Las Vegas... Black Knights?

jsh139

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I heard they will be holding a fan contest/vote for the team name.  Perhaps it won't be Black Knights?

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Last year I saw a guy steal a purse off a woman and run down the block only to get tackled by an officer. 

See, in Newark they stab you first!!

2 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

I'd go with Las Vegas Knights and go with a London Knights style logo. Nevada state flag colours maybe?

Something badass like this would be cool.

sauron_by_spartank42-d502g9o.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

If we're going card-themed, the only way to go is the Las Vegas Flush. 

And yeah, I am thinking the same thing for their alternate jersey as you are. 

Maybe something desert themed would be cool. The Dunes. The Buzzards. The Vultures. Mirage (trademarked, but still cool). Oasis. Tumbleweeds.  

Edited by jsh139

10 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Maybe something desert themed would be cool. The Dunes. The Buzzards. The Vultures. Mirage (trademarked, but still cool). Oasis. Tumbleweeds.  

The Buzzards and Vultures are not half bad.  Perhaps also a name to go back to the gold and especially silver mining that was big in the area?  Thought I don't think "The Miners" would work for various reasons.  I do think gold and/or silver will be incorporated into their jersey design though and think their uniforms would look not too far off from the Kings with gray instead of black as their primary color.

Wranglers has been used by 3 different teams in Vegas, though 2 of them were baseball teams in the 50's.  Could work to use that one, though obviously won't have as many specialty jerseys as the ECHL team did.

I am curious on how long the league will remain at an odd number of teams and who will be next to get back to an even number to balance the divisions.  Still holding out for Seattle, but until they have an arena plan, I know that isn't likely to happen.

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

That's easy. Fold the Devils and it's back to the original 30. Aside from the five NJ fans here, no one else will notice.

Savage

I think the NHL is hoping the Seattle thing pans out and they can put a team there.  If not give one to Quebec and move Columbus to the west.  Problem solved.

3 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

That's easy. Fold the Devils and it's back to the original 30. Aside from the five NJ fans here, no one else will notice.

As we say in the NYC/NJ area, "fold this!!!"

:)

Edited by mfitz804

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like the Nighthawks should wear one of those over-the-eyes, not really hiding anything super hero masks. 

EDIT: oh, forgot there was an actual dude named Nighthawk...

2940072-bfxnepocmaieffi.jpg

Edited by mfitz804

As a Blackhawks fan, I don't want them use either Black or Hawks in there name. I think if they just went by the Las Vegas Knights would be cool since everything fun to do in Vegas happens at night.