It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

32 minutes ago, asherisloud said:

I got this Raman Hrabarenka Devils MIC Reebok jersey from Meigray for under 100 bucks.  No idea if it's game issued or not there's no tagging or anything in it but yeah...

th_12974_unnamed_122_1063lo.jpg

Periodically MeiGray lists these type of Devils jerseys with no LOA or tagging, they obviously got it from the team but like you said, who knows whether it was worn, etc. 

The trade-off is the price is usually lower, like you've experienced. 

Better than a bunch of sh!tty Rangers jerseys in my opinion. 😀

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like I missed quite a bit here lately lol.

Anyways here is my latest pickup:

Scott Stevens game used 2003-04 white preseason jersey.  Used by Stevens in 03-04 preseason the jersey has some nice wear including marks, board burns and paint transfers.  Due to the good amount of wear for a preseason, I am wondering if this was carried over for a game or two that year in the regular season.  Anyone have pics of Stevens in the 10/08/03 game vs Boston and 10/11/03 game vs Carolina please let me know!

Edited by Devilsguy

9 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Looks like I missed quite a bit here lately lol.

Anyways here is my latest pickup:

Scott Stevens game used 2003-04 white preseason jersey.  Used by Stevens in 03-04 preseason the jersey has some nice wear including marks, board burns and paint transfers.  Due to the good amount of wear for a preseason, I am wondering if this was carried over for a game or two that year in the regular season.  Anyone have pics of Stevens in the 10/08/03 game vs Boston and 10/11/03 game vs Carolina please let me know!

Now that's just awesome. Guy is absolutely top three Devils of all time, and was one of my personal favorites. And a hell of a nice guy, I can say, having met him back in the day. 

Congrats on another great pickup. 

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Now that's just awesome. Guy is absolutely top three Devils of all time, and was one of my personal favorites. And a hell of a nice guy, I can say, having met him back in the day. 

Congrats on another great pickup. 

Thanks!  Nice to add another retired number to the collection.

Regular season gamers of his are a bit out of my budget but figured this was a nice compromise for now lol.

17 hours ago, Van67 said:

I can see it, but the shades are so close (at least to my eyes) that I have to really focus to see it. Normally I'm fussy about this kind of thing, but I have two issues...

1. If (at least) a couple collectors did not know this, nobody else will have it come to mind seeing the jersey on me in my watering hole.

2. At first glance, I cannot find any Canucks jerseys in the 94-95 shade of yellow. Any tips? I am totally up to buying one (at a reasonable price) if I could find one, then do some patch movement. (Thankful Keener didn't cake any adhesive on the back of that 25th patch.)

It's really no big deal to anyone but the pickiest customizers, and yeah, if you can't really tell then I doubt anyone at the pub is going to either.

All that really matters, and this is important, is that someone find me a game worn Gelinas Canucks jersey..  ;)

Edited by brew

41 minutes ago, brew said:

It's really no big deal to anyone but the pickiest customizers, and yeah, if you can't really tell then I doubt anyone at the pub is going to either.

Yes, this is a level of picky that I'd be fine ignoring (but that I expect and appreciate on the board :) ).  FWIW, I swear some the white 25th patched gamer pics I looked at yesterday had the more yellow/lighter red look. 

6 hours ago, furiousd said:

Yes, this is a level of picky that I'd be fine ignoring (but that I expect and appreciate on the board :) ).  FWIW, I swear some the white 25th patched gamer pics I looked at yesterday had the more yellow/lighter red look. 

Then there's this... https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/94-95-glynn-game-issued-gi-worn-used-1929584845

Of course, camera issues aside, it looks like this jersey has a darker shade on the numbers than the yellow on the jersey itself. It might be possible that the Canucks used some older jerseys throughout the 94-95 season. It's not like uniform inconsistencies in those days never happened. Of course, it might not be a game issued jersey, but then again, who the hell would get Glynn customized on that jersey outside his immediate family? lol

That, and the yellow in the 25th patch (yes mine is original) is as bright as the brightest yellow the Canucks used. It looks f'ing great on the jersey I have it on. 😛

I usually am so picky that this would bother me, and I would switch it up if I could find the correct jersey (whoever said it is right, the logo is more noticeable), but it's not rubbing me anywhere near the wrong way as the incorrect size of some Canucks namebars I've had happen recently. 

Edited by Van67

7 hours ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

1987-88 Devils Sean Burke. Has stains, a few dark puck marks under the arms and scattered lighter ones, material pulls, piling in and out. Had a possible photo match but it's just not clear enough for my liking to be 100% spot on. Never thought i would own an 1987-88 Devils jersey.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that doesn’t look goalie cut. I guess not collecting gamers and not collecting from that era, it always amazes me how many goalies back then wore standard cuts.

The days before giant equipment, I guess.

In any event, it’s a great looking jersey. 

So, as per usual for me I'm a little behind on "Arrival Day" but this is because I've been putting in a lot of work on these, sewing down myself, and they've all kind of finished up at the same time.  At the same time, I kept stumbling on new things to buy and I kept not posting any updates.  🤷‍♂️

Not going to bother re-sharing all the things I've touched up, but I did go back and refresh a lot of my jerseys that had inaccuracies, most times resulting in complete strips/cleaning and putting down an entire new kit.  Beyond that, I've got a couple of big project jerseys that have taken a few years to bring to completion that will come in a different post.  Guess we'll start here with the modern stuff:

2017 Stadium Series (Edge 2.0):

2016-17_Stadium Series_01

2017 Cup Final Home/Away Set (Edge 2.0):

2016-17_Home Cup_012016-17_Away Cup_01

Complete with fight strap Final logo detail (I used Avery iron transfers for these):

2016-17_Cup Fight Straps_01

2018-19, 2019-20 Alternate (Indo):

2018-19_Alternate_01

2019 Stadium Series, Crosby (Indo):

2018-19_Stadium Series - Crosby_012018-19_Stadium Series - Crosby_02

"Stronger Than Hate" Patches that were sold to benefit Tree of Life Synagogue:

2018-2019_Stronger Than Hate

Edited by blurryhaze

Part Two, odds & ends...

1991 Cup Final Lemieux to complete my set (both 91 Cup patches that I have sewn down are what I assume to be replica, but are 99% accurate compared to authentics):

1990-91_Home - Lemieux Cup_011990-91_Home - Lemieux Cup_02

Was fortunate enough to land this from a board member a while ago; so pumped to find an authentic one (and unused, at that) that it will stay framed:

1990-1991_Cup Final

Put together these little displays:

20190613_154300

20190613_160313

Edited by blurryhaze

Part Three, Grand Finale:

These next three turned out great...still stunned that I found any of them, let alone all three...

The first two had kits and old sewn-on penguin crests & the CCM was purchased from a board member blank with the same situation.  I scanned in a photo of the logo and recreated it in Illustrator.  Finally found someone that could screen print them down.  Very fun project, and very satisfying to see through to completion.

1980-81 Sandow Away & Alternate (alternate is a little small, so it's the wife's...but still!):

1980-81_Away_011980-81_Alternate_01

1984-85 CCM that will be a Mario Rookie when I can get the chance to do it:

1984-85_Away_01

These next two are the most recent acquisitions...

1986-87 Home/Away Lemieux Cooper set:

1986-87_Home - Lemieux_011986-87_Home - Lemieux_021986-87_Away - Lemieux_011986-87_Away - Lemieux_02

And finally, 1987-88 Lemieux CCM airknit set:

1987-88_Home - Lemieux_011987-88_Home - Lemieux_02

1987-88_Away - Lemieux_011987-88_Away - Lemieux_02

The 87-88 set was a really fun, LONG project.  I stumbled upon both of those on ebay maybe two years ago around Christmas a few weeks apart from the same seller.  Even before that I already had a blank black one I bought from @thebiggoalie back in 2013 maybe.  The ebay finds were incorrectly customized with twill kits and were a nightmare to strip and clean.  While I did that, I did some research because I already knew there were game-worn auctions for the white so that was easy to replicate, but very little, if any info in the form of pictures or video for the black model from that season anywhere on the internet. 

I spent months researching, because I knew there were 2 different letter/number font versions used that season.  Early in the 1987 season and up through Feb of 88 the numbers were much thinner, and the shoulder numbers had white vinyl in the little loops of the 6s; to add to that, the "C" on the chest was a really unattractive, thin font as well.  I just didn't like the look of it.  I wanted the version that more closely matched the white one shown in the game-worn auction. 

Between a photo, a magazine and some promotional items (LOL multiple Snickers ads) I found on ebay I was able to come to a pretty good conclusion that I had all the details to have our buddy @TMLFAN make up both kits.  Wanting to be 100% confident though, I searched a little bit more for some video.  Turns out I ended up finding a guy with an ENORMOUS collection of old hockey game recordings and he just happened to have the exact game that the black jersey was used for the first time with the font I wanted.  Bought a DVD of the game from him and got these things completed.  I've had so much fun between these two and the three early 80s jerseys up top.  Couldn't wait to share with the group.

Edited by blurryhaze

Fantastic acquisitions, and it’s nice to know they are in the hands of someone who truly appreciates them, and is willing to put in all the time and research necessary to have them done correctly!  👍

Wow, great story about how these projects all came to be, super impressive to say the least. 

Thanks guys.  Honestly I've learned almost everything I know about this hobby because of you guys sharing how-to's, pictures and tips/tricks over the past 10 years I've been here - so thank you!

Edited by blurryhaze

On 10/19/2019 at 8:18 PM, blurryhaze said:

Couldn't wait to share with the group.

These Mario jerseys are insane. Some of the nicest jerseys I've ever seen tbh.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:18 PM, blurryhaze said:

Part Three, Grand Finale:

"You bought like 10 of the same jersey."

- Everyone's Wife

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

"You bought like 10 of the same jersey."

- Everyone's Wife

“Stop cheating on me with your sister-in-law.”

- Marty’s ex-wife. 

41 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

“Stop cheating on me with your sister-in-law.”