Glad to see I'm not the only one who's been going crazy in the off season 😎

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/9/2019 at 5:00 PM, spudrock512 said:

I can finally cross this one off the want list (Big thanks to Biscuit In The Basket):

No problem, glad to help you out in your search. That Graham is sweet!

Edited by Biscuit In The Basket

17 minutes ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

Just got these in. I didn't have a single 6100 'Hawks so these were a must have.

014.JPG

And...you still don’t have a single 6100...

16 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

I can finally cross this one off the want list 

dude, helluva mail day! All great jerseys 

Congratulations on your first of likely many!  Nice looking jersey. 👍

Thanks!  I always love it when you get an eBay jersey and the person who sold/sent it decided not to properly wash it first.  You'd think you'd want to present yourself in the best light possible!  I think that's why you can sometimes find deals on eBay is because a little smudge here or there scares bidders away.  

I prefer they don't wash something I buy oneBay.

As you mentioned, I can get it a little cheaper, possibly contact the seller if it's really bad and try for some sort of refund for cleaning if something isn't mentioned.

I bought a Flyers jersey that was yellow from hanging in someones smoke filled man cave, like REALLY bad. It wasn't visible in the sellers pics. I was able to clean it and the seller refunded a few bucks.

That, and if they don't know how to propperly clean it or they throw it in the dryer it just adds to the potential problems.

50 minutes ago, jsd1996475 said:

Thanks!  I always love it when you get an eBay jersey and the person who sold/sent it decided not to properly wash it first.  You'd think you'd want to present yourself in the best light possible!  I think that's why you can sometimes find deals on eBay is because a little smudge here or there scares bidders away.  

As long as we aren’t talking game worn, where each mark is important to the owner, I never understand this. 

Item description says “there’s a stain”. I ask “have you tried to wash it”, seller says “no” or “I was afraid to”. Then I get it and the stain comes right out in the wash. 

Common sense says wash it. Like I have said in other threads, you can wash jerseys because they are made of clothes. Not to mention, that’s just gross. If you are selling a used garment, it should be clean. 

The whole concept that you can’t or shouldn’t wash a jersey still permeates this hobby. 

14 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I prefer they don't wash something I buy oneBay.

As you mentioned, I can get it a little cheaper, possibly contact the seller if it's really bad and try for some sort of refund for cleaning if something isn't mentioned.

I bought a Flyers jersey that was yellow from hanging in someones smoke filled man cave, like REALLY bad. It wasn't visible in the sellers pics. I was able to clean it and the seller refunded a few bucks.

That, and if they don't know how to propperly clean it or they throw it in the dryer it just adds to the potential problems.

Thankfully with this one, it just had surface stains like it was splashed with a little bit of mud, didn't even bleed all the way through, so just a little stain remover and it was out.

Sometimes I get bored and bid on stuff on eBay. This is one of those. Never had a ProPlayer practice jersey before, this one has the same material and sizing as the game jerseys, although the material feels to be a bit lighter in weight. In any event, it’s green so it’s worth a fortune as we all know, even though it’s not Jofa. 

48258256121_b9491d5b7b_b.jpg

On 7/1/2019 at 6:46 PM, LAK74 said:

That’s a really nice one!  Best jersey they ever wore, AINEC.

On 7/9/2019 at 4:45 PM, jsh139 said:

It’s definitely Arthur Inwardly Never Expects Cheese.  

**except on race day**

2v2ECEpVrxZ1VfS.jpg

On 7/9/2019 at 5:00 PM, spudrock512 said:

I can finally cross this one off the want list (Big thanks to Biscuit In The Basket):

1987-88 Jimmy Carson Los Angeles Kings Away Jersey Size 50 - Rare 1/2 season air-knit style

I think we're both happy you pulled the trigger on that one :):):) 

Just received a TI MiC Arvidsson from MeiGray, so of course I have to compare it to the IndoZero. Was incredibly surprised to see that the Indo 50 was taller than the MiC 54. The MiC fits so much better and I totally lucked out in getting the player I would want on a MiC instead of having to grab someone for maybe $100 less, then strip it and send it in and basically pay the same thing in the long run.

Arvis3.jpg

3 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

He's so fun to watch play, eh?

What I find fun about this TI is that it's his Set 3 from '18-'19...so because he was hurt for so much of last season he only wore 2 of the 3 jerseys prepped for him and he still set the single season goal record for the Preds.

Got some more blanks done up. Shoutout to TMLFAN for doing these.

Auston Matthews 100th Anniversary rookie jersey

48268106402_da5423e28a.jpg 48268028511_a5e0f22077.jpg

Freddy Andersen Centennial Classic Goalie Cut

48268028971_f8a320bef6.jpg 48268028656_26a3f53ab0.jpg

Kiprusoff Alternate Goalie Cut

48268105217_f813548654.jpg 48268028046_dbdeb05984.jpg

Fleury Alternate Goalie Cut

48268105332_1ae9a1b3b9.jpg 48268150497_9a697ec999.jpg 

Crosby Stadium Series '17

48268105422_15d595e6a5.jpg 48268028426_e225f8431a.jpg

On 6/24/2019 at 4:19 PM, Phil the Thrill said:

I’ve always thought baseball is pretty routine for them, especially the current stuff. Maybe its the college football that they are putting off. 

If your timeline ends up being similar to mine, I’m not expecting until Christmas then. 

Finally received the email from EPS this week. Ended up being around a 23 week turnaround. Turns out it was the college football jersey that was the holdup. 

Chicago Blackhawks Dustin Byfuglien Veterans Day 2009 (very likely warm-up worn) jersey. Jersey was sold without a COA, but it is signed (which is usual for worn/issued Hawks camo jerseys) and the size is correct.

20190720_143040

20190720_143205

Philadelphia Eagles Carson Wentz Nike Vapor Elite jersey. Love the concept of the jersey, although a more tight fit would be better.

20190720_143335

20190720_143346

Love the Wentz jersey 👍 I have yet to pickup a Nike Elite NFL jersey. I have a bunch of Reeboks. I’ve heard the Nikes run smaller, but I’ve yet to even try one on to confirm that. 

11 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Love the Wentz jersey 👍 I have yet to pickup a Nike Elite NFL jersey. I have a bunch of Reeboks. I’ve heard the Nikes run smaller, but I’ve yet to even try one on to confirm that. 

Thanks! And the Nike Elite jerseys are not as baggy as the Reebok jerseys. Btw, check out this video, in which an Eagles Elite jersey is compared with an Elite Vapor jersey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2mlXKwLUe0 

On 7/21/2019 at 3:50 AM, amonte78 said:

Thanks! And the Nike Elite jerseys are not as baggy as the Reebok jerseys. Btw, check out this video, in which an Eagles Elite jersey is compared with an Elite Vapor jersey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2mlXKwLUe0 

Thanks!!