NHL Team Customizers

6 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

What chance is there that they’d have the proper nameplate material for an 05-07?

The nameplates were regular air-knit on those jerseys.  I’m sure they have it.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a team customizer but what company does the customization for nhl shop, fanatics, etc? Not looking to have a nhl Jersey lettered but asking for another type of jersey

Edited by cry_minarets458

• 4 weeks later...

So who has actually been doing the Coyotes jerseys? I’ve got someone on Facebook who says that someone at Big Time Jerseys has told him that they’ve done the Coyotes’ jerseys since day one. 

5 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

So who has actually been doing the Coyotes jerseys? I’ve got someone on Facebook who says that someone at Big Time Jerseys has told him that they’ve done the Coyotes’ jerseys since day one. 

Never mind, we figured it out. The person who they were talking to used to work for Artcraft and apparently Big Time does everything for the Coyotes except for the on-ice jerseys, which are handled by Artcraft.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. I have 2 jerseys I want to customize, a Rangers Edge 2.0 and a Calgary Flames CCM 80s/90s authentic. Can anyone suggest a single customizer that might be able to do both?

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

EPS or Keener, but since you're in NY already, you really should send the Rangers to Arena Wear.

Thanks for the response.  Thinking about using EPS because either way I have to ship them both (don't live anywhere near Arena Wear).  Has anyone had a bad experience having EPS customize a Rangers Edge 2.0 or a vintage Flames jersey?

3 hours ago, furiousd said:

Personally, I limit what I send to EPS to two types of jobs - one of their pro clients, or I've seen the kit elsewhere and can evaluate it myself.  If all I have is a gamer reference and want it done like that, it goes to Keener. 

I’m starting to feel the same way. Just too many inconsistencies. 

3 hours ago, furiousd said:

Personally, I limit what I send to EPS to two types of jobs - one of their pro clients, or I've seen the kit elsewhere and can evaluate it myself.  If all I have is a gamer reference and want it done like that, it goes to Keener. 

I've been doing exactly this for some years now.  For an older jersey like the Flames one, I'd feel more comfortable going with Keener.

12 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I've been doing exactly this for some years now.  For an older jersey like the Flames one, I'd feel more comfortable going with Keener.

Appreciate the feedback. I just sent an inquiry to Keener. I also reached out to Great Plains Cresting earlier. They can do the Flames for $100 and add my SC patch for $10 more. Haven't asked them about the Rangers but it sounds like price would be the same.  I'd rather not have to ship to/from Canada from here, but if I'm considering shipping to Keener in Winnipeg I might as well consider shipping to Calgary. Looking forward to Keener price quote.

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2019 at 8:54 PM, NYRFanDB said:

Appreciate the feedback. I just sent an inquiry to Keener. I also reached out to Great Plains Cresting earlier. They can do the Flames for $100 and add my SC patch for $10 more. Haven't asked them about the Rangers but it sounds like price would be the same.  I'd rather not have to ship to/from Canada from here, but if I'm considering shipping to Keener in Winnipeg I might as well consider shipping to Calgary. Looking forward to Keener price quote.

Hi. I just got my 2014 Rangers (Kreider) and 1989 Flames with Stanley Cup patch (Nieuwendyk) back from Keener.  They did a great job, except that they added an alternate captain's "A" to my 1989 Nieuwendyk. I didn't ask for it, and as far as I can tell he wasn't an alternate captain. Before I call them to ask about it, does anyone know something I don't?

Oh man, now I feel bad for being the one to make that recommendation.  A couple of times Keener e-mailed me asking if I was sure I wanted a certain number or font type because he thought it should be different, but I stuck with my original request because I was sure of my research.  I don’t think he ever would have changed anything without at least asking me, so I have no idea why they would put an alternate captain A on your jersey if you didn’t ask for it.  I looked through videos of the ‘89 playoffs, and it seemed to me that the Flames did a lot of rotating with their C’s and A’s, with Peplinski and McDonald alternating the C, and the A’s shared between McDonald, Peplinski, MacInnis, Otto, and Tim Hunter.  I didn’t see Nieuwendyk wearing an A.  

Normally it would be easy to just remove the A, iron over that area, and there probably would not be any sign it had even been there.  Before doing that though, I would e-mail them first notifying them of the error so if something goes wrong they would be obligated to take care of it.  But if you don’t feel comfortable stripping it, then you might have to go to the trouble/expense of sending the jersey back to them so they can take care of it.  Again, my apologies if you made your decision based just on my recommendation.  It just doesn’t sound like something they would do.

Edited by LAK74

6 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Oh man, now I feel bad for being the one to make that recommendation.  A couple of times Keener e-mailed me asking if I was sure I wanted a certain number or font type because he thought it should be different, but I stuck with my original request because I was sure of my research.  I don’t think he ever would have changed anything without at least asking me, so I have no idea why they would put an alternate captain A on your jersey if you didn’t ask for it.  I looked through videos of the ‘89 playoffs, and it seemed to me that the Flames did a lot of rotating with their C’s and A’s, with Peplinski and McDonald alternating the C, and the A’s shared between McDonald, Peplinski, MacInnis, Otto, and Tim Hunter.  I didn’t see Nieuwendyk wearing an A.  

Normally it would be easy to just remove the A, iron over that area, and there probably would not be any sign it had even been there.  Before doing that though, I would e-mail them first notifying them of the error so if something goes wrong they would be obligated to take care of it.  But if you don’t feel comfortable stripping it, then you might have to go to the trouble/expense of sending the jersey back to them so they can take care of it.  Again, my apologies if you made your decision based just on my recommendation.  It just doesn’t sound like something they would do.

Hi. I just got back my 2014 Rangers and 1989 Flames jerseys from Keener.  They look great, except that they added an alternate captain "A" to my 1989 Nieuwendyk. I didn't ask for it, and as far as I can tell, Nieuwendyk wasn't an alternate captain. Planning to call them on Monday and ask about it. Does anyone know something I don't know?

6 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Hey, thanks for checking in. To be clear, I don't blame anyone. A number of people here recommended Keener and I can see why. They did really good work and clearly meant well, but maybe tried a little too hard. More than anything I'm surprised, and a little annoyed at the thought of dealing with it. I'll call them during the week and see what they tell me.

6 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Hi. I just got back my 2014 Rangers and 1989 Flames jerseys from Keener.  They look great, except that they added an alternate captain "A" to my 1989 Nieuwendyk. I didn't ask for it, and as far as I can tell, Nieuwendyk wasn't an alternate captain. Planning to call them on Monday and ask about it. Does anyone know something I don't know?

6 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Hey, thanks for checking in. To be clear, I don't blame anyone. A number of people here recommended Keener and I can see why. They did really good work and clearly meant well, but maybe tried a little too hard. More than anything I'm surprised, and a little annoyed at the thought of dealing with it. I'll call them during the week and see what they tell me.

11 minutes ago, NYRFanDB said:

11 minutes ago, NYRFanDB said:

I had a similar problem with an EPS job, but it was my fault, I requested it when I shouldn’t have. I was able to strip it and remove the glue with a little Goof Off. And I didn’t have to ship it back and forth. 

EPS would’ve done it for me, but it would have been a minimum of $25 for shipping, pluswhatever they charged me for the removal. Doing it myself seemed the better option. 

Yeah, unfortunately though it looks like the "A" is stitched all the way through. They went the extra mile, but not in the right direction here.

37 minutes ago, NYRFanDB said:

Yeah, unfortunately though it looks like the "A" is stitched all the way through. They went the extra mile, but not in the right direction here.

5 minutes with a seam ripper and you’ll be good.....don’t let the stitching deter you. Lots of people here to help you.....

56 minutes ago, KB67 said:

5 minutes with a seam ripper and you’ll be good.....don’t let the stitching deter you. Lots of people here to help you.....

Yup that’s simple. Could even use a small sharp scissor, like a cuticle scissor, to snip the threads if you don’t have a seam ripper. It would take longer with the scissor though.

Whichever you use, make sure you are only cutting the stitches!!

On 3/17/2019 at 1:10 PM, mfitz804 said:

Yup that’s simple. Could even use a small sharp scissor, like a cuticle scissor, to snip the threads if you don’t have a seam ripper. It would take longer with the scissor though.

Whichever you use, make sure you are only cutting the stitches!!

Well, I contacted Keener. They were really nice, and offered to pay for my shipping to send it back for them to remove the A.  But it turned out the adhesive on the patch was never activated, and I was able to take it off cleanly by myself with a seam ripper. I had thought of leaving it, rather than risk damaging the jersey, but my eyes kept being drawn to it, and I guess anal retentiveness won out. 😌

1 hour ago, NYRFanDB said:

Well, I contacted Keener. They were really nice, and offered to pay for my shipping to send it back for them to remove the A.  But it turned out the adhesive on the patch was never activated, and I was able to take it off cleanly by myself with a seam ripper. I had thought of leaving it, rather than risk damaging the jersey, but my eyes kept being drawn to it, and I guess anal retentiveness won out. 😌

Yeah I have thought of leaving stuff like that, it never works. Glad you got it squared away with minimal effort!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a shot in the dark, but a few years ago I saw a video of this company supposedly lettering a Canadiens gamer.

http://www.csgint.ca

If you happen to contact them and can confirm they are the official team letterer, please let us know.