• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Nice adds, even air knit on the Kings, Noice 

Thanks! Not a Kings fan, but this might actually be one of my favorites right now. Keener absolutely nailed it on this one.

I was going to say the same thing about the airknit, plus the details on the SCF patch assembly, and even the player name letters- for such a simple and common font, it’s extremely difficult to get any customizer to get it to look like that.  Well done.

4 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Didn't realize that was you on reddit freaking out because someone called you out on a foul. Stick to reddit with this garbage

LOL.  This coming from people who buy game jerseys and strip them.  I can buy what I want and customize what I want and I will share what I want.  I don't care what some person says on a reddit board or here.  At the end of the day who cares?  You want to call my jerseys garbage? That's your right.  It's also my right to buy what I want and share what I want and to ignore trolls like you.  Why don't you bash Hockey Authentic, Cool Hockey and ALL THE OTHER stores who make and sell Alumni jerseys? 

Edited by asherisloud

3 hours ago, asherisloud said:

LOL.  This coming from people who buy game jerseys and strip them.  I can buy what I want and customize what I want and I will share what I want.  I don't care what some person says on a reddit board or here.  At the end of the day who cares?  You want to call my jerseys garbage? That's your right.  It's also my right to buy what I want and share what I want and to ignore trolls like you.  Why don't you bash Hockey Authentic, Cool Hockey and ALL THE OTHER stores who make and sell Alumni jerseys? 

It's not the retail store that suck, it Adidas and there so call "authentic" jerseys that suck.  We get it that there is not much people can do about other than find actually game Issued MIC, but for most of those around these parts, we refuse to buy to junk that Adidas puts out.  But we also understand there are different levels of collecting; so more power to you, you get what you like.

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

It's not the retail store that suck, it Adidas and there so call "authentic" jerseys that suck.  We get it that there is not much people can do about other than find actually game Issued MIC, but for most of those around these parts, we refuse to buy to junk that Adidas puts out.  But we also understand there are different levels of collecting; so more power to you, you get what you like.

I swear some of you take this stuff too seriously.  Where is the fun?  I got out of vinyl record collecting for this very same thing.  You all hate this, and get down on people because you sit on your high chair and think you are better than everyone else.  You all cringe that people wash their jerseys.  You all cringe that most of us buy "authentic" yet those same people who cringe are striping game jerseys and destroying them and passing them off as something they are not.  Guess what? I wear all of them, and I wash them.  I sleep in them. I get past players on newer jerseys because I never had a chance to get one 20 years ago. SOMEONE CALL THE JERSEY FOUL POLICE!!!!

get a grip

Edited by asherisloud

5 minutes ago, asherisloud said:

I swear some of you take this stuff too seriously.  Where is the fun?  I got out of vinyl record collecting for this very same thing.  You all hate this, and get down on people because you sit on your high chair and think you are better than everyone else.  You all cringe that people wash their jerseys.  You all cringe that most of us buy "authentic" yet those same people who cringe are striping game jerseys and destroying them and passing them off as something they are not.  Guess what? I wear all of them, and I wash them.  I sleep in them. I get past players on newer jerseys because I never had a chance to get one 20 years ago. SOMEONE CALL THE JERSEY FOUL POLICE!!!!

get a grip

I wear them by themselves. COMPLETELY by themselves. 

Edited by mfitz804

25 minutes ago, asherisloud said:

get a grip

I think most of us collect our favourite teams and players and look to find some rare awesome jerseys. It's a very personal endeavour with no borders. I think a lot of the fun for many members here is likely the thrill of the hunt, meeting other great collectors with similar tastes and interest, and ultimately making the purchase.  You on the otherhand seem to like to just hit NHL shop and buy up anything you can think of, wash, rinse, repeat.  To me that takes the fun out of the hobby, but to you, you must enjoy buying.  To each their own though, you're free to collect whatever you want in any fashion you want.  That said no one is looking down at you because you purchase Indozeros, but I'll also guarentee NO ONE is jealous of your purchasing frenzy like you eluded to recently.  Happy collecting!

Edited by JJM4

1 hour ago, asherisloud said:

get a grip

I have quite a bit of fun searching haystacks for actual authentic jerseys I have in my collection, so I can have Bure, Odjick and Mogilny jerseys, and be accurate to era. I didn't get them 20 years ago, I got them recently. I also have stripped a game worn or two for re-customization because MIC Adidas jerseys are not sold at retail. What I have not done, and I do not see anyone here doing, is stripping game worns and passing them off as something they are not. The only time stripping a game worn jersey is bad (and by bad, I mean beyond a personal preference to not do so), is if you are being a fraudulent pr!ck, leaving the game worn tagging on, and actually passing it off as such. 

Edited by Van67

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I wear them by themselves. COMPLETELY by themselves. 

This makes me cringe. 
How many jerseys have we exchanged? 
Now I need to shower with bleach 😭

3 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

This makes me cringe. 
How many jerseys have we exchanged? 
Now I need to shower with bleach 😭

And, I roll around before I ship them out. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And, I roll around before I ship them out. 

NoooooOOOOooooo! 
You may not want to mention this in your FS thread. 

7 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

NoooooOOOOooooo! 
You may not want to mention this in your FS thread. 

Obviously not. I don’t want to crash the site when everyone PMs me at once. 

8 hours ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

No one would do that here as you don't have that type of fraudulent people but there is always someone out there who will. There's really no reason i can think of to not remove tagging other then risking damage to the jersey which is understandable. In that case, perhaps mark the fight strap (if it isn't already) that the jersey isn't game worn.  

Having seen the damage that some people can cause in stripping a jersey,  there are definitely people who have no business removing anything from a jersey. 

That said, at least as far as MeiGray goes,  the tags are well sewn but not really glued, so they can be removed with minimal issues. You just have to have the desire to do so and also have to remember to do so. 

I have a couple jerseys where the Meigray tags are coming unstitched.  Presumably from players tucking them into their pants or just generalized abrasion/wear.  So, yeah, they're pretty easy to remove.

On 10/13/2019 at 12:45 PM, Van67 said:

Surprise Sunday delivery from Canada Post. Box from Keener...

eVhhDUq.jpg

IbaFPyw.jpg

I hate to be a tool, hopefully it's just the camera,  but if the yellows on these two jerseys are the same, then one isn't quite correct..  the yellow on the 92/93 was an awful pale yellow compared to the gold of < 91/92 and post 93/94

20181219_161027.jpg

Edited by brew
picture change

25 minutes ago, brew said:

I hate to be a tool, hopefully it's just the camera,  but if the yellows on these two jerseys are the same, then one isn't quite correct..  the yellow on the 92/93 was an awful pale yellow compared to the gold of < 91/92 and post 93/94

20181219_161027.jpg

The right one looks more pale to me. However I am colorblind, so I am probably not the best judge. Although yellows usually are not my problem.

2 hours ago, brew said:

If you look at the carpet I lay my jerseys on for photos, it's obviously the camera... probably decided to use a flash for one.

Edited by Van67

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

The right one looks more pale to me. However I am colorblind, so I am probably not the best judge. Although yellows usually are not my problem.

I think he’s trying to say that they are supposed to be different shades of yellow, because they varied between seasons.

42 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I think he’s trying to say that they are supposed to be different shades of yellow, because they varied between seasons.

I think so too. And I think they are. 

I've only ever known the colours on those jerseys to have changed from 91-92 to 92-93. I also have some difficulty in seeing slightly different shades of a lot of colours. I tend to assume a lot of what I see different on a computer is just a camera issue. If 94-95 was indeed different than 92-93, replacing the 25th patch with a 100th Cup patch is an easy switch (I've also only ever seen these skate jerseys post-91-92 in one set of colours, so can I really find a jersey for the 25th patch?). That said, in my personal collection right now I'm less worried about that, than I am discovering that again, Keener did Canucks letters too small on the D.Sedin nameplate. What should my expectation be when I send a good photo of D.Sedin's back in-game and ask that the photo be paid attention to for correct size? (I even sent a better pic of Henrik's name in-game... one letter difference can't throw them off in my opinion.) 

That's two nameplates I absolutely plan to replace. I think I'll be getting into the habit of having EPS do nameplates for me, because as long as I have proper measurements, they hit homeruns. Does anyone know anyone with a game-work from that Canucks vs Leafs game when the skate jersey made its cameo?

Edit: I'm also now thinking that the Mogilny name letters are a bit thin, but maybe that's just because I'm seeing red right now!

Edited by Van67