It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

22 hours ago, Dunlap said:

Hah, this is a '06-'07 (Set 3/Playoffs). Guess there's a 1 in 3 chance it's the same one?

I can't remember..  set 1 I think

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, blurryhaze312 said:

Whammy. 😎

And now today and going forward, this:

48047019626_4cc0f313b0_b.jpg

12 hours ago, blurryhaze312 said:

For once I'm actually posting something on actual arrival day. Small, but important. 

100% pristine 1990 All Star patch. 

Nice.  I got one from Casey a few weeks ago.  Now I just have to strip my 1989-90 Gold Toe...

On 6/5/2019 at 4:53 PM, jsh139 said:

Thanks! That canes jersey is nice. Way overpriced though considering it’s a one-gamer. Willie’s jerseys have been creeping up in value lately. I’m glad I was able to snag the Flyers for a decent price. 

Thanks, man!

and here's yet another..  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Justin-Williams-Game-Worn-Kings-Hockey-Jersey/303175436549?hash=item4696aa0905:g:79cAAOSwznNc8-c1

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Nice.  I got one from Casey a few weeks ago.  Now I just have to strip my 1989-90 Gold Toe...

Just wondering, why do you need to strip it?

2 hours ago, brew said:

Yep, I was watching that one. I have a friend who's a huge Williams fan. I had fwded it to him :)

OK, thanks.  I thought it might have something to do with you thinking you had the wrong hem logo or crest, or something like that.  Except for the Captain’s C, the font doesn’t really look that off to me.  But I’d certainly understand why you might want it as perfect as possible now that you have a great patch to put on it.  😊

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

1989-90 Mario Lemieux (Back)

Is the CCM on the hem correct?
It looks off to me.
I know I have a "Gold Toe" and I don't recall the CCM looking dirrerent like that.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

OK, thanks.  I thought it might have something to do with you thinking you had the wrong hem logo or crest, or something like that.  Except for the Captain’s C, the font doesn’t really look that off to me.  But I’d certainly understand why you might want it as perfect as possible now that you have a great patch to put on it.  😊

Yeah, it's subtle but the tops of the 6s should be shorter.  The nameplate should also extend all the way across the back.  The crest and hem tagging are correct for second half of 1989-90.

GW example (can't find a road mario, but the font is the same):

img-1464-b_orig.jpg

Keener does a pretty good job of recreating them:

lemieux-b.png

9 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Is the CCM on the hem correct?
It looks off to me.
I know I have a "Gold Toe" and I don't recall the CCM looking dirrerent like that.

It's correct.  The first set they had small-blaok CCM and Century Sports logos and I don't think it had the All Star patch.  The second set had the big-block CCM with no NHL, and it had the patch.  At least this is according to Casey's Penguins Chronicles site.

First Set:

8990cullenrb_orig.jpg

Second set:

8990kachowskirb_orig.jpg

Edited by jsh139

29 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It's correct.  The first set they had small-blaok CCM and Century Sports logos and I don't think it had the All Star patch.  The second set had the big-block CCM with no NHL, and it had the patch.  At least this is according to Casey's Penguins Chronicles site.

Has anyone ever figured out when the 89/90 first set gold toes were actually used?  I’ve seen footage of that season as early as October 89, and they are already wearing jerseys with the big blocks (without NHL shield) and the All-Star patch, presumably from the 2nd set.  Were the first set ones used just in the preseason, or did they see any use in the first few games of the regular season?

5 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, it's subtle but the tops of the 6s should be shorter.  The nameplate should also extend all the way across the back.  The crest and hem tagging are correct for second half of 1989-90.

Ugh.  I had to do that to a couple of mine as well.  You're right - it is subtle.  Easy to miss, but then once you see it you can't un-see it.

I swear I'm not TRYING to make it this easy for you, Mfitz... (stealth mode....)

Edited by blurryhaze312

IMG_6440IMG_6441IMG_6448IMG_6452

Recent pickups from the Sharks end of season used equipment sale.  I hope to turn the road one into an Evander Kane and the home one into a Tomas Hertl.

Has anyone used Action Spot Sports before?  They are listed on this forum as the Sharks current team customizer.  Just wondering if they are the appropriate shop with which to send in my jerseys. Thanks!

That Giles is badass. I used to have a white Kevin Miller from the home set. Any peeling on the vinyl? I don't see any. That's a good sign as just about all the ones I had from that era had at least some flaking.

Seeing the Centennial patch on Blues stuff always reminds me of this:

27 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

That Giles is badass. I used to have a white Kevin Miller from the home set. Any peeling on the vinyl? I don't see any. That's a good sign as just about all the ones I had from that era had at least some flaking.

Some of the vinyl of the sleeve numbers has come a bit loose, but nothing major. Other than that no flaking or cracking, pretty happy about this.

Semi-related question, do you have any idea if (and how) this is fixable? 

57436.jpg

Didn’t think I’d ever land one of these... One of the 100 or so team issued prototypes used at the 2011 Gnash Vegas charity event and rumored to have been the planned away jersey before Nashville went gold that summer.

Now I have to decide if I want to keep it the ghost of Erat (practically a Forsberg jersey) or if I dare strip it and turn it into a Fisher...

940D438C-801F-4CD7-82B9-F559C4F47DE5.jpeg