Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/13/2018 at 11:27 PM, KB67 said:

Sorry, I was specifically referring to the Caps which are $250 on the low end. Wish they had a 54!

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Sorry, I was specifically referring to the Caps which are $250 on the low end. Wish they had a 54!

Has anyone done a comparison yet between different sizes in the Adidas jerseys? I would be hard pressed to believe that someone who would wear a 54 couldn't also wear a 56, these things being cut as narrow as they are. 

46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Has anyone done a comparison yet between different sizes in the Adidas jerseys? I would be hard pressed to believe that someone who would wear a 54 couldn't also wear a 56, these things being cut as narrow as they are. 

The rule of thumb that I've heard from people is to go up a size when going from Reebok 7287 to Adidas jerseys.

Edited by Gewargis

4 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

The rule of thumb that I've heard from people is to go up a size when going from Reebok 7287 to Adidas jerseys.

I’m talking the difference between an Adidas 54 and 56. 

I’d agree that anyone can easily go up a size from their Edge size, but if you prefer the more tailored fit, your Edge size will work too.

Based on what others have told me, going from 54 to 56 in Edge isn’t that huge of a leap, so I was curious if anyone has 2 sizes in the Adidas to compare. 

A big thanks to everyone for all the nice comments!

@mfitz804  Yep, those were the guys who (in my younger days) really made me appreciate hockey.  Perhaps surprisingly, I didn’t really get into jersey collecting until around 7-8 years ago.  Finding all these old classic jerseys, and lettering them up with long-retired players is helping me to make up for lost time, I guess.  ?

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

A big thanks to everyone for all the nice comments!

@mfitz804  Yep, those were the guys who (in my younger days) really made me appreciate hockey.  Perhaps surprisingly, I didn’t really get into jersey collecting until around 7-8 years ago.  Finding all these old classic jerseys, and lettering them up with long-retired players is helping me to make up for lost time, I guess.  ?

Nothing wrong with that. If one were to look through my jersey collection at present, I believe there's a grand total of one guy who is still playing (Taylor Hall), although I have 2 more at EPS getting Hall'ed at the moment. 

EDIT: Forgot my MIC Adidas Hischier also. 

Vintage is better. The older I get, the more I tell myself that lol. 

Edited by mfitz804

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Well I say 54 because you rarely see gamers any smaller. I prefer 50. I've had both MIC 54 and 56 from Adidas and the 54 is close to the limits in terms of fit without pads for me.

12 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Well I say 54 because you rarely see gamers any smaller. I prefer 50. I've had both MIC 54 and 56 from Adidas and the 54 is close to the limits in terms of fit without pads for me.

That makes sense. I was hoping to see one of those pictures with the larger jersey under the smaller jersey to see the difference. But if you're already going two from your preferred size, I could see where the 56 might be an issue. I thought you were talking going up ONE size, which wouldn't have been an issue in my estimation. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

That makes sense. I was hoping to see one of those pictures with the larger jersey under the smaller jersey to see the difference. But if you're already going two from your preferred size, I could see where the 56 might be an issue. I thought you were talking going up ONE size, which wouldn't have been an issue in my estimation. 

Here you go. This the best that I could do, putting a 54 practice over a 56 road. Not sure if practice/warm up run smaller, but they're from the same year...

VsUdC1J.jpg

Edited by Gewargis

I’ll snap some pics in a few. I have two Adidas gamers. Same jersey. One 54, one 56. There really isn’t much difference from what I remember. 

33 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I’ll snap some pics in a few. I have two Adidas gamers. Same jersey. One 54, one 56. There really isn’t much difference from what I remember. 

That’s more along the lines of what I thought. I know one of our members who said he can wear an Edge 54-58+ and there’s not that big of a difference because he’s tall. 

As I thought, almost no difference.  Now, the 56 was worn in 20 games and the 54 was worn in one, so there might be a little bit of shrinkage (TWSS) but it couldn't have been that much.

IMG_8643-Edited

IMG_8644-Edited

IMG_8645-Edited

IMG_8646-Edited

Based on that, I think if you wanted a 54 but had to get a 56, it’d be fine.

I actually dislike my Adidas a lot, the cut is very weird and I can’t even imagine wearing pads under one (though the pads were larger whenI played). 

But, it exists, so it needs to be in the collection. 

8 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I don’t really like the Adidas jerseys either. They feel very cheap in comparison to my CCMs and Edge 2.0s. 

Exactly. Honestly, I wasn’t an Edge fan either, I prefer the older stuff, but I have a new appreciation for them since I got the Adidas. 

I had sworn off Edge, now I’ve added two more and will soon add another. 

Am I the only one who's put off by the fact that the Blues wear white top-layer numbers on their blue jerseys now? It's so weird looking. I love the style of the jersey now (sans that stupid curved stripe) but I can't get past those white numbers.

52 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Exactly. Honestly, I wasn’t an Edge fan either, I prefer the older stuff, but I have a new appreciation for them since I got the Adidas. 

I had sworn off Edge, now I’ve added two more and will soon add another. 

I’m right there with ya. I wasn’t a huge fan of the Edges either, but I really like them now. I think it’s the Air-Knit. It’s just such a quality material. Second only to Ultrafil. 

5 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I’m right there with ya. I wasn’t a huge fan of the Edges either, but I really like them now. I think it’s the Air-Knit. It’s just such a quality material. Second only to Ultrafil. 

how is the breathability of Ultrafil? did the players sweat like crazy in them?

I actually wear an indo USA WCOH to play pickup in and like the underarm vents. They really make a difference in terms of breathability. Prefer TI 3.0 practice jerseys from a fit perspective, but they do run noticeably warmer

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I actually dislike my Adidas a lot, the cut is very weird and I can’t even imagine wearing pads under one (though the pads were larger whenI played).

I love ultrafil, but could not imagine playing in that material; it's thick, heavy, and warm. The opposite of what you'd want after you start sweating. Those jerseys had to be so heavy after soaking up a game's worth of sweat.

9 hours ago, tomtucker said:

how is the breathability of Ultrafil? did the players sweat like crazy in them?

31 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I actually wear an indo USA WCOH to play pickup in and like the underarm vents. They really make a difference in terms of breathability. Prefer TI 3.0 practice jerseys from a fit perspective, but they do run noticeably warmer

I love ultrafil, but could not imagine playing in that material; it's thick, heavy, and warm. The opposite of what you'd want after you start sweating. Those jerseys had to be so heavy after soaking up a game's worth of sweat.

yikes..... buying gameworns back then must have sucked,  and those were not washed, were they?  

Are they even washed in this day and age, before people can buy them?

Edited by tomtucker

I always played in Ultrafil jerseys when I was younger, and I never had any problem with it. I think back in the day, players were less concerned about stuff like that. I can’t imagine guys like Scott Stevens or Bob Probert crying because their jersey was too heavy.