It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

9 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Nice! Slowly but surely getting into the GW business, I see. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4624104

Adidas hasn’t made staying out of it very easy. Thus far it’s just bench worn and this warmup. But I’m circling the perimeter, I guess. 

I thought of stripping it to make it into a better player, but as dopey as he consistently was, there was something endearing about Keith. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Adidas hasn’t made staying out of it very easy. Thus far it’s just bench worn and this warmup. But I’m circling the perimeter, I guess. 

I thought of stripping it to make it into a better player, but as dopey as he consistently was, there was something endearing about Keith. 

Don’t strip it you jerk. Keith is a local boy and plays in my beer league as a forward in the off season, hence why I still want a gamer of his...

... jerk. 

14 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Don’t strip it you jerk. Keith is a local boy and plays in my beer league as a forward in the off season, hence why I still want a gamer of his...

... jerk. 

I’m gonna keep it as is. Obviously I have to after such a ringing endorsement. 

Found a steal on eBay...

u22wsPA.jpg

2iEOEZm.jpg

Dirty namear (don't want Zednik anyway), signature on the front and the stain on the left sleeve. Didn't take much effort to clean it...

yWjzm6z.jpg

Some residue left on the back that will be covered by the new namebar (still deciding on the player and a patch en route). Other than that, it's like a brand new jersey that's never been customized!

Nice Crombeen @perthisthereason.  That looks like quite the fight strap contraption.

Edited by JJM4

10 hours ago, hatryk said:

My condolences 

I only played for one year because of kids league-parent-politics BS. To hell with them. 

Oh my Lord yes. With the double fight strap too. What an absolute stunner. Sandow durene I assume? Is the name genuine or restored? Not that it matters; I'm just curious because of how many of those got the recycling treatment. That era is my favorite Blues style of all-time. There's none better. I was never able to afford one when I still collected NHL stuff and it's one of a few regrets I have from this hobby.

2 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Oh my Lord yes. With the double fight strap too. What an absolute stunner. Sandow durene I assume? Is the name genuine or restored? Not that it matters; I'm just curious because of how many of those got the recycling treatment. That era is my favorite Blues style of all-time. There's none better. I was never able to afford one when I still collected NHL stuff and it's one of a few regrets I have from this hobby.

Yes, Sandow Durene. Not sure about the nameplate. As you said, the Blues recycled quite a lot of their jerseys during that era. However, I was told by the previous two owners that this would be the jersey Crombeen scored the double-overtime winner against the Pens during the 1982 playoffs. Looking at the YouTube video from that game, the nameplate placement does not seem to match 100%. Either way, it's a great jersey.

STL_CRO_10 (2).jpg

You're right. I just watched it and the spacing is a lot wider than this one which leads to it being restored. But so what? It's still gorgeous.

It's too bad you weren't around here when I still had all my Blues stuff. You would have loved them. I had a whole bunch. Tkachuk, Weight, Chaser, Gordie Roberts, Rick Zombo, Jocelyn Lemieux, Kevin Miller, etc.

13 hours ago, Van67 said:

That's actually who I was leaning towards so I can't give you full credit when it actually happens!

he was cool.

i had the home white CCM authentic size 56, when he was traded i threw out the jersey !  i was so disappointed with  the decision . 

I was very young and very stupid 😩🙄😡 ....... now i am only stupid

Edited by tomtucker

9 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

You're right. I just watched it and the spacing is a lot wider than this one which leads to it being restored. But so what? It's still gorgeous.

It's too bad you weren't around here when I still had all my Blues stuff. You would have loved them. I had a whole bunch. Tkachuk, Weight, Chaser, Gordie Roberts, Rick Zombo, Jocelyn Lemieux, Kevin Miller, etc.

Boy am I kicking myself for not buying that Lemieux from you. ☹️

Alexander Mogilny 1993 All Star 

Not sure which period this was worn in, ideally I would love it to be from for the 1st period as he scored a goal for the Wales Conference, but since wear is so light and the game video is low quality matching is tough. But still super pumped to add a gamer of one of my favourites. Also very happy that Alex decided to sign his jersey on the inside of the crest rather than on the front like a lot of other players.

DSCF1974 2DSCF1976 2

4 hours ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Alexander Mogilny 1993 All Star 

Not sure which period this was worn in, ideally I would love it to be from for the 1st period as he scored a goal for the Wales Conference, but since wear is so light and the game video is low quality matching is tough. But still super pumped to add a gamer of one of my favourites. Also very happy that Alex decided to sign his jersey on the inside of the crest rather than on the front like a lot of other players.

DSCF1974 2DSCF1976 2

Very nice, that was a classic all star style. Love it. 

Got these in today:

Sergei Brylin 1998-99 white set 1 game worn.  Killed with wear.

Brian Rafalski 2006-07 white set 2 game worn.  Light wear but matched it to repair/burn on shoulder.  Also has shortened sleeves.

Edited by Devilsguy

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

Got these in today:

Sergei Brylin 1998-99 white set 1 game worn.  Killed with wear.

Brian Rafalski 2006-07 white set 2 game worn.  Light wear but matched it to repair/burn on shoulder.  Also has shortened sleeves.

If you’re going to collect Devils jerseys of that era, those are two guys you need to have. Brylin was extremely underrated. Rafalski killed me when he went elsewhere. 

Another two excellent pickups!!