It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On a happier note with the Mogilny jersey, I'm not so upset anymore without that extra stitching around the inside edges of the numbers. It's not like it's inaccurate without it, and the kiss cut numbers as they are now look so clean. From what I understand, the reason for the extra stitching was issues with the material in the wash, and I'm not exactly washing my jerseys 40 times a season.

*awaits happy song*

Edited by Van67

15 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I think he’s trying to say that they are supposed to be different shades of yellow, because they varied between seasons.

13 hours ago, Van67 said:

I've only ever known the colours on those jerseys to have changed from 91-92 to 92-93. I also have some difficulty in seeing slightly different shades of a lot of colours. I tend to assume a lot of what I see different on a computer is just a camera issue. If 94-95 was indeed different than 92-93, replacing the 25th patch with a 100th Cup patch is an easy switch (I've also only ever seen these skate jerseys post-91-92 in one set of colours, so can I really find a jersey for the 25th patch?).

Exactly so, and the switch away from the pale yellow didn't quite go back to the original gold..  Here's a little cut & paste from gameworns from classic auctions, all patched so you know the years :)   Also, for nit-pickings sake, all Ultrafil knit, Canucks were one of the last teams to go to airknit

image.thumb.png.b6621175b9b897412a02454719a902b2.png

5 minutes ago, Carl said:

Those are nice, but I’m excited for the next wave of alumni jerseys that are going to get posted today. I wonder what is going to be released today?!?!?

Man, I love the 25th/75th anniversary jerseys from the first expansion teams.  I wonder if we'll be lusting after the 50th anniversary jerseys 20-some years from now.

1 hour ago, asherisloud said:

Steve Larmer Rangers Alumni Jersey

th_35799_IMG_0126_122_696lo.jpg

Even at 60% off, this guy buys a s***load of jerseys. 

46 minutes ago, DMadole said:

That's why he gets them at 60% off, they are all seconds/F'd up.  

F'd up? Larmer wore Adidas jerseys last year for appearances for the Cup anniversary.  ONCE AGAIN you worry about your collection, and I'll worry about mine.  I don't get why everyone calls me garbage and tells me I'm f'ed up.  This very store that these forums are on sell these jerseys too.  I'll tell you one thing, the way I have been treated on here has lost ice jerseys a very valuable customer.

th_45389_Untitled_122_1038lo.jpg

Edited by asherisloud

13 minutes ago, asherisloud said:

F'd up? Larmer wore Adidas jerseys last year for appearances for the Cup anniversary.  ONCE AGAIN you worry about your collection, and I'll worry about mine.  I don't get why everyone calls me garbage and tells me I'm f'ed up.  This very store that these forums are on sell these jerseys too.  I'll tell you one thing, the way I have been treated on here has lost ice jerseys a very valuable customer.

th_45389_Untitled_122_1038lo.jpg

Hi all,

I just messaged asher individually, and I would appreciate getting everyone on board - have discussions, debates, contradictory info, etc., but let's keep it fun/clean/civil, ok?

Asher, as I mentioned in my pm to you, icejerseys, the business/site, has nothing to do with the many clownfishes on here. For the most part it's a great group of collectors who want to share and indulge one another, but every few months (*cough* days *cough*) things can go off the rails.

It's the internet - take it for what it's actually worth, and if/when someone trolls or is disrespectful, kill 'em with kindness and knowledge and be the better man/woman.

This goes to everyone, please and thank you.

Yours truly,

Hypocrite Slim :D

ps - know that I love you all 
🥰

I literally just asked you all to play nice and then you post this...how is this helpful, exactly?

From a member who got into trouble already, so they just created another account thinking no one would notice...?

Seriously, why can't you all just be decent people to one another? Why do you always have to ruin it for everyone else, let alone new members?

- Slim

23 minutes ago, Devils4life said:

Hypocrite Slim....... did you read about the lifetime 60% off code.

that is either a lie or highly illegal, what you say about that? 

LOL I didn't get the alumni jerseys from NHL.com if you actually did research before you speak, you'd know that they don't allow past players on jerseys ordered from their website.  ENOUGH already.  Worry about yourself.

All I said was he buys a s***load of jerseys. I don’t think anyone can deny that.  Things seem to have escalated in my absence. 

8 hours ago, brew said:

Exactly so, and the switch away from the pale yellow didn't quite go back to the original gold..  Here's a little cut & paste from gameworns from classic auctions, all patched so you know the years :)   Also, for nit-pickings sake, all Ultrafil knit, Canucks were one of the last teams to go to airknit

image.thumb.png.b6621175b9b897412a02454719a902b2.png

I can see it, but the shades are so close (at least to my eyes) that I have to really focus to see it. Normally I'm fussy about this kind of thing, but I have two issues...

1. If (at least) a couple collectors did not know this, nobody else will have it come to mind seeing the jersey on me in my watering hole.

2. At first glance, I cannot find any Canucks jerseys in the 94-95 shade of yellow. Any tips? I am totally up to buying one (at a reasonable price) if I could find one, then do some patch movement. (Thankful Keener didn't cake any adhesive on the back of that 25th patch.)

Couple GIs/Gamers added to the collection recently. 

TQj0id8.jpgrXaV7vg.jpgeI223A8.jpgTrN2l1L.jpgA5wxoSi.jpge9FH26P.jpgAwd3VTD.jpgC4hEKwr.jpgyNgmEYh.jpg

The Heponiemi is GI for both 17/18 and 18/19, there's evidence of the NHL100 patch being removed. The Downing is also GI, I'm going to be removing the nameplate and replacing it with Makar. And the Alex Beaucage has so much wear for a one tournament jersey. I love that I was able to photomatch it. Very happy to add these to the collection.

1 hour ago, Van67 said:

I can see it, but the shades are so close (at least to my eyes) that I have to really focus to see it. Normally I'm fussy about this kind of thing, but I have two issues...

1. If (at least) a couple collectors did not know this, nobody else will have it come to mind seeing the jersey on me in my watering hole.

2. At first glance, I cannot find any Canucks jerseys in the 94-95 shade of yellow. Any tips? I am totally up to buying one (at a reasonable price) if I could find one, then do some patch movement. (Thankful Keener didn't cake any adhesive on the back of that 25th patch.)

The crest is more noticeable, IMO.

The red in the 94-95 is way more prominent.