It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

I bought so many jerseys from River City Sports. I thought I was the only weirdo 
Most notably I got my green North Stars from them and a big block CCM Pens without the NHL shield that at the time had me thinking they were selling knock offs until I found this board. 

I think I still have a few of their mailers they sent out. 

Loved that place 

Fellow weirdo here. Totally bought from RCS ads out of Hockey News as a kid. Had an Isles fishsticks and original Preds from them that I remember. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's where my avatar jersey came from. It took almost 6 months to get that. They told me it was because Bauer thought that the team might fold and they stopped making their jerseys for a while. Barry Kemp then bought the team with all his money from "Coach" and other tv shows and moved them from the LA Sports Arena to Long Beach. I'm glad I have an authentic of both the home and road for the one year LA Ice Dogs. 

On 10/10/2019 at 10:04 AM, furiousd said:

FTFY

There were so many bad designs in that period.  So many...

I never said that that time period was perfect, but a lot of teams looked their best before the Edge switch. Case in point, the Stars and Flames in the 06-07 season because they'd both ditched their awful alternates. Their looks were ruined by the Edge switch.

15 hours ago, perthisthereason said:

Another great deal with @Biscuit In The Basket

48888424137_707b966c92_z.jpg

48887712688_bd892ee624_z.jpg

No problem. It was time to let it go and since you like the rare stuff it went to a good home. Enjoy!

Surprise Sunday delivery from Canada Post. Box from Keener...

eVhhDUq.jpg

x2ZCbUk.jpg

IbaFPyw.jpg

bclwEPz.jpg

ym4PO6U.jpg

WzHhOR3.jpg

orOoLTT.jpg

V6egsb8.jpg

The Bure is a font correction. Somehow, Great Plains got the simple number font wrong back in my retail management days and they were who we used. 

While I am pleased with the overall work Keener did here,  I am disappointed with the Mogilny jersey. The fonts are fine, the kiss cut numbers are what they should be... except one detail that was explicitly discussed before sending, and clearly written on the form I included in the box. The main layer in he numbers is also sewn down on game jerseys, Keener staff said they would do it that way and they did not. Both my last two experiences with Keener had a detail discussed and missed. With them shut down now, I don't think I will even contact them to send it back just to have the main layers get a stitch-around. I will see if whoever I send jerseys to next can do that simple request for $5-10. 

1 minute ago, furiousd said:

Nice Canucks! Could you elaborate on that stitching difference? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

You can see the main layer is also sewn down despite the middle layer being kiss cut. 

3X5Q5ET.jpg

gtmYQXe.jpg

4 hours ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

No problem. It was time to let it go and since you like the rare stuff it went to a good home. Enjoy!

Fantastic jersey.  Is that the one that was on ebay just a week or so ago?

Looking at those Canucks skate jerseys just makes me want one. Great haul!

On 10/11/2019 at 6:52 PM, Nathan said:

That's not bland, that's just a contrived and transparent money grab.  The worst part of the Cavs' title in 2016 was that they won while wearing uniforms that looked like recycled high school warmups, and Raptors wearing garbage this year with their title.

The NBA's issue is that there is no consistency and no real way of doing things.  The NHL says that a team can wear one style of white jersey and one style of dark jersey during the entirety of the playoffs; the NBA would allow a team to wear five different styles in five NBA Finals games.  Nike leads them around by the nose, and this is what we get.

NBA and nike f***ing blows..... i hope nike does not do the same to baseball the coming years 

This came late last week. 94-95 Blank Kalamazoo Wings size 52.  Exact jersey of the North Stars/Stars just with the different logo.

48899824682_d76a3fb2d2_k.jpg

1 hour ago, asherisloud said:

I had this made in honor of the guy who wants to "shake me" every time I post an "alumni jersey" this is for you pal

th_81963_IMG_0436_122_900lo.jpg

th_81965_IMG_0435_122_1157lo.jpg

Are you gonna shake him, @thebiggoalie?

25 minutes ago, CYI3ERPUNK said:

The jersey?  Yea, I know.

Yes, the jersey. Definitely not what you said, that was accurate. 

Sorry in advance, as this is going to be a long one.

A sort of bittersweet mail day today with the first part of what is likely my last order from Keener.

1985-86 Adam Oates rookie jersey

48902521561_fbd5aeb8a3_z.jpg

48902724087_dc282d99ab_z.jpg

1987-88 Brendan Shanahan rookie jersey

48902011878_4696c9f1e4_z.jpg

48902743727_92c1cdbe3e_z.jpg

1991-92 Basil McRae

48902571776_ede5aa84f4_z.jpg

48902775117_f3d5ecc326_z.jpg

1992-93 Luc Robitaille playoff jersey

48902065948_b19aa2771c_z.jpg

48902796287_9235d62cac_z.jpg

1995-96 Link Gaetz

48902045713_2336b9c651_z.jpg

48902574081_c49059f3a5_z.jpg

17 hours ago, asherisloud said:

I had this made in honor of the guy who wants to "shake me" every time I post an "alumni jersey" this is for you pal

Didn't realize that was you on reddit freaking out because someone called you out on a foul. Stick to reddit with this garbage