It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He doesn't post here much anymore but he's pretty active on FB these days.

83675423_10162897235185402_6301671906131

84396176_10162897234915402_5789806955153

83679306_10162897235035402_2952394582656

83773585_10162897235080402_3078655097761

Jersey originally obtained by Kappy himself, photomatched to the loose thread. Used in the 8-1 scudding over Carolina.

My first Canadian made Adidas jersey. Don't get the hatred from some people. Seems as well made as a Reebok one.

Beautiful jersey.  

However, I don’t recall anyone hating the on-ice Adidas; it’s the Indonesian-made retail “authentics” that are essentially replica quality that some people have issues with.  

I’m actually not a huge fan of the MiC Adidas. They just feel lighter and not as substantial as pretty much any other jersey since like 1980 (the extent of my jersey knowledge). Well, maybe the Nike/SP Flo-Knits. Those feel the cheapest. 

Good for the players, I’m sure. But for collectors, I dunno. I wanna feel like I’m getting something for my money 🤷‍♂️ 

a87-3g-98f4.jpeg

By far not so nice as the Kapanen but I also received a Leafs today 😊:

2014 Winter Classic Size 56

I‘d love to get it customized as a D‘Amigo but I’m sure German customizers (heat transfer) will ruin this beauty 🤬...

Edited by AM34

Do it properly and have it sent over to Canada/US. When jersey Baron was still the main man, or I'd snag one of eBay I'd have a jersey sent to a customiser, then finally sent over to me. That is one of the recent styles I don't have.

Edited by DJ Rhea

I don’t hate the on-ice adidas jerseys. I actually like how substantial the reinforced shoulders are. Prefer air knit for material but this stuff isn’t terrible. Main thing I can’t stand is the collar. Look and feel. Not a fan 

4 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

My first Canadian made Adidas jersey. Don't get the hatred from some people. Seems as well made as a Reebok one.

6 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

Jersey originally obtained by Kappy himself, photomatched to the loose thread. Used in the 8-1 scudding over Carolina.

Beautiful.  Where did you find the jersey given to kappy?

2 hours ago, AM34 said:

By far not so nice as the Kapanen but I also received a Leafs today 😊:

2014 Winter Classic Size 56

I‘d love to get it customized as a D‘Amigo but I’m sure German customizers (heat transfer) will ruin this beauty 🤬...

This is the team customizer if you want to look into sending it in.

http://www.sportsletteringcompany.com/

8 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Beautiful.  Where did you find the jersey given to kappy?

So the story I got told from the seller, is he brought it off a guy who is big in Finnish media, a reporter I believe, and Kappy had given it to him. This guy has a few Kappy items and jerseys, the guy I brought it off wants to buy.

Hence no LOA

Here is the photo match.
82767846_1061403177535048_39373265546730

Edited by DJ Rhea
photo

The Loa’s we're late being made.  I bought mine when real sports auctioned off the 1st period jerseys and the loa’s were mailed out well after the jerseys that were sold.  Most likely they didn’t even bother making the loa’s for the jerseys given to the players.

2 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

That is what I was told, jersey was given to the player from the club, no LOA needed, however due to the photo match and these jerseys never being made for retail, I'd say it is 100% game worn.

If you’re ever concerned just call up real sports and give them the serial number to confirm but you have the photo match so not really necessary 

12 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

This is the team customizer if you want to look into sending it in.

http://www.sportsletteringcompany.com/

Thank you very much!!!

The only problem that could be is they only accept credit card as payment (which I don‘t have)...

But I‘ll shoot them an email - maybe we can find another solution (paypal ?)....

12 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

If you’re ever concerned just call up real sports and give them the serial number to confirm but you have the photo match so not really necessary 

Cheers, I'll keep that in mind. However if I ever sell it, I can always let the buy know.

7 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

I was wondering who scored that Kapanen Arenas. Congrats, that is an awesome pickup! 

Yeah, decent price that was, a little bit of haggling so got it for a bit less. I do like Kappy, I fear he will be traded however.

Last night's Devils game they celebrated the 20th anniversary of the 2000 Stanley Cup team.

I was very excited that MeiGray asked to borrow some of my game worn collection towards the 2000 game worn jersey display last night on the concourse.  A total of six of my jerseys from my collection were part of the display and very honored to have taken part in it.

Edited by Devilsguy

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Last night's Devils game they celebrated the 20th anniversary of the 2000 Stanley Cup team.

I was very excited that MeiGray asked to borrow some of my game worn collection towards the 2000 game worn jersey display last night on the concourse.  A total of six of my jerseys from my collection were part of the display and very honored to have taken part in it.

That’s awesome! 

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

IMG_8483.jpg

That is so cool! I like that not only did they decide to make such a display, but that they reached out to the known, prolific collectors of the team to participate. After all, as they say, it’s all about the fans. 

Which ones did you provide?

Edited by mfitz804

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

IMG_8483.jpg

Amazing.....quite the special moment when you can take part in an occasion like that

On 2/1/2020 at 8:51 AM, DJ Rhea said:

Was this the one on ebay?

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Congrats Chris! That’s always such a great honor.

Meigray borrowed two of my Connecticut Whale jerseys for a display in Hartford a few years ago. They even certified and registered the jerseys for me for free, since the Whale jerseys originally came with no paperwork.