• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

Second is a rare one

92-93 Hamilton Canucks

I literally just sold his 93-94 Hamilton Canucks away jersey about 2 weeks ago...such a waste of a 1st round draft pick!

Wow, that is rare.  That jersey was only worn one year.  The Hamilton Canucks lasted two seasons before moving to Syracuse to become the Crunch.  They only wore "Hamilton" Canucks jerseys their first season, and then wore the regular Vancouver Canucks jerseys the second season. 

And then during two preseason games, the Crunch wore Vancouver Canucks uniforms before debuting their regular uniforms on opening night.

2 hours ago, jsd1996475 said:

Wow, that is rare.  That jersey was only worn one year.  The Hamilton Canucks lasted two seasons before moving to Syracuse to become the Crunch.  They only wore "Hamilton" Canucks jerseys their first season, and then wore the regular Vancouver Canucks jerseys the second season. 

And then during two preseason games, the Crunch wore Vancouver Canucks uniforms before debuting their regular uniforms on opening night.

Did not know that about the Crunch. Pretty interesting fact.

47 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

Did not know that about the Crunch. Pretty interesting fact.

I'm more interested in the fact that an AHL team wore the actual jerseys of their NHL affiliate? How stupid/cheap is that? They can't even have their own jerseys?

The Crunch did it because they didn't want to debut their uniforms in a preseason game.  The Hamilton Canucks did it because the ownership group was falling apart and nearly folded in the middle of their second season before Vancouver stepped in to prop the team up.  In fact they almost moved to Syracuse before the 1993-94 season, but Howard Dolgon's ownership group wasn't quite ready to take over the team.  

Stockton Heat did one game in a Flames jersey, no sign of AHL on there anywhere, not even the Cali and US flags instead of Alberta and Canada

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

5 minutes ago, jsd1996475 said:

The Crunch did it because they didn't want to debut their uniforms in a preseason game.  The Hamilton Canucks did it because the ownership group was falling apart and nearly folded in the middle of their second season before Vancouver stepped in to prop the team up.  In fact they almost moved to Syracuse before the 1993-94 season, but Howard Dolgon's ownership group wasn't quite ready to take over the team.  

I can understand the preseason games. But if you’re gonna have a team, have a jersey. 

Nashville Predators Wade Belak 10/11 set 2 GI.

Was a bit surprised that it was a RBK 1.0 Edge jersey, but I don't mind because 1.0 > 2.0

20190821_191905

20190821_191955

Edited by amonte78

39 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Was a bit surprised that it was a RBK 1.0 Edge jersey, but I don't mind because 1.0 > 2.0

#ControversialOpinion

2 hours ago, amonte78 said:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

#ControversialOpinion

42 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

giphy.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by amonte78

If anyone wants to see pics of the Oilers team-issued Adidas jersey I just got, let me know. If not, I will be posting pics once I strip it and get Draisaitl on it.

I still like the Indo version I got, but this is higher quality for sure. Indo feels more like a Reebok 1.0 to me.

Eventually I will collect teams other than Oilers. But as I say, I don't mind Indo. I would only collect TI though if it wasn't for the fact they can be hard to find for other teams.

@StayFrosty I post blanks I'm pumped about. You don't have to ask to post pics, it's an open forum and a number of us are bored in the summer off season and just want to see or hear anything about jerseys.

If you want to show us a sweet Adidas MiC, go for it.

2 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

@StayFrosty I post blanks I'm pumped about. You don't have to ask to post pics, it's an open forum and a number of us are bored in the summer off season and just want to see or hear anything about jerseys.

If you want to show us a sweet Adidas MiC, go for it.

Agreed, we’ll basically look at anything right about now. 

Cool, thanks for your support. I just was being sort of lazy, and thought no one would be interested until I get the jersey crested with a good, relevant player!

This has so far cost me $320 CAD from the time of purchase, to when it got to me (customs fees).

IMG-0317.jpg
IMG-0318.jpg
IMG-0319.jpg
IMG-0320.jpg
IMG-0321.jpg
IMG-0322.jpg
IMG-0324.jpg
IMG-0325.jpg
IMG-0326.jpg
IMG-0327.jpg
IMG-0328.jpg
IMG-0329.jpg

On 8/23/2019 at 1:12 AM, StayFrosty said:

Cool, thanks for your support. I just was being sort of lazy, and thought no one would be interested until I get the jersey crested with a good, relevant player!

This has so far cost me $320 CAD from the time of purchase, to when it got to me (customs fees).

Are you doing the strip yourself? I have done two of these Oilers jerseys, both a white one and an orange one, and they were the two easiest strip jobs I have done to date. The perforated numbers basically just peeled right off after I ripped all the stitches, then a bit of Acetone to remove what little residue there was left behind, and after that I was golden.

3 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Are you doing the strip yourself? I have done two of these Oilers jerseys, both a white one and an orange one, and they were the two easiest strip jobs I have done to date. The perforated numbers basically just peeled right off after I ripped all the stitches, then a bit of Acetone to remove what little residue there was left behind, and after that I was golden.

Yep I'll strip myself. I've done like 3 or 4 in the past. Also I'll get it crested by Elite Sportswear. They always seem to remove any extra residue for you and also iron out any creases.

Nice score on the Oilers MiC!  Thanks for sharing.

The only Adidas MiC I have seen in person was an Oilers retro from last season with the 40th patch.  Just like KB67 was mentioning, it too was a super easy strip, I was even able to salvage the nameplate.  Good luck with the strip and re-custom.

And 320 CAD is a good amount to be into one, you've done well I'd say.

Edited by JJM4

Not sure, are a lot of you guys willing to collect Adidas Indo jerseys since the MIC jersey is so hard to come by?

Obviously, the Fanatics jersey is out. Total garbage from what I've heard. And the Reebok 2.0's were/are good, but I don't like the collar on them compared to Adidas, and I want what I collect from here on in to be current and modern.

For Oilers, my team, I also really like their current orange jerseys, more than any Reebok home jerseys they've had.

I won’t touch an indo with a ten foot pole. I was able to get my hands on a MIC Stadium Series and AreTnas, so I’m happy enough since the Leafs haven’t changed their style since the Reeboks. 

Ideally, going forward hopefully someone gets an in with Adidas like JB did with Reebok. But who knows how long that could take.