It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I always played in Ultrafil jerseys when I was younger, and I never had any problem with it. I think back in the day, players were less concerned about stuff like that. I can’t imagine guys like Scott Stevens or Bob Probert crying because their jersey was too heavy. 

maybe they were doing it after the game, when everyone else had left.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

yikes..... buying gameworns back then must have sucked,  and those were not washed, were they?  

Are they even washed in this day and age, before people can buy them?

Jerseys are typically washed (and probably heat-dried, as well) after every game.  The only unwashed GW jerseys I've received have been from one-off specialty games.  And they STUNK.  So I just washed them like I would do any other authentic.

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Jerseys are typically washed (and probably heat-dried, as well) after every game.  The only unwashed GW jerseys I've received have been from one-off specialty games.  And they STUNK.  So I just washed them like I would do any other authentic.

I've said it before, while many of you would think winning a "jersey off their back" was like winning the lottery, to me it would be my worst nightmare come to life. GROSS. 

Guest Dr_Puck
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I've said it before, while many of you would think winning a "jersey off their back" was like winning the lottery, to me it would be my worst nightmare come to life. GROSS. 

I left one 'off their back jersey' in the trunk of my poor Nissan Versa over night and my car was never the same. Now when I show up for end-of-game auctions on those jerseys, I show up wearing a full chemical suit and respirator. Also leave the windows open on the way home. 

13 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I left one 'off their back jersey' in the trunk of my poor Nissan Versa over night and my car was never the same. Now when I show up for end-of-game auctions on those jerseys, I show up wearing a full chemical suit and respirator. Also leave the windows open on the way home. 

I would have been desperately searching the arena for a spare shopping bag.

Even better, bring an oversize ziplock like a lot of us use for shipping jerseys. Seal it up and keep the funk inside until you can get it home. 

I would throw it straight in the wash, but I know a lot of you game worn guys won't do that. 

On 10/15/2018 at 1:39 PM, mfitz804 said:

Nothing wrong with that. If one were to look through my jersey collection at present, I believe there's a grand total of one guy who is still playing (Taylor Hall), although I have 2 more at EPS getting Hall'ed at the moment. 

EDIT: Forgot my MIC Adidas Hischier also. 

Vintage is better. The older I get, the more I tell myself that lol. 

I was thinking about this and it's the same for me, only a handful of my jerseys are of players that are still playing.  I agree vintage is better.  I think it's because I've had time for it to sink in how great some retired players actually were. 

For instance, I did not like Lidstrom, Sakic or Niedermayer, but I am very happy to now own one of each of there jerseys.  It might help that the jerseys are ultrafil, but I also am now a bigger fan of them looking back at all their accomplishments than I was when they were picking apart my favorite team.  I'll probably end up wanting more edge jerseys 10-15 years from now when todays greats have their place in history.

Edited by JJM4

26 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

For instance, I did not like Lidstrom, Sakic or Niedermayer, but I am very happy to now own one of each of there jerseys. 

Should probably move that Lidstrom on to an actual fan then mate. I selflessly volunteer to become it's new caretaker.

2 minutes ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Should probably move that Lidstrom on to an actual fan then mate. I selflessly volunteer to become it's new caretaker.

LOL.  I appreciate the selfless gesture!  I'm now a fan of his though (since he's no longer a Stars killer) so I'll save you the trouble. Lidstrom I was more neutral on, Sakic I've had to come a long way to be a fan of his these days, but I'm there. I just want this Heiskanen kid in Dallas to follow in Niklas' footsteps.

Just now, JJM4 said:

I just want this Heiskanen kid in Dallas to follow in Niklas' footsteps.

Heiskanen is so, so good. Stars got themselves a keeper there.

1 minute ago, JJM4 said:

LOL.  I appreciate the selfless gesture!  I'm now a fan of his though (since he's no longer a Stars killer) so I'll save you the trouble. Lidstrom I was more neutral on

He's retired anyway, jersey devaluing everyday........do the right thing.

1 minute ago, redwingsdownunder said:

He's retired anyway, jersey devaluing everyday........do the right thing.

I agree. You don't want the thing, I'm telling you it's so boring it just says Detroit on the front, no logo or anything.  Pretty meh really

I'm extremely excited to add this jersey to my collection. Kevin Dineen was one of my favorite original Jackets along with Sanderson, Vyborny and Knutsen.

Inaugural Season Set 1 game worn Kevin Dineen Jersey. This jersey was worn in the first every Blue Jackets game and features good over all wear, hemmed cuffs and modified fight strap.

Dineen%202000-2001%20Game%20Worn%20Jerse
Dineen%202000-2001%20Game%20Worn%20Jerse
i-xvPdJ3n-X2.jpg

Looks like they added an extra snap and maybe stitched more Velcro to the other side so you could tie the jersey down closer to the player’s body.  Would be harder to pull the jersey over the player’s head in a fight, or at least that’s what I would think was the purpose of all this.

Edited by LAK74

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Looks like they added an extra snap and maybe stitched more Velcro to the other side so you could tie the jersey down closer to the player’s body.  Would be harder to pull the jersey over the player’s head in a fight, or at least that’s what I would think was the purpose of all this.

You got it. 

Great player choice, looks great!

So I've been out of the jersey game for a while.  The MIC's are pretty much only available if you get the game worn jerseys now?  

7 minutes ago, Prowl said:

So I've been out of the jersey game for a while.  The MIC's are pretty much only available if you get the game worn jerseys now?  

Mostly correct. Some people have connections which they cannot divulge that have given them access to TIs.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:11 PM, Prowl said:

Just keep a close eye out there. Certain teams pop up from time to time. 

23 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

That's a sick Mac jersey... Who did the custom job? 

Customization by Pacific Coast Cresting, otherwise known as Hockey Authentic on eBay. He’s local to me, so I take most of my jerseys to him for customization.

Oooh you read my mind. I have that exact same jersey in the works as we speak. What a beautiful style with a great addition of a Montreal legend.