Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, PensFan77 said:

This showed up today, my birthday present to myself. No idea yet who I'm going to get on it, still have to get a 50th patch

Beautiful! Interesting that it has a reinforced fight strap similar to a gamer.

10 minutes ago, desmopilot said:

Beautiful! Interesting that it has a reinforced fight strap similar to a gamer.

That's the only one he had like that, he wasn't sure if others would be like that

9 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

This is only the first season of the rebuild.  Correction, only the first year of this rebuild as the Leafs have been "rebuilding" for 10 years.  Anywho, you have to expect a year or two more of "pain" before we can expect them to turn into a playoff team and hopefully contender.

Yes, from JB

Yah you're right. Gonna take some patience...and pain. 

What are your thoughts on the new number fonts???

9 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Yah you're right. Gonna take some patience...and pain. 

What are your thoughts on the new number fonts???

I like how they changed the number font to make a noticeable difference from the previous style and I like how the arm numbers are a lot wider then normal.  I wish the Leafs would add a second colour to numbers though since one layer is a little boring.

Just now, TMLFAN said:

I like how they changed the number font to make a noticeable difference from the previous style and I like how the arm numbers are a lot wider then normal.  I wish the Leafs would add a second colour to numbers though since one layer is a little boring.

But easier to make!

19 hours ago, PensFan77 said:

That's the only one he had like that, he wasn't sure if others would be like that

Nice.  I got mine yesterday also and it had the reinforced fight strap also.  I picked up the 50.  I see he added a few larger sizes for sale this week but no 50 or 52s.  I wonder how he ends up with just a handful, but I am glad I bit the bullet when I saw it listed because I'm not the most patient person.

Anyhow, the jersey looks awesome in person.  Such bright popping colors.  It does look naked though.  Going to be sending it off to Pro Knitwear to be customized once I get the 50th patch which should be arriving soon.

EDITED: Received patch today.  

IMG_201.jpg

Edited by SirBrad

it's hard to tell...I need to see a picture at a higher resolution.  I am pretty sure it won't be though because it'll fit un nicely right under the seams.

then again, on this picture I can't see the seam clearly, so is it under the patch?

619117310_slide.jpg

Edited by SirBrad

For the majority of the skater jerseys, the left border of the patch barely covers the seam line, and pretty much parallels it.

If your jersey is fairly small (<54), you may not be able to avoid covering the seam, as the patch would then be too close to the collar, which would look pretty strange.

Edited by LAK74

Yeah in my experience there just isn't enough real estate on the smaller size jerseys to avoid the seam without really cramming it near the crest. 

Two new arrivals! Thanks to board member jolmari for another smooth trade on the Golden Toe Coffey. Was looking for quite a while for a reasonable priced one and even cooler to get it done up with one of my all-time-favs #77

Pittsburgh Penguins 1988/1989 Road Paul Coffey CCM Sz. 50 (back)Pittsburgh Penguins 1988/1989 Road Paul Coffey CCM Sz. 50 (front)All-Star Game 2003 Alexei Kovalev CCM Sz. 48 (back)All-Star Game 2003 Alexei Kovalev CCM Sz. 48 (front)

Bought this one from Meigray last week: Andy Greene 2010 Retro Night GI.  I have his 2014 retro night gamer but don't feel comfortable wearing that to a game to get it messed up.  Will be rocking this one and my Pando 2010 retro night GI's to games this year.

30054633103_043a8afbcd_c.jpg

30688631085_8e8cfc4627_c.jpg

I guess it depends on which you would prefer, or if you would be happy to get both. Say a home with the Anniversary patch, and an away with the SCF patch. Also have to figure 2nd half of the season might have an NHL patch, and that could play into things too. No clue where they'd put that, so things might move around.