Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/10/2019 at 7:57 PM, kkash48 said:

Amazing jerseys @JJM4!!!!   Oooooooo that North Stars!!!!!! :) 

Thank you.  Completes a mini set of four home white North Stars pre-CCM remakes since I'm not going to find or afford gamers.

16 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Nice pickups JJ! Some pretty unique stuff there!

Thanks, like usual Keener did a great job bringing this batch to life. 

1 hour ago, hatryk said:

NHL shop has ti jerseys?

i looked. I assumed adidas. Saw it was Reebok. 

Ahh that explains it. 

Had a blank indo-edge lying around and a loose kit lying around so got use out of both of them and put them together.  

46924233765_708271090d_b.jpg47788420312_a83ab0de5b_b.jpg

Always getting something new in the mail, but not sharing nearly as much as I should these days....that said, was going through my old patch stash, and after buying several Adidas hoodies at a great price, decided I'd dress them up, along with an older cottage hoodie that I recycled a Pens crest on.

2v2UiGs68xZ1VfS.jpg

Before -

2v2EkM8wzxZ1VfS.jpg

2v2EkM8A2xZ1VfS.jpg

#slightimprovement  #thatsrightIsew

On 5/10/2019 at 9:33 PM, JJM4 said:

Here's some Friday night viewing for you, 4 jerseys I got back from Keener earlier this week.

Goldsworthy North Stars 75-76 remake size 56.  This would be his final season with the North Stars and the only season he wore the C.  His number is retired in the Minnesota/Dallas franchise. Added the Rawlings tag and swapped out a 2 lace fight strap to the period specific one pictured below.

Kariya Ducks 96-97 size 52. This would be the first year he got the C, and the only Nike ultrafil jersey in the history of the NHL.  Only 6 teams ever wore Nike jerseys but all of them wore the common Nike flo knit.  Only for 96-97 did the Ducks wear ultrafil, 97-99 was flo knit.

Palffy Pens 2005-06 size 52.  This would be his final season in the NHL.  It's a patched over Koho, which is what he actually wore that season.  Done with the proper kiss-cut customization. 

Casey Worcester Ice Cats 96-97 size 52.  He only played 4 games there that season, but they're such cool jerseys I'm happy to have both home and road in my collection. 

JJM4, great pick ups (as usual) but that Goldsworthy, . Great attention to detail. A beauty!

3 hours ago, slimcutta said:

Always getting something new in the mail, but not sharing nearly as much as I should these days....that said, was going through my old patch stash, and after buying several Adidas hoodies at a great price, decided I'd dress them up, along with an older cottage hoodie that I recycled a Pens crest on.

Before -

2v2EkM8A2xZ1VfS.jpg

#slightimprovement  #thatsrightIsew

What HHOF patch is that on the middle hoodie?

29 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

Jeez, am I stripping a hoodie already, lol?

'02

I just like that you’re posting here like you’re one of the guys, like the old days, before you are a big famous book author.

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

For being such a supposedly (perhaps ... allegedly ... at least I have an actual doctorate) smart guy, I can be dumb as a bunch of rocks in certain moments. 

That’s what happens when you get a mail order PhD in seam ripping instead of getting it from FIT. 

8 hours ago, tbart said:

JJM4, great pick ups (as usual) but that Goldsworthy, . Great attention to detail. A beauty!

8 hours ago, slimcutta said:

The Goldsworthy is outstanding...best collars/cut of any jersey style, imho. Great job right thur!

Appreciate the feedback, thank you, it was a fun little project rounding up a couple of extra jersey 'parts' to complete the job properly.  Glad you guys like it!

Looks like I’ll be buying a hoodie now. This is a great idea! 

On 5/14/2019 at 12:44 PM, slimcutta said:

2v2EkM8A2xZ1VfS.jpg

16 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Looks like I’ll be buying a hoodie now. This is a great idea! 

It really is. How often have I had a patch without a home?

Literally every day for the last 5 years. 

Are you guys really just going to gloss over that Martin Gelinas jersey?? What a stunner! What year is it? No patches makes me think anywhere from 95-98.

Found a cool piece on eBay... Barys Astana (KHL)... seller said it was a "concept jersey" that the team rejected and he gave me a break on his initial asking price. Photos showed it was clearly an Edge 2.0 with team issued details. Sure enough, there's a prototype tag. I emailed the team to get more info on it, but no response (not surprised, it's the off-season). Does anyone have any info at all or know where I can source it? I'm thinking, fonts, etc. 

msLHl65.jpg

ksvl3Zm.jpg

ju4S5Kp.jpg

FyHjbZw.jpg9wLjYCa.jpg

Edited by Van67