It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little international-flavored mail day today. This jersey is such a beauty, I'm in love haha.

y4uOBxn.jpgFuiV2Fu.jpg

QkANB1u.jpg

A Rui Ukita Game worn jersey from a bunch of exhibition games from years 2015-2018, the 2015 World Championship, the 2016 World Championship and also worn in the 2017 Asian Winter Games (photo above, the only photomatch I got) where Team Japan won gold. It's a size 54 W, which is a pretty nice fit for me. Fun fact: Ukita got suspended a game back in the 2018 Olympics for kicking someone. Pretty Corey Perry-esque.

Edited by TheDithyK
More info

3 hours ago, TheDithyK said:

A little international-flavored mail day today. This jersey is such a beauty, I'm in love haha.

A Rui Ukita Game worn jersey

Love the details on that one! Such a cool jersey. See, Nike CAN make decent international jerseys... 

1 hour ago, asherisloud said:

Brent Burns Sharks

Is that an.... Indo?! 

3 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Love the details on that one! Such a cool jersey. See, Nike CAN make decent international jerseys... 

Is that an.... Indo?! 

Yes. All 20 that I have bought in the past 2 weeks are. I have no interest in paying for gamers having them stripped then wait 8 months for someone to redo them. Indio is fine with me plus I met someone from the NHL over the summer who was staying at the hotel in my building who gave me a lifetime code for 60 percent off everything in the NHL store.  It’s been a mix of actual twill lettering and sublimated but I’m not paying full price so it doesn’t bother me.  

1 minute ago, asherisloud said:

lifetime code for 60 percent off everything in the NHL store

That is actually a pretty decent deal regardless of what I think of the stuff they are selling.

Not today, but recently: The two jerseys I bought off Keener. Very excited to have these, but I still wonder if there's any more to him selling off most of his collection.

48786485453_cf363c07bb_z.jpg

48786506438_0f50227467_z.jpg

I met someone from the NHL over the summer who was staying at the hotel in my building who gave me a lifetime code for 60 percent off everything in the NHL store.

no matter what happened at that hotel, this sounds strange and highly illegal..... 

and who has codes like that? and why would they even exist.

Edited by Devils4life

1 hour ago, Devils4life said:

I met someone from the NHL over the summer who was staying at the hotel in my building who gave me a lifetime code for 60 percent off everything in the NHL store.

no matter what happened at that hotel, this sounds strange and highly illegal..... 

I won’t believe it unless he shows me the code lol. 

2 hours ago, Devils4life said:

Yeah this doesn't pass my smell test either. Even if such a code does exist and he has it, whoever gave it to him could absolutely get fired for giving it away. I wouldn't say illegal, but for sure a blatant policy violation. I wonder if anyone working for the league reads these forums lol. 

Edited by Van67

18 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Yeah I can't get over how sick it is. Never thought I'd get the chance to own a Team Japan jersey, and now I've even got another one coming haha. I had to jump on it when I saw it was made by Nike since all the u-20 and u-18 Japan jerseys were made by Tackla, which I'm not as big of a fan of.

19 hours ago, Van67 said:

Yeah this doesn't pass my smell test either. Even if such a code does exist and he has it, whoever gave it to him could absolutely get fired for giving it away. I wouldn't say illegal, but for sure a blatant policy violation. I wonder if anyone working for the league reads these forums lol. 

True indeed

Oh, i know for a fact Gary Bettman read this forum.

I know it because i had to block him, he kept sexting me....  

Even though i was constantly saying: no expansion!!

Edited by Devils4life

There are definitely employee discount codes available. Usually they change every season.  It was most fun during the 17-18 season when a certain company used to let you stack coupons.  

1 hour ago, asherisloud said:

No smell test to pass and I don't have to prove anything.  I'll just keep posting pics of all the jerseys that keep arriving daily to me.  

No code for me, not real lol. 

I swear I'm trying to downsize, but sometimes you just can't help it...

TI DeBrincat

DSCF4305-vi.jpg

DSCF4309-vi.jpg

GW USA NTDP Trevor Janicke. Debating about stripping it, but I'm glad I finally have this style of jersey

DSCF4301-vi.jpg

DSCF4303-vi.jpg

GW Da Beauty League former Blackhawk Luc Snuggerud

DSCF4311-vi.jpg

DSCF4312-vi.jpg

and a little fun for beer league

DSCF4315-vi.jpg

DSCF4317-vi.jpg

Edited by mdwsta4

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

GW USA NTDP Trevor Janicke. Debating about stripping it, but I'm glad I finally have this style of jersey

So glad you didn’t have to get it from Vintage a-holes!  😄   Sweet.

2 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

TI DeBrincat

DSCF4305-vi.jpg

It's amazing how much I disliked this style until I was able to get one. 
Now I gotta find a Cat! 

Nice score 

15 hours ago, LAK74 said:

So glad you didn’t have to get it from Vintage a-holes!  😄   Sweet.

As am I. Granted, that was a USA vs NTDP jersey, but I'd much rather have an authentic over a replica

14 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

It's amazing how much I disliked this style until I was able to get one. 
Now I gotta find a Cat! 

Nice score 

Thank you! I have grown to like it as well. Not as much as Reebok, but it's still nice. Chances are I'll pick up the redesigned collar when they add another patch

Edited by mdwsta4

19 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Thank you! I have grown to like it as well. Not as much as Reebok, but it's still nice. Chances are I'll pick up the redesigned collar when they add another patch

I think the reason I like them is that they were so hard to get and expensive due to rarity.
I have 7 team issued Hawks and 1 Colorado so far which is perfect because I like my stuff crispy clean.   

Hoping that if I am ever hard pressed to move them I'll be able to break even.

Now, how to get my grubby mitts on the latest version B)

3 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I think the reason I like them is that they were so hard to get and expensive due to rarity.
I have 7 team issued Hawks and 1 Colorado so far which is perfect because I like my stuff crispy clean.   

Hoping that if I am ever hard pressed to move them I'll be able to break even.

Now, how to get my grubby mitts on the latest version B)

I was able to turn one of my MIC Hawks jerseys for a nice profit so I'm sure that won't be an issue. If anything, this collar will likely be harder to find in the future (like 2.0 vector reeboks) making it more rare and priced at a premium.

What I'm hoping for is my contact to get a black alt. I have a GI one from last year's WC I had planned to strip, but the adhesive holding down the felt is too strong so it's being left as-is. I'd really like to have a Kane or DeBrincat version of that jersey in my collection

6 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

What I'm hoping for is my contact to get a black alt. I have a GI one from last year's WC I had planned to strip, but the adhesive holding down the felt is too strong so it's being left as-is. I'd really like to have a Kane or DeBrincat version of that jersey in my collection

I need a contact! 
Who is on your WC? 
I have 2 white (one Kane, one Keith size 56 - the size they wear)
2 red (same) 
2 Black Alts (same) 
They set me back quite a bit but I don't regret it - at the time I was able to sell a bunch of lawn equipment I bought when I was cutting mom's grass.
Mom's downsizing to a condo was the windfall I needed! 

11 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Thank you! I have grown to like it as well. Not as much as Reebok, but it's still nice. 

agree. it is easier to like the aways than the homes, though. imo, anyway.

7 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

What I'm hoping for is my contact to get a black alt.

you and me both.... I need a pair of em still....