The AHL

lafountain

Looks like the AHL is going the way of the EDGE jerseys too.

http://www.theahl.com/news/league/index.html?article_id=7927

www.theahl.com will be showing the designs as they are unveiled.

http://www.theahl.com/fanz/galleries/index.html?c=43

I wonder how close the Avs jerseys will be to the Lake Erie Monsters jerseys. Lake Erie is Colorado's minor league club now. d72a636c9f87fd682673f4bdf176f6ab.300.jpg

9/12 - The Avs jersey are out now and they're completely different from the Monsters', which are pretty sharp.

5cb734947eaa2ff15f9fc14497ba6141.300.jpg

Damnit! They passed once more on the opportunity to change the green jersey into a mirror image of the white one.

By that I mean taking the shoulder area that is green on the white jersey where the secondary logos and sleeve numbers live, and making it white on the green jersey and liven it up a bit. It's just so dark being all green and adding white from the shoulders down to the wrists on both sides would give it some relief from being so dark.

Perhaps there's a reason the Wild dropped that one, based on sales of 60% red jerseys, 30% white and just 10% for the green, and the Aeros missed a chance to liven it up and try to make it more attractive to their fans.

Oh, well.

JeffB

By that I mean taking the shoulder area that is green on the white jersey where the secondary logos and sleeve numbers live, and making it white on the green jersey and liven it up a bit. It's just so dark being all green and adding white from the shoulders down to the wrists on both sides would give it some relief from being so dark.

JeffB

Agreed- some white striping on this jersey would make it look really sharp.

• 3 weeks later...

As I posted here http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?sho...entry8439

I received my first 2007 AHL Premier jersey today, a home (white) Lake Erie Monsters jersey. The roads, burgundy, will hopefully ship this week. Since I have 2 CBJ 2007 Premiers, I thought that I would give a quick synopsis of the differences between the AHL and NHL Reebok Premier jerseys.

The NHL premier is made in Indonisia, the AHL in Canada (AHL +1)

The NHL premier has a front jock tag, the AHL does not (AHL +1)

The NHL premier has sewn on screened shoulder patches, the AHL has heat-pressed screened shoulder patches (NHL +1)

The NHL premier has the league logo on the front collar, the AHL logo is on the middle rear hem (AHL +1) It's more traditional to me

The NHL premier has 2 RBK vectors, rear collar and left sleeve, the AHL has 2 vectors, rear collar and rear middle hem (Even)

Otherwise identical design/build qualities (inner tag, material weight, quality of front crest, side hem slits, etc).

I scored the AHL a 3-1 victor over the NHL, which is not surprising due to that, IMO, the AHL 550's looked more like authentics than the NHL 550's the last 2 years.

Just my opinion.

As I posted here http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?sho...entry8439

I received my first 2007 AHL Premier jersey today, a home (white) Lake Erie Monsters jersey. The roads, burgundy, will hopefully ship this week.

Let me know if you like that road LEM jersey. I have been circling them since I heard the team was forming this summer.

In terms of NHL vs. AHL- no surprise there except for the Indonesian component. I got a 2006 Swift Canada replica the other day and was mucho surprised that it came from that I country. If the label doesn't have a red maple leaf on the interior tag, I don't consider it a real jersey (still getting it lettered at IJ though!).

I just got my Authentic RBK Edge Lake Erie Monsters road (burgundy) jersey today at the arena. It is awesome, IMO. The biggest difference between the Edge and the Premier is the shoulder patches. The authentic patches are much nicer. What's funny is that the AHL replicas, as in the last two years, have the Vectors and league logo in the same place. Remember, Reebok branded AHL and Major Junior replicas as Reeboks, whereas the NHL was still branded as CCM.

I hope to post a picture of this when I can

Edit: picture posted http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?sho...entry8474

Let me know if you like that road LEM jersey. I have been circling them since I heard the team was forming this summer.

In terms of NHL vs. AHL- no surprise there except for the Indonesian component. I got a 2006 Swift Canada replica the other day and was mucho surprised that it came from that I country. If the label doesn't have a red maple leaf on the interior tag, I don't consider it a real jersey (still getting it lettered at IJ though!).

Before my white jersey arrived Wednesday, I had no idea that the AHL Premier would be made in Canada. All of the NHL Premiers that I have looked at were made overseas. Monday I was told by two sources, the Monsters and shopAHL.com, that the burgundy jerseys were still being produced, and they were hoping that they would be released by the end of the week. I assumed that if they were made overseas like the NHL, they would have no chance of getting them anytime soon. But if they are made in Canada, somewhere in Quebec, IIRC, that would be possible. As of today, still no word. Since I have an Edge, I'm not that concerned anymore. But the Monsters did send us a letter stating that they hoped to get the road Premiers to us by Friday. We'll see. Maybe the Indonesia jerseys have sewn shoulder patches, and the fact that my white Premier was made in Canada is the reason for the heat-sealed patches.

Thanks for the updates! I certainly love that jersey and might have to dig into my piggy bank to get one.

Road (burgundy) Lake Erie Monsters Premier arrived today. It's a Canadian-made product, and, like the white one, the shoulder patches are not sewn on. Otherwise, I really like the Premiers. Not as nice as the Edge, but nice nonetheless. I wonder if the shoulder patches not being sewn on is an AHL thing, or a function of where the jersey was made. I'm sure some of you have run across CCM NHL 550's made overseas with sewn crests/patches, I know I have one or two. Maybe Cry Wolf or someone else knows the answer and can help out. Do all NHL Premiers have the sewn-on screened patches, and are some made in Canada, or are all NHL Premiers made overseas?

Road (burgundy) Lake Erie Monsters Premier arrived today. It's a Canadian-made product, and, like the white one, the shoulder patches are not sewn on. Otherwise, I really like the Premiers. Not as nice as the Edge, but nice nonetheless. I wonder if the shoulder patches not being sewn on is an AHL thing, or a function of where the jersey was made. I'm sure some of you have run across CCM NHL 550's made overseas with sewn crests/patches, I know I have one or two. Maybe Cry Wolf or someone else knows the answer and can help out. Do all NHL Premiers have the sewn-on screened patches, and are some made in Canada, or are all NHL Premiers made overseas?

All premiers are made offshore. Youth shoulder crests are sewn on, adult aren't (If I'm not mistaken). It is just a case of where the jerseys are produced - the youth are produced in a different country than the adult (I think - I'm going by memory).

The NHL premier has sewn on screened shoulder patches (NHL -1), the AHL has heat-pressed screened shoulder patches (AHL -2)

Fixed that for you. :thumbsup: