty good....

https://www.meigray.com/mobile/ItemDetail.aspx?inventoryid=93805

2 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Tag  inside say game worn ..

2 hours ago, KB67 said:

It’s MeiGray’s “Game Worn Authentication Program”, but they also sell “Game Issued” jerseys as well at lower prices than the “Game Worn” ones, and that is the case with these. In the main description, if it says “Game Issued”, that means they are brand new and unused.

What he said. 

2 hours ago, KB67 said:

I see, a bit confusing.... someone on ebay could claim they were gameworn then, when there is that tag, right? 

1 minute ago, tomtucker said:

I see, a bit confusing.... someone on ebay could claim they were gameworn then, when there is that tag, right? 

Yup. But that’s how MeiGray tags them. Often there’s a stamp added to the fight strap that says it’s only game issued. And of course there’s the COA.

2 hours ago, LondonGardens said:

Hi Tom,

thanks for the info......

"Jyrki Jokipakka"  LOL ....sounds like a sobriety test,  walk this line and say Jyrki Jokipakka 5 times ! 

??

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup. But that’s how MeiGray tags them. Often there’s a stamp added to the fight strap that says it’s only game issued. And of course there’s the COA.

thanks  for the info.

just for fun, where can we see the game worn jerseys the knights and caps wore in the finals?

Edited by tomtucker

3 hours ago, tomtucker said:

thanks for the info......

"Jyrki Jokipakka"  LOL ....sounds like a sobriety test,  walk this line and say Jyrki Jokipakka 5 times ! 

??

Or, more like random letters typed out. Hshxjzosihebjdd djanksnsnss.  ?

Just now, jsh139 said:

Or, more like random letters typed out. Hshxjzosihebjdd djanksnsnss.  ?

That’s really not that far off lol. 

3 hours ago, tomtucker said:

thanks  for the info.

just for fun, where can we see the game worn jerseys the knights and caps wore in the finals?

Pretty sure they were all sold before any pics hit the site. MAF and Ovi both sold for $35,000, if I recall correctly. 

Just got a batch of ultrafil goodness in from Keener.  These are all in amazingly nice, minty fresh condition!

1989/90  Paul Coffey Penguins “gold toe” road:

PIT  1989/90  Coffey, Paul    R fPIT  1989/90  Coffey, Paul    R r

1991/92  Luc Robitaille Kings 25th Anniversary home with original patches:

LAK  1991/92  Robitaille, Luc    H fLAK  1991/92  Robitaille, Luc    H r

1991/92  Dale Hawerchuk Sabres road:

BUF  1991/92  Hawerchuk, Dale    R fBUF  1991/92  Hawerchuk, Dale    R r

Edited by LAK74

1992 ASG Gretzky Campbell Conference:

NHL ASG 1992  Gretzky, Wayne    CAM fNHL ASG 1992  Gretzky, Wayne    CAM r

1992/93  Luc Robitaille Kings road, with captain’s C worn during Gretzky’s injury:

LAK  1992/93  Robitaille, Luc    R fLAK  1992/93  Robitaille, Luc    R r

1996 ASG  Gretzky Western Conference:

NHL ASG 1996  Gretzky, Wayne    WC fNHL ASG 1996  Gretzky, Wayne    WC r

Edited by LAK74

All really nice, and like you noted the condition of them look MINT.  Love the Hawerchuk and the TBTC.

It's well known that I only collect one team, but when someone posts a big group of classic pre-Edge jerseys, and all of them are superstar players, it always makes me happy. THAT is what made me love hockey jerseys, right there. Especially the first three.