It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Looking at mine again, this is a pretty clean strip with zero glue residue on the back and only a faint shadow on the arms that EPS will clean right out. I think I can really do any number, maybe even a single digit. I will have to re-review the rosters. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's start this morning off right.  How about an a55load of Flyers?

1994-95 LeClair

AGdYlbU.jpg

bCdVTYv.jpg

Special thanks to @cowboys for giving me this jersey to strip.  Was a LeClair, now a 1995-96 Lindros. Thanks, man!

WkLeXdh.jpg

K9oTFkm.jpg

2007-08 Gagne 1.0 for the wifey :)

cS0p0l0.jpg

BcYM1SY.jpg

2007-08 Briere 2.0. Font on the name is pre-lockout. But, IDGAF (for now, anyway).

oKXHnKF.jpg

G3RlH2O.jpg

2008-09 Richards 2.0

qEWhJ21.jpg

R6QAsde.jpg

Merry Christmas to me! :)

Edited by jsh139

Awesome haul!

Who did the lettering on the CCM's? I have one of that style (Nike though) that I need to send out eventually and those look pretty spot on.

My issue will be finding a Nike nameplate to use, though.

Edited by dsl135

50 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Awesome haul!

Who did the lettering on the CCM's? I have one of that style (Nike though) that I need to send out eventually and those look pretty spot on.

I believe EPS has Nike Flo Knit, can't say whether their lettering is accurate though. 

1 hour ago, cowboys said:

Nice haul the Flyers always look good on this page .

Nice job on the LINDROS

Thanks, I thought it came out pretty good! ;) 

46 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Awesome haul!

Thanks!  All five were done at Ruberti's.  50 bucks a shirt.  They must have cut me a deal since it's usually $60.  Not bad.  Yeah, it's basically bring your own nameplate at this point.  They have plenty of white and black Edge material, but basically no Air-Knit or Flo-Knit.  It's becoming harder and harder to get things done there.  There is only one guy that does the hockey jerseys, and he only comes in part time.  And by part time I mean like one Monday-Thursday shift every 10 weeks!  They are going to hire another guy, I think.  But, the guy that did these (Greg) is the one that's been doing them for the last 30 years.  He makes mistakes now and then (see the Briere, above), but I find it comforting that any mistake he could make today, he could have made at any point in the 90s/00s. It's more authentic that way.  At least that's what I tell myself *shrug*.

Good stuff. The black outline on the "1" of the LeClair looks thicker than the "0", but it might just be the way the fabric was falling.

I like seeing all the different ways they've handled their captain letters over the years.

Arizona Coyotes John Scott 2015/2016 set 2 GI, which he would have worn if the Coyotes/NHL didn't pull off that crap trade to the Habs.

IMG_20161202_1812122_zpsi3uqo4lz.jpg

IMG_20161202_1814282_zpsxs2aoai4.jpg

Edited by amonte78

2 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Arizona Coyotes John Scott 2015/2016 set 2 GI, which he would have worn if the Coyotes didn't pull off that crap trade to the Habs.

Wow that's a cool GI to have, has a great story behind it. Congrats on that one. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wow that's a cool GI to have, has a great story behind it. Congrats on that one. 

Thank you sir!

2 hours ago, amonte78 said:

Arizona Coyotes John Scott 2015/2016 set 2 GI, which he would have worn if the Coyotes/NHL didn't pull off that crap trade to the Habs.

Very cool jersey man. Still debating on getting a Coyotes 2.0 in a Domi. 

15 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

A rookie Komarov 2.0

First time I've seen someone go with the Sosh.  He's going to be a good one.

14 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

A rookie Komarov 2.0

A Briton who's a fan of Russian born Toronto Maple Leafs players. Diversity at its best! 

Nice jersey Dominic. 

Cheers lads, I can still hear the ring off the metal work for his first two goals, I did ask JB to strip a JVR away jersey, but he was having none of it. There is a Canadian I know of down Guildford way who has a large Leafs collection, he went with Soshnikov on last years alternate.

Why don't you go for a London Knights Domi 

1 hour ago, Chazberg said:

Good stuff. The black outline on the "1" of the LeClair looks thicker than the "0", but it might just be the way the fabric was falling.

I like seeing all the different ways they've handled their captain letters over the years.

I wouldn't doubt it is a little off.  But, I actually don't mind that.  Most, if not all of the twill is still hand cut and sewed at Ruberti's, just as it was back in the day. A little inconsistency makes it more authentic in my mind.

Here's a pic of a LeClair gamer. It looks kinda off, too.

5365.jpg

4 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Is it me or do we have a bunch of new ankle skaters here at this lovely forum? 

I've noticed more new guys posting. Which is goood I think. 

15 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

I remember that like it was yesterday........why did he continue to call him that, wonder if that is how it´s pronounced?

Same thing as all the guys saying Zuccarella