It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

I thought it was discussed that they might wear a patch for the 2017 calendar year, so the 2nd half of this season and the first half of next season. I agree that it is stupid, if that is indeed what they decide to do.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess I missed something, but what is the logic of splitting a 100th anniversary between parts of 2 different seasons?  For the 75th anniversary they used the commemorative patch in 1991 and 1992, but it was obviously the same season.  Even if you don't count 2004/05 towards the anniversary due to the lockout, the 100th anniversary would then fall onto the 2017/18 season, not parts of the 2016/17 and 2017/18 seasons.  Or would it?

5 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I guess I missed something, but what is the logic of splitting a 100th anniversary between parts of 2 different seasons?  For the 75th anniversary they used the commemorative patch in 1991 and 1992, but it was obviously the same season.  Even if you don't count 2004/05 towards the anniversary due to the lockout, the 100th anniversary would then fall onto the 2017/18 season, not parts of the 2016/17 and 2017/18 seasons.  Or would it?

LOL, you think the bosses in the NHL use logic ? Just take a look at the new nhl.com layout

:D

Edited by tomtucker

We're going way off-topic here, but yeah, the new NHL.com website layout sucks.

1 hour ago, CJ Matthews said:

I guess it depends on which you would prefer, or if you would be happy to get both. Say a home with the Anniversary patch, and an away with the SCF patch. Also have to figure 2nd half of the season might have an NHL patch, and that could play into things too. No clue where they'd put that, so things might move around.

Yup. More patches means more excuses to buy more jerseys. 

"They're totally different honey, this one has a 50th patch and this one has a SCF patch". 

She stopped listening 2-3 words in to that conversation. 

4 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Bought this one from Meigray last week: Andy Greene 2010 Retro Night GI.  I have his 2014 retro night gamer but don't feel comfortable wearing that to a game to get it messed up.  Will be rocking this one and my Pando 2010 retro night GI's to games this year.

We previously had some debate over whether it was worth what MeiGray was asking, I assume you scored a deal?

44 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

We previously had some debate over whether it was worth what MeiGray was asking, I assume you scored a deal?

Yes I did:)  Not a huge one, but they worked with me since I have bought a good amount from them over the past couple of years.

Plus it was probably cheaper for them than to pay the court fees for filing an order of protection against me.

2007-2008 Craig Berube Flin Flon Bombers event-worn jersey - jersey was worn by Berube during Bobby Clarke's induction ceremony 3/30/08 into the Philly Phantoms Hall of Fame (Clarke was their GM for several years and Berube was the coach of the Phantoms at that time). Clarke played for the Bombers for a few years early in his career hence the Bombers jersey for a Phantoms induction ceremony. Berube auto'd the back '#2' -

7Vg2ncN.jpg

4jlSdhs.jpg

2013-2014 Eric Neilson Syracuse Crunch jersey - shortened rear fight strap, front skatelace fight strap added & attached below the crest and decent sleeve wear - owned this jersey earlier this year and traded it away - just bought it back -

e5kRuYi.jpg

8tvCxgI.jpg

5KFC9JT.jpg

Nick Kypreos Maple Leafs gameworn pant shell - lighter wear, his number '32' written on inside tag -

k6vxysN.jpg

Kelly Chase Blues game used stick - his name faintly stamped on the blade insert and his number written on the handle tape -

3IKOUpY.jpg

VhBZobd.jpg

Edited by bobbyp6565

90s Chicago Blackhawks Jermey Roenick Jersey Size 54

71C23C89-282F-4D09-9489-322D9BC76C85_zps

2ED7F593-2F2E-4DB2-BFE5-0A0240404AE8_zps

And I know these aren't hockey, but I'm looking for a little Cubs MoJo for the last two games!  I got both cool Base jerseys because I hate the Flex Base diaper look on those jerseys

Jon Lester Home Jersey Size 44

8F5FB4D9-94A6-4147-B069-E97A35C61CB5_zps

08B8C967-B698-4D58-AB01-CA0CB61B8974_zps

Javier Baez Road jersey Size 46

70BE1FBA-4A98-4712-8E20-9AEF70373CF5_zps

E13D0D9E-1F1C-4C7B-AFF2-150B0FAF3E60_zps

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Yes I did:)  Not a huge one, but they worked with me since I have bought a good amount from them over the past couple of years.

Plus it was probably cheaper for them than to pay the court fees for filing an order of protection against me.

"Barry, that guy is outside the building again."

"Put an Andy Greene jersey outside the front door and turn off all the lights, hopefully he'll just leave."

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

"Barry, that guy is outside the building again."

"Put an Andy Greene jersey outside the front door and turn off all the lights, hopefully he'll just leave."

Funny you say that as when I am there they all happen to mysteriously all take "lunch" at the same time.

Oooh, I like seeing some new baseball stuff. I really do want to see the Cubs pull it off too.

Here's a style you don't see everyday...or in some cases, ever. A 1979 World Juniors USA jersey from Stockholm:

mcirca19791aAthleticKnitdurene-vi.jpgmcirca19791bAthleticKnitdurene-vi.jpg

Worn by Long Island native Bobby Crawford during the tournament. Light wear as expected but some very obvious spots that include a nice unrepaired hole and some dark marks. You can clearly see where the nameplate was taken off after the tournament too. It's a gorgeous heavy-duty durene too which is even better. Everything is screen-printed on but without any age flaws so that's definitely a plus. Just another year I can check off my USA list!

And then some more obscure pickups. First, former Gunner and Red Bull legend Thierry Henry from the 2010 MLS season:

ullscirca20101aAdidasClimaCool-vi.jpgullscirca20101bAdidasClimaCool-vi.jpg

Light wear as to be expected but some spots are visible up close. It even has the super-rare Red Bull Arena inaugural season patch on the chest. Its not every day you can obtain the best player ever to wear your team's shirt. Being a big Metro/Red Bulls fan, this was a no-brainer.

Next, two USMNT jerseys. First, Brian McBride from 2005 I believe:

ANationalTeamcirca20051aNike90-vi.jpgANationalTeamcirca20051bNike90-vi.jpg

And finally, former star goalkeeper Kasey Keller from 2002:

ionalTeamcirca20021aNikeDriFit-vi.jpg

This thing feels more like a raincoat than it does a sports jersey! Still, it's pretty wild to get my hands on such prolific guys.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Funny you say that as when I am there they all happen to mysteriously all take "lunch" at the same time.

The fact that there's some truth to it makes it more funny.

The guy said he worked for the L.A. Galaxy at the time he obtained it. I think he said he worked PR for them and ended up getting it direct from Henry himself during the 2010 season. Seeing as how the Red Bulls played in Los Angeles on September 24th (A 2-0 win in LA!), that leaves a bunch of games it was potentially worn in. Honestly, I was just glad it wasn't worn during the Earthquakes playoff debacle. Effing Bobby Convey...

Where do you get Red Bulls gamers?

Edit: Just saw you answered it lol.

Edited by Devilsguy

On 10/31/2016 at 1:00 PM, LAK74 said:

It's probably because they can't decide if they want to commemorate the 100th season or the 100th anniversary, so they just decided to cover both bases.

I don't think the NHL is in any mood to even acknowledge the lockout season in any way, shape, or form.