It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

I tried getting the thickest gauge needle I could find and even lubed it up with Sewer's Aide. MLB uses them too now which pisses me off. I tried putting on a Player's Weekend patch onto a Yankees jersey and almost broke the needle in the machine.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont think the Stars' 25th patch is sewn.  

Edit: They aren't and neither is the NHL shield

Edited by NYIJM29

On 5/7/2019 at 9:27 PM, Kingofkings said:

Thanks! True it was a toss up but I would rather have the most accurate font from bobcat. It was definitely a tough decision to make. 

I'm kind of surprised that they still choose not to do it since that season has come and gone.

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

I'm kind of surprised that they still choose not to do it since that season has come and gone.

Maybe they don’t want to spend time on it. I mean, they take like 18 months to customize a jersey, now you want them to emboss the numbers?

Order the jersey now, your Estate receives delivery 5 years after your death. 

42 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe they don’t want to spend time on it. I mean, they take like 18 months to customize a jersey, now you want them to emboss the numbers?

lol it was in the contract with the league and reebok to my understanding that they wouldn't replicate that specific detail. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Am I seriously the only one who got an order back from Bobcat in a timely manner? I read all of the horror stories about them taking forever and sent off three jerseys to them anyway. I got them back five months later.

5 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Am I seriously the only one who got an order back from Bobcat in a timely manner? I read all of the horror stories about them taking forever and sent off three jerseys to them anyway. I got them back five months later.

I’ve never used them, I’ve just heard the horror stories. 

5 months isn’t bad I guess, slightly longer than EPS. To the extent that waiting 5 months to do a job that takes one day is “a timely manner”, your experience was not bad. 

12 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

I dont think the Stars' 25th patch is sewn.  

Edit: They aren't and neither is the NHL shield

That's not entirely true. I've had 5 or 6 MIC Adidas jerseys and the Winter Classic jerseys DID have the shield sewn down.

Just go to Keener in the first place - done right - done timely and priced right.  Unless it’s something he can’t do, why mess around?  

49 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

MONTHS????? Just go to Keener instead. 

41 minutes ago, kkash48 said:

Just go to Keener in the first place - done right - done timely and priced right.  Unless it’s something he can’t do, why mess around?  

Reason #1...why would I go to Keener rather than the team that did the official customizing? Most of what i do are Devils jerseys, so I go to the source. True, they no longer are, and there was a time in the past that they were not, but for the most part, I go to the source. 

Reason #2...why ship things to Canada and pay extra money to do so?

Reason #3...as discussed in other threads, I have e-mailed Keener about work and never received a response. That doesn't instill confidence, and I don't like to chase people down by phone. 

Reason #4...with all of the above considered, plus the fact that I already own plenty of jerseys, I don't NEED my jerseys back any faster than what EPS provides. 

Well, reason 2 is no longer an issue since Keener now has a US address that can be shipped to.

I agree with reason 1, though. I've used Keener before because I don't want to go through a customizer that is exceptionally hard to get a hold of and only takes money orders (Custom Crafted) but when possible I'd prefer to go to the direct source.

6 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

MONTHS????? Just go to Keener instead. 

6 hours ago, kkash48 said:

When it comes to Kings jerseys, nobody, not even Keener has the exact fonts, so if you want it exact, you need to go to Bobcat no matter how long it takes.  I’m certainly not happy about this, but I’ve been waiting almost 2 years for one of my jerseys to get done, and over a year on 4 others.

12 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

When it comes to Kings jerseys, nobody, not even Keener has the exact fonts, so if you want it exact, you need to go to Bobcat no matter how long it takes.  I’m certainly not happy about this, but I’ve been waiting almost 2 years for one of my jerseys to get done, and over a year on 4 others.

Two years??? How is that even possible? Are you sure they didn't lose it?

Here's some Friday night viewing for you, 4 jerseys I got back from Keener earlier this week.

Goldsworthy North Stars 75-76 remake size 56.  This would be his final season with the North Stars and the only season he wore the C.  His number is retired in the Minnesota/Dallas franchise. Added the Rawlings tag and swapped out a 2 lace fight strap to the period specific one pictured below.

33944332938_429c93b504_k.jpg

47821631761_920a15a108_k.jpg

47150319651_1f807e6262_k.jpg

Kariya Ducks 96-97 size 52. This would be the first year he got the C, and the only Nike ultrafil jersey in the history of the NHL.  Only 6 teams ever wore Nike jerseys but all of them wore the common Nike flo knit.  Only for 96-97 did the Ducks wear ultrafil, 97-99 was flo knit.

33944331528_990f6f783a_k.jpg

33944330438_ad96be9326_k.jpg

Palffy Pens 2005-06 size 52.  This would be his final season in the NHL.  It's a patched over Koho, which is what he actually wore that season.  Done with the proper kiss-cut customization. 

47769425992_86167434e4_k.jpg

47821634701_8189dfd54b_k.jpg

Casey Worcester Ice Cats 96-97 size 52.  He only played 4 games there that season, but they're such cool jerseys I'm happy to have both home and road in my collection. 

40855220343_2abecbd8d9_k.jpg

33944335778_c64cc2da17_k.jpg

Very nice attention to details too.  Well done!

17 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Two years??? How is that even possible? Are you sure they didn't lose it?

Lol, the thought had actually occurred to me.  Well, supposedly they’re very slow now, so hopefully this all-time record for waiting will end soon...

46 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Lol, the thought had actually occurred to me.  Well, supposedly they’re very slow now, so hopefully this all-time record for waiting will end soon...

Was it something especially complicated? I’m really not understanding at all. 

No, it’s just a plain old CBJ alternate.  I don’t get it either.

Just came a few minutes ago.  Perfect timing for the start of the 3rd round

Team issued Blues Heritage jersey

https://imgur.com/gallery/0EWGKXJ