It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rumor was that dark navy alt was going to become their home and this inverted one was going to be the away, then the all gold branding switch stopped that.

I’m wondering if our Winter Classic will stay gold or be more of a throwback to a prior design.

On 6/13/2019 at 10:21 PM, perthisthereason said:

Some of the vinyl of the sleeve numbers has come a bit loose, but nothing major. Other than that no flaking or cracking, pretty happy about this.

Semi-related question, do you have any idea if (and how) this is fixable? 

57436.jpg

On 6/13/2019 at 10:21 PM, perthisthereason said:

Some of the vinyl of the sleeve numbers has come a bit loose, but nothing major. Other than that no flaking or cracking, pretty happy about this.

Semi-related question, do you have any idea if (and how) this is fixable? 

57436.jpg

Put a sheet of parchment paper over the number and heat with either a heat press or an iron but I wouldn’t go above 320 degrees 

On 6/17/2019 at 2:35 PM, Dunlap said:

940D438C-801F-4CD7-82B9-F559C4F47DE5.jpeg

Love this style and the dark navy jerseys....better than the current Preds jerseys.

On 6/12/2019 at 3:28 PM, LAK74 said:

Has anyone ever figured out when the 89/90 first set gold toes were actually used?  I’ve seen footage of that season as early as October 89, and they are already wearing jerseys with the big blocks (without NHL shield) and the All-Star patch, presumably from the 2nd set.  Were the first set ones used just in the preseason, or did they see any use in the first few games of the regular season?

I have that information...

2017/18 Anže Kopitar home game worn jersey.  During this season, Kopitar racked up career highs in goals, assists and total points, won his 2nd Selke Trophy, and was a finalist for the Hart Trophy.

LAK  2017/18  Kopitar, Anže    H f  GWLAK  2017/18  Kopitar, Anže    H r  GWKopitar1

Photomatched to a large board burn on the right shoulder:

Kopitar2Kopitar3

Also photomatched to a board burn on the left shoulder seam, as well as thread stubs on the letters in Kopitar’s name:

Kopitar4Kopitar5

8 hours ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Nice Kopitar, was super tempted but the white Kovalchuk with the sale but with import fees just made it not doable. Probably not a bad thing....

Better that you saved your money, you’d only have to ship it to Russia for a few years until it came back and then someone else would buy it. 

Got this from The Dude today. Original 1992-93 cup patch. This will go nice with the fat-hemmed Flyers blank I got a couple weeks ago. 

1992-93 cup patch

So, update on the Lightning strip jersey and some recent pickups.

j5AlsUS.jpg

The Lightning jersey stripped mostly cleanly. There's some slight adhesive residue left over from the sleeve numbers and the outlines from all of the stitch lines are still visible, but those should clean up with a little bit of work. Also, I was able to pull the A off mostly cleanly. Once I got the corner up, it took a little bit of force but it came off. There's more adhesive residue left there but that'll come out too.

JpuanvP.jpg

This is a couple sizes smaller than my preferred size to wear (I prefer an Edge 56/6100 52 and this is a 48) but it still fits me fine so it works. No idea who's going on it, but CSL will be getting my SCF trio before they do this one.

pi0pJHv.jpg

To accompany the GW orange Flyers I picked up, I got a TI white. This will probably be a 16-17 three patch but I'm not sure who's going on it.

DCzs53S.jpg

And this is now one of the crown jewels of my collection. It's absolutely amazing to compare it to Reebok/Adidas jerseys (and even the 2006 Nike USA I have) to see how different it is. The nameplate (presumably Howard because of the number) was previously removed and the evidence of it being removed is somewhat apparent, which makes me nervous about stripping off the numbers. The good news is that I want to have it done as a Steve Cash jersey (since it's a 58G and he was in goal when the US won gold at the 2014 Paralympics) and he wore 34. I'm pretty sure that EPS did the customization for this one so I could either strip off the 5s and have them add 4s in their places or just strip the whole thing and have them re-do it. I'll figure that out later.

Nice Marlies, alway liked that jersey. A couple patches makes it even better!

My EPS sale jerseys:

This one came out good, faint residue from the prior numbers which isn’t bad considering they were absolutely cemented down. 

48120607253_bfb093a78c_b.jpg

48120667347_21514beda0_b.jpg

This one is perfect because PX usually attaches their customization by using static electricity only. 

48120577061_6ed19263e7_b.jpg

48120577056_b89f508d9e_b.jpg

Pat for the course with EPS, I’m afraid. That’s why May/June is a great time to send stuff, too hot to wear them now anyway and they’ll be back in time for the season. If by chance it is cool enough, I’ve got plenty in my closet to wear in the interim. 

21 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Calder cup finals MVP.

Interesting to see the AHL/CCM patch ABOVE the lower stripes on the rear hem. They're normally on the very bottom

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

That vintage devils is sweet. 

Two months for two jerseys though? My six are nowhere near done 

What did you send them? 

5 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Six baseball. All current (oldest was worn in 2007)

Current only matters if its their team regularly, otherwise its all the same to them. 

How long are you waiting? 

Only two months (sent last day of sale). 

In 2017 I was three months on current stuff. So with six, I am fully expecting like September 

Just now, Phil the Thrill said:

Only two months (sent last day of sale). 

In 2017 I was three months on current stuff. So with six, I am fully expecting like September 

Same as me (mine were two "current" but non-EPS team). 

The absolute longest I ever waited was 15 weeks, which would put you toward the end of August. But I suspect you'll be hearing from them shortly. 

I hope so, anyway, because I have another order sent in a week and a half after the sale that contains my daughter's new jersey, and I don't want to have to hear about it if the season starts and I haven't gotten it yet. 

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Same as me (mine were two "current" but non-EPS team). 

The absolute longest I ever waited was 15 weeks, which would put you toward the end of August. But I suspect you'll be hearing from them shortly. 

I hope so, anyway, because I have another order sent in a week and a half after the sale that contains my daughter's new jersey, and I don't want to have to hear about it if the season starts and I haven't gotten it yet. 

Ive been waiting 20 weeks for 2 jerseys that arrived in early February. 1 college football and 1 MLB. In the past my typical turnaround time has been 12 weeks.

😐

56 minutes ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

Ive been waiting 20 weeks for 2 jerseys that arrived in early February. 1 college football and 1 MLB. In the past my typical turnaround time has been 12 weeks.

😐

I wonder if sports other than hockey take them longer. I only send them hockey stuff. 

Can't see why that would make a difference, but given that your order and Phil's order both contain non-hockey stuff, its an avenue of inquiry.