Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, perthisthereason said:

Absolutely gorgeous sweater, @spudrock512. Any reason for collecting him (besides the kick-Arse name)?

It was all about the name when I was young.  I was about a teenager when he come up and I thought it was cool on SportsCenter. When he scored from the point, they would say something like, "his wicked Za-lap shot" And playing NHL 93 & 94 on Sega Genesis, he was pretty good in that game. So even as a Hawks fan, he kind of became a favorite player of mine. As I got older, and started collecting, I got one, then two, and you know how it goes after that.  In 2011, my wife and I were moving, getting a house, needed the money, so my jerseys helped pay for that.  Stopped collecting for awhile, then got back into it just authentic Hawks jerseys, then into every other team, then sold most everything that last few month (except for the Hawks jersey).  I figured I would see if I could get back some of my old gamers. I had some of the emails from those I sold them too.  The guy I sold this to 9 years ago still had it and sold it back for exactly what he paid back in the day.  It was so cool of him to do so, and I am so happy to have it back.

God, that was ten years ago?? I remember when you were moving those over on the game worn forums. It's good to see you've managed to get at least one back. I can't imagine most people would want less than a small fortune now too seeing that he's dead. Buncha vultures.

So not quite as cool as some of the 2020 Winter Classic gamers that have been posted recently but, here is my IndoAuthentic 2020 Dallas Stars WC Jersey. I picked it up last week from Blake's.

img%5Dimg%5D

Few more that came in last week - thanks to TMLFan for the work and to furiousD for some strip and cleaning on these.

96-97 Kings Team Issued size 58G

49584544643_d4dba0e0c5_k.jpg

49584544463_dd850f7a24_k.jpg

99-00 Saint John Flames size 56 - thought it was cool to see a Flames #12 with the C and it not be Iggy. And the AHL version of this jersey is a little nicer IMO with the ultrafil body vs airknit in the NHL.

49585042566_04f05ed2cf_k.jpg

49585042341_d447125dd2_k.jpg

2003-04 Blues size 54

49585279142_49e84ae5f6_k.jpg

49585042876_b3a87cb6a5_k.jpg

2014-15 Stars size 56

49584546373_1ebe043378_k.jpg

49584546113_9a4e6a85ce_k.jpg

Edited by JJM4

4 hours ago, JJM4 said:

2003-04 Blues size 54

49585279142_49e84ae5f6_k.jpg

I just picked up one of these and am sending it out to have Tkachuk put on it. 
Kinda want to get all of the Vintage series jerseys but they're going for big money right now 

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

I just picked up one of these and am sending it out to have Tkachuk put on it. 
Kinda want to get all of the Vintage series jerseys but they're going for big money right now 

Yeah having the vintage series set would be cool, but you're so right they're big $ right now.  Can't go wrong with a Tkachuk on this one!  I bought this one from Adam so it was already done, though I'm not sure who customized it.  Are you using Liebe?  Is yours blue or white?

30 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Yeah having the vintage series set would be cool, but you're so right they're big $ right now.  Can't go wrong with a Tkachuk on this one!  I bought this one from Adam so it was already done, though I'm not sure who customized it.  Are you using Liebe?  Is yours blue or white?

Pretty sure I sold that Demitra to Adam last year. I bought it from a guy on Facebook. Keener customized it. 

IIRC Liebe didn’t customize Blues jerseys until the 2005-06 season. Pretty certain Custom Crafted did these jerseys. 

1 hour ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

Pretty sure I sold that Demitra to Adam last year. I bought it from a guy on Facebook. Keener customized it. 

IIRC Liebe didn’t customize Blues jerseys until the 2005-06 season. Pretty certain Custom Crafted did these jerseys. 

Thanks for the info.  I like the customization on it.  I've got another one done by Keener in very similar fashion.  I always like to be able to pass along who did the customization on a jersey when I sell so I really appreciate you chiming in.

10 hours ago, JJM4 said:

I have a blue and a white, The blue will be a Tkachuk and the white is a TI that was prepared for Eric Weinrich

I'm sending all my stuff to Mike (Brilliant) he does amazing work.

I also have a Rangers blue, LA purple and a Canucks blue.
Slowly trying to get them all but they just don't come up at reasonable prices.

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

🤮

LMAO.  Just to make you doubly sick, a pickup of mine a few weeks ago:

NJD  2011/12  Kovalchuk, Ilya    VT r

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

LMAO.  Just to make you doubly sick, a pickup of mine a few weeks ago:

I thought we were friends...

7 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I also have a LA purple

Where’d you find the LA purple? I tried to find one in 50 or 52 but came up empty so went with a yellow one instead 

52 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Where’d you find the LA purple? I tried to find one in 50 or 52 but came up empty so went with a yellow one instead 

No idea,
I was sifting through bins and was kinda surprised myself

If memory serves it does not have the V patch

On 2/25/2020 at 12:13 PM, cpack89 said:

img%5D

So I noticed when I took the picture that the nameplate and number seem to be slightly angled. I didn't say anything because I told myself if nobody comments on it looking off then it's not bad enough to correct. However, it is bugging me and i can't stop thinking about it. I want to know what you guys think. Is it bad enough to take it back to Blake's or minor enough that you would just let it ride? He has always done a great job and this is the first time I've ever had any issue.

Yeah that does look a little bit tilted to me.  When you first posted it, I didn't notice it but now that you mention it, it is noticeable. I'd also have a hard time letting that ride. 

6 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Yeah that does look a little bit tilted to me.  When you first posted it, I didn't notice it but now that you mention it, it is noticeable. I'd also have a hard time letting that ride. 

I am sorry to say, yeah, that looks like a bad job and I think I’d have to say something.