It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

7 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

54's already pushing it. I prefer 50/52. I have 54 and 56 in Adidas because there's not exactly a choice so....

I hear ya.  I prefer the 52s, but we take what we can get, haha.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome Stars jersey @BennGuin1491 can't decide which one I like best!

Anaheim Ducks George Parros GI.

Sold as game worn (Lelands), but no set tags and no wear.

20190503_124943

20190503_124951

18 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Awesome Stars jersey @BennGuin1491 can't decide which one I like best!

Thanks buddy!

yeah haha I think either Roope or hull is my favorite out of this bunch, only because I have nightmares of stripping those MIC's. Now to get Roope, Zucc and Miro on a MIC next. 

@BennGuin1491 were those stripped and re-done?

Here are my two latest pickups.

loIKvimm.jpg

FZW3OMym.jpgdWjfd5em.jpg

The Walker got very little use since he only played four games in the 11-12 season but it's got some clear markings on the front so it'll be easy to photomatch should I find the right photos.

Edited by TheKevinShow

9 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

@BennGuin1491 were those stripped and re-done?

All the Adidas were. Dallas wont sell team issued MIC blanks yet only gamers and player issued jerseys. I live close enough to their team customizer though so I just have him re do them after I strip them. 

17 hours ago, BennGuin1491 said:

All the Adidas were. Dallas wont sell team issued MIC blanks yet only gamers and player issued jerseys. I live close enough to their team customizer though so I just have him re do them after I strip them. 

Aww, I was hoping you'd found a source for the on-ice 25th anniversary patches.

Edited by TheKevinShow

2 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Aww, I was hoping you'd found a source for the on-ice 25th anniversary patches.

Yeah sorry man.. They did sell them in the team stores for a while by National Emblem but they have disappeared over time. Could try Blakes sport lettering, National Emblem or call The Hangar in Dallas the official team store. 
32832353767_6d272eba18_z.jpg

1 hour ago, BennGuin1491 said:

Thats the wrong one. The original patch is not sewn or embroidered, its like rubber. Called Chromaflex 

Gotcha. 

I HATE HATE HATE those stupid new patches. They're impossible to sew down. The needle can't get through the material. I don't know how the league does it.

5 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

I HATE HATE HATE those stupid new patches. They're impossible to sew down. The needle can't get through the material. I don't know how the league does it.

I would think just an adhesive on the back for a heat press. Perhaps it's sports leagues' new way of trying to make sure patches they sell never get applied to anything. The whole reason for the old hard plastic backing on embroidered patches was so sewing needles could not break through them. Douchebaggery. 

That said, although I appreciate a good classic embroidered patch, I don't mind the Chromaflex. They look sharp as long as you can put them on your jersey.

On 5/2/2019 at 12:47 PM, BennGuin1491 said:

My Stars load that I recently picked up. Blake's did all except the Hull, which he may have done for the previous owner. 

47744054761_ac56604128_z.jpg

I just have to say I always thought the Stars logo embroidered on the hem opposite the CCM/NHL Shield was one of the most underrated, and coolest features of an NHL jersey back in the CCM days. 

10 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

The thing I dislike about rubber patches is long term durability. Think the NHL shield or these types of patches will be flexible and not crack to pieces in 20-30 years? There’s no way they’ll age well compared to a traditional stitched patch 

16 hours ago, Zack845 said:

I just have to say I always thought the Stars logo embroidered on the hem opposite the CCM/NHL Shield was one of the most underrated, and coolest features of an NHL jersey back in the CCM days. 

I was just telling this to someone the other day lol. I love that the North Stars started this and that Dallas adopted it when they relocated. Pretty sure they were the only team to do something like this. 

13 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

The thing I dislike about rubber patches is long term durability. Think the NHL shield or these types of patches will be flexible and not crack to pieces in 20-30 years? There’s no way they’ll age well compared to a traditional stitched patch

I never thought of that and definitely right about traditional patches last longer. I don't see these deteriorating over time though, not like those old 80s Nordiques jerseys did. These patches don't seem cheaply made and are very hard to get off. Plus we live in a time where jersey collectors take great care of their collections. Time will certainly tell though! 

14 hours ago, Kingofkings said:

some new stuff from bobcat

47003185854_33d9b631c0_b.jpg

I know Bobcat does the correct customization, but the coolest thing about the 50th anniversary jerseys was the embossed pattern on the numbers. Seems like a waste to not have them added.

Still a great Kings set!!

30 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I know Bobcat does the correct customization, but the coolest thing about the 50th anniversary jerseys was the embossed pattern on the numbers. Seems like a waste to not have them added.

Pretty sure Bobcat said they would only do that for the team, correct?  Kind of SOL.  I don't know if anyone else can do that.

Both Keener and North Star Jerseys can do it.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Both Keener and North Star Jerseys can do it.

Correct. That's my understanding as well

17 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Thanks! True it was a toss up but I would rather have the most accurate font from bobcat. It was definitely a tough decision to make. 

Edited by Kingofkings

On 5/5/2019 at 10:06 AM, Brilliant! said:

Even the heavier-duty needles don't penetrate?

Have to say, I love those Dallas patches, but that does sound like a potential headache for application as well as future stripping off the patch.