• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

PER number!? So $600 for customization!? Holy hell 

No no, $200 total for two digit number 30 in this case.  If you wanted to do a Langway 3 or an Ozolinsh 7 it would only be $100.

9 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

No no, $200 total for two digit number 30 in this case.  If you wanted to do a Langway 3 or an Ozolinsh 7 it would only be $100.

That's more reasonable.  Expensive, but not ridiculous.

That's some cool customization.

59 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

That's more reasonable.  Expensive, but not ridiculous.

That's some cool customization.

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion on the cost.  Still not cheap but worth it if you like unique kits, which I'm sure a great deal of us jersey nerds do LOL.

Nothing too exciting, but a good add for my Hawks collection.

1994-95 Eddie Belfour Chicago Blackhawks Away Jersey Size 52

1994-95 Eddie Belfour Chicago Blackhawks Away Jersey Front1994-95 Eddie Belfour Chicago Blackhawks Away Jersey Back

The Nameplate is cut a little narrow on the edges, and the back '3' is a little wonky, but the jersey is in great condition.

Edited by spudrock512

On 9/9/2020 at 12:16 AM, spudrock512 said:

the back '3' is a little wonky, but the jersey is in great condition.

Nice pickup! I might be the only one, but I actually don't mind older jerseys with slight imperfections like that. It's not like all numbers were always perfectly cut and placed during these times anyway.

Something I got a while back. I'm usually don't collect gamers from teams other than the Blues, but there's always an exception. It's a nice design, and despite him being the scapegoat when the whole team played like s***, I always had a soft spot for him.

Worn by Bouwmeester for 7 games during the 2005/06 season. 

Btw, does anyone know why some (or all?) jerseys from that time have another NHL shield sewn over the embroidered one?

50304342907_74398e7967_b.jpg

50304190041_47aecc958f_b.jpg

10 minutes ago, perthisthereason said:

Btw, does anyone know why some (or all?) jerseys from that time have another NHL shield sewn over the embroidered one?

50304342907_74398e7967_b.jpg

50304190041_47aecc958f_b.jpg

Because it’s a rebranded Koho to Reebok 6100 jersey. They “updated” the NHL shield when Reebok took over, so any leftover stock had the previous shield covered up, although I’ve also seen gamers from that era where it was missed. 

I wondered if there are any Blackhawks Fan out there that can give me a hand in putting a date on a training camp jersey I just received.

2005-2006 Petri Kontiola Chicago Blackhawks Training Camp Jersey Front2005-2006 Petri Kontiola Chicago Blackhawks Training Camp Jersey Back

Size 56, everything heat pressed, super rubbery vinyl.  Name is pressed on an air-knit nameplate, sewn to the jersey.

Petri Kontiola was a 7th round draft pick, 196 overall in the 2004 draft.  Played only 12 games for the Hawks in the 2007-08 season.  Played mostly in the KHL, and was on the Finland 2018 Olympic Team scoring 2 goals and 4 assists for 6 point in 5 games.

I could find any Blackhawks info on these Jofa jerseys, but I did see a 2005 Derek Boogaard Jofa Training Camp Wild jersey that sold on gamewornaucitons.net all the way back in 2009.  Would it be safe to say that this would be from the same 2005-06 season's training camp?  I know that by 2007 they were using Reebok for the training camp.

Thanks for any help!

The numbers are dual layer heat pressed vinyl? Very cool! 

I don't know the exact years the league wore Jofa, but it had to have been between 2001-2004, pre-lockout, right? I say that only because of the NHL shield. Then they switched over to the 6100 Reebok version, before the 1.0/2.0 EDGE followed by 3.0 and now Adidas. Maybe prospects wore recycled jerseys after the switch to Reebok?

Edit, well this image threw my idea out of the window since it's from 2006

http://hockeyphotography.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/060915-New-Jersey-Devils-training-camp/G0000Ma36Mp.dafw/I0000tc8boR2KRAA/C0000e3keAdkmpTc

Although this one is from 2007 where the Lightning are wearing EDGE 1.0 so I'm not sure where the 6100 Reebok style would fit in this timeline...

http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/2007/09/bolts-new-pants.html

Got this in over the weekend: Max Novak Albany Devils Ugly Christmas Sweater game worn jersey.  Worn by Max in the game against Syracuse back in 12/6/15.  Max scored the 4th goal in a 4-0 win.

50342698186_1fc4e2e1b5_c.jpg

50342860187_03bd72b563_c.jpg

Ahh, I believe I saw that on eBay. Very nice pickup. And a well done jersey, in my opinion. Definitely nails the ugly sweater vibe. 

2 hours ago, Van67 said:

Too cool to not share before customization...

Very nice, clean look.  Really cool!

From my casual observation, Lutch provides jerseys for most KHL teams, but the Edge 2.0 (Reebok and CCM branded) has been worn by at least a few teams. CKA is the only one I've seen wearing MIC Adidas but I haven't looked hard lately either. 

I'll never pass a deal on an ultrafil. This is in mint condition so chances are I'll have some patches made up for it to replace my existing ultrafil. Sticking with one in, one out

DSCF2584-vi.jpg

Similar to the red WC practice jersey I had done by CSL earlier this summer, KB67 made up a black Keith version for me

DSCF2586-vi.jpg

DSCF2598-vi.jpg

Very happy with how this turned out, but it's going on the FS block. Trying to get close to that 2-dozen number! 

4 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

DSCF2586-vi.jpg

DSCF2598-vi.jpg

Very happy with how this turned out, but it's going on the FS block. Trying to get close to that 2-dozen number! 

NEVER pass on Ultrafil! It's the law 

How accurate is the the practice jersey from what they wore? 
Looks really cool 

And what's the "2-dozen number"?

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

NEVER pass on Ultrafil! It's the law 

How accurate is the the practice jersey from what they wore? 
Looks really cool 

And what's the "2-dozen number"?

Only real difference is the game worn practice jersey had all red or all black collars. Obviously regular practice jerseys have the contrasting white parts of the collar and back neck yolk. 

I really want to work down my collection to two dozen jerseys. At least I say that’s my goal. Was at 100+ and have about 40 at the moment.  Trying to free up closet space and just keep stuff that is special (to me)

7 hours ago, amonte78 said:

Brad Brown 1998/1999 set 2, nice fighter/enforcer wear with several blood and sweat stains

I wondered who snagged that. Was close to pulling the trigger for price alone, but then thought about how big a size 58 Nike would be. I could literally use that as a tent 

3 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I wondered who snagged that. Was close to pulling the trigger for price alone, but then thought about how big a size 58 Nike would be. I could literally use that as a tent 

Yeah, thought it was a good price as well ;) And this size 58 Nike is about right for me (6'4, 286 lbs), although I don't really wear my gamers.

I’m not sure why everyone says Nike run so big. I have had a couple 2002 Olympic jerseys and a 56 fit exactly like a CCM 56. Possible this is just a phenomenon seen in the smaller sizes?

Some nice Hawks jerseys on this page...

I always liked this jersey (black version only), will soon be made into a Rucchin from 94-95.  I had to strip a number off of it, but it came out excellent, no sign of the strip. Bonus being it came with an original IHL 50th patch.

50353452273_fa75854c41_o.jpg

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

Some nice Hawks jerseys on this page...

I always liked this jersey (black version only), will soon be made into a Rucchin from 94-95.  I had to strip a number off of it, but it came out excellent, no sign of the strip. Bonus being it came with an original IHL 50th patch.

50353452273_fa75854c41_o.jpg

Sweet Gulls jersey.

I just glanced at the Hockeydb list of players from their 1994-95 season, and there are some interesting names in there. (I like the Denny Lambert line of 25g - 35a - 222pm.  Old time hockey).

I've got a Minnesota Moose Dave Christian with the IHL 50th patch.

Nice.