NHL Team Customizers

On 4/4/2019 at 1:02 PM, LAK74 said:

This is a shot in the dark, but a few years ago I saw a video of this company supposedly lettering a Canadiens gamer.

http://www.csgint.ca

If you happen to contact them and can confirm they are the official team letterer, please let us know.

Well, I sent them an email almost immediately after your reply and haven't gotten a response yet. I'll continue to wait.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, thanks.  It seems so difficult to get any definite information on who does/did their jerseys.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 5:12 PM, LAK74 said:

OK, thanks.  It seems so difficult to get any definite information on who does/did their jerseys.

Still no response almost two weeks later. They seem to be tight-lipped.

The identity of the Habs’ team customizer seems to be the world’s most closely-guarded secret or something.

I heard it was redacted from the Mueller report and Congress is fighting over it as we speak.... 🙃

On 4/18/2019 at 12:56 PM, LAK74 said:

The identity of the Habs’ team customizer seems to be the world’s most closely-guarded secret or something.

I mean, if it's them, at least there's more information about them than the Ducks' customizer.

• 4 weeks later...

Any recommendations for who to have customize a 1990s Nordiques CCM?

Edited by NYRFanDB

11 hours ago, NYRFanDB said:

Any recommendations for who to have customize a 1990s Nordiques CCM?

Pretty sure Keener can do them, but email them to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if Arena Wear was the Rangers’ on-ice customizer for 2007-2008?

I just finished a strip of a Rangers 1.0 that I’d like to get customized.  I’ve never had a 1.0 done before.  Anyone know what specifics I should ask for, including name plate material, assuming Arena Wear is the place to send it to?  If it wasn’t Arena Wear, does anyone know who did the Rangers that season?

Edited by shilenj

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 12:51 AM, shilenj said:

Anyone know if Arena Wear was the Rangers’ on-ice customizer for 2007-2008?

I just finished a strip of a Rangers 1.0 that I’d like to get customized.  I’ve never had a 1.0 done before.  Anyone know what specifics I should ask for, including name plate material, assuming Arena Wear is the place to send it to?  If it wasn’t Arena Wear, does anyone know who did the Rangers that season?

Yes, they were at that point.  I sent a 1.0 to them and they did it to spec.  Came out perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know anything about Cutting Edge Sports and the Panthers?  First post says they did the Panthers roughly between 1997 and 2016.  I’m looking to get a 2005-2006 Nieuwendyk Panthers done up but am wondering if CES was the customizer for that season. 

On 6/10/2019 at 10:21 AM, jsd1996475 said:

Yes, they were at that point.  I sent a 1.0 to them and they did it to spec.  Came out perfect.

So they were the official customizer for all of 2007-2008?  Do you know anything about materials needed for the 1.0s for that season?  Was the nameplate matching 1.0 material?

4 hours ago, shilenj said:

Does anyone know anything about Cutting Edge Sports and the Panthers?  First post says they did the Panthers roughly between 1997 and 2016.  I’m looking to get a 2005-2006 Nieuwendyk Panthers done up but am wondering if CES was the customizer for that season. 

Panthers/CES

15 hours ago, shilenj said:

So they were the official customizer for all of 2007-2008?  Do you know anything about materials needed for the 1.0s for that season?  Was the nameplate matching 1.0 material?

Yes, and before that even.  The nameplate is matching 1.0 material.

19 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Panthers/CES

Thanks!  As always, you have the answer!

I’ll give them a call tomorrow and see what their turnaround looks like.  I’m optimistic it’ll be reasonably short.

Based on what I've been hearing, I'd consider going somewhere other than Cutting Edge for older stuff like that. They've been having quality control issues and apparently they can't do a lot of their older stuff as well as they used to. It has something to do with a change in ownership or something like that.

If anyone has had recent experience with CE that contradicts me, please let me know because I have quite a few jerseys that would be going to CE that I'll probably be sending elsewhere.

9 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Based on what I've been hearing, I'd consider going somewhere other than Cutting Edge for older stuff like that. They've been having quality control issues and apparently they can't do a lot of their older stuff as well as they used to. It has something to do with a change in ownership or something like that.

If anyone has had recent experience with CE that contradicts me, please let me know because I have quite a few jerseys that would be going to CE that I'll probably be sending elsewhere.

I had them do two Islanders wave jerseys for me. The first one was done quite well and the second was honestly a total chop job. I debated getting into it with them, but I also have seen some photos of game worns that were also terrible in terms of stitching quality and hand-cut numbers in a f***y style are what they are. I have thought about taking the numbers off (name is fine) and sending it all to Keener so he can use the numbers to copy the correct font and put better quality numbers on. It's just low on my priority list. 

Edited by Van67

Has anyone had EPS do Canucks jerseys? It appears that to get proper Adidas material for a nameplate, they're the place to get them done. I plan on ordering a couple namplates from them soon. 

One thing I discovered since I picked up a couple game worn MIC jerseys (training camp, development camp), is that when Keener did my last Canucks Edge 2.0, the nameplate letters they did are a bit small. (Either that, or the Canucks went to bigger letters with Adidas?) I'm wondering if anyone here knows if EPS has the correct letter size, or if I should just send pics with measurements of one of the nameplates I have now. Discussing details with EPS is always hit or miss in regards to what I expect for customer service. 

6 hours ago, Van67 said:

Has anyone had EPS do Canucks jerseys? It appears that to get proper Adidas material for a nameplate, they're the place to get them done. I plan on ordering a couple namplates from them soon. 

One thing I discovered since I picked up a couple game worn MIC jerseys (training camp, development camp), is that when Keener did my last Canucks Edge 2.0, the nameplate letters they did are a bit small. (Either that, or the Canucks went to bigger letters with Adidas?) I'm wondering if anyone here knows if EPS has the correct letter size, or if I should just send pics with measurements of one of the nameplates I have now. Discussing details with EPS is always hit or miss in regards to what I expect for customer service. 

I knew the team uses 3.25” for the letters instead of 3.0”. Pacific Coast Cresting uses the 3.25” ones. The name Plate material isn’t a perfect match, but honestly, it’s close enough and not worth the extra $80-$100 that it will cost you to get done by EPS.

EPS will make the nameplates for $30 US each. I just can't do incorrect nameplate material on these, so I'll get those and send to Keener for the numbers and name application. 

The measurements I took of the nameplates I stripped have 3 5/16" numbers. The difference between that and 3 1/4" is not enough to get my undies in a knot.... A quarter-inch and incorrect nameplate material are haha.

Edited by Van67

Has anyone gotten a Predators 2.0 done by EPS recently?  I’m going to send my Home 2.0 in to get customized as Subban (I know, he just got traded...but I like the player and for a long time couldn’t decide between him or Forsberg) and was wondering if anything specific other than 2016-2017 season on-ice specs should be asked for.  I imagine they still have all the correct fonts.  EDGE material nameplate was used on these as well, right?  I’m also going to ask for that.  I hope they still have them.  Anything anyone else can think of?  EPS is usually pretty good about not needing much information if you send them a team’s stuff they customized.

Edited by shilenj

4 hours ago, shilenj said:

Has anyone gotten a Predators 2.0 done by EPS recently?  I’m going to send my Home 2.0 in to get customized as Subban (I know, he just got traded...but I like the player and for a long time couldn’t decide between him or Forsberg) and was wondering if anything specific other than 2016-2017 season on-ice specs should be asked for.  I imagine they still have all the correct fonts.  EDGE material nameplate was used on these as well, right?  I’m also going to ask for that.  I hope they still have them.  Anything anyone else can think of?  EPS is usually pretty good about not needing much information if you send them a team’s stuff they customized.

You're probably safe saying to on-ice specs.  

I had Keener do my Preds 2.0 and the sublimated nameplate was not matching Edge material, so I'm not certain if it's supposed to be Edge material or if sublimation requires a different material nameplate.  Something to consider, but I'm sure EPS would have the process down.