NHL Team Customizers

For 2016/17, the nameplate material is not  the same as the Edge mesh on the back of the jersey.  It has something like a repeating diamond-shaped pattern that looks a little like the Edge 1.0 bubble mesh, and the color doesn’t quite match the back either.  Best pic I could find was in this MeiGray listing:

https://www.meigray.com/mobile/ItemDetail.aspx?inventoryid=72415

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, shilenj said:

Has anyone gotten a Predators 2.0 done by EPS recently?  I’m going to send my Home 2.0 in to get customized as Subban (I know, he just got traded...but I like the player and for a long time couldn’t decide between him or Forsberg) and was wondering if anything specific other than 2016-2017 season on-ice specs should be asked for.  I imagine they still have all the correct fonts.  EDGE material nameplate was used on these as well, right?  I’m also going to ask for that.  I hope they still have them.  Anything anyone else can think of?  EPS is usually pretty good about not needing much information if you send them a team’s stuff they customized.

Just send it to them, you’ll be fine. They won’t do it differently than the in ice specs since it was their team. They still have the fonts and the Edge material (or whatever that material is). It’ll come out great. 

Tell it to say Hi to my Devils Subban while it’s there. 

Edited by mfitz804

3 hours ago, LAK74 said:

For 2016/17, the nameplate material is not  the same as the Edge mesh on the back of the jersey.  It has something like a repeating diamond-shaped pattern that looks a little like the Edge 1.0 bubble mesh, and the color doesn’t quite match the back either.  Best pic I could find was in this MeiGray listing: 

https://www.meigray.com/mobile/ItemDetail.aspx?inventoryid=72415

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that that material responds better to sublimation.

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that that material responds better to sublimation.

Would they not have had access to the correct material in the correct color, since they were the team provider? Seems to me they would. 

I would guess it has nothing to do with having “access” to the right material in the right color, but rather just an inability to match the color during the sublimation process.  The nameplate is probably white to start with, and the gold color and name letters are sublimated onto it at the same time.  So it’s not like they can pick the right gold color nameplate beforehand.  Josh has always mentioned to me that they can’t perfectly match a lot of colors when sublimating.

Ahh, I didn’t realize the name was sublimated as well. 

In any event, ask in advance, but I’m guessing they probably have whatever material they used then, so it’ll likely come out the same. 

Fwiw, I had mine done by EPS in February and just asked for on-ice:

SxJVycX.jpg

Edited by mxgoldman

28 minutes ago, mxgoldman said:

Fwiw, I had mine done by EPS in February and just asked for on-ice:

SxJVycX.jpg

There you go. In my experience, they don’t deviate from the way they do their on-ice jerseys like some customizers do. 

Does anyone know if the nameplates on the Adidas Indo-Authentics use adhesive, or are the nameplates just sewn onto the jersey?  I have a jersey I want to send for a name replacement (keeping the original number), and am trying to decide if I can remove the old name myself or should pay extra for EPS to do it when they put on the new one.

Edited by NYRFanDB

1 hour ago, NYRFanDB said:

Does anyone know if the nameplates on the Adidas Indo-Authentics use adhesive, or are the nameplates just sewn onto the jersey?  I have a jersey I want to send for a name replacement (keeping the original number), and am trying to decide if I can remove the old name myself or should pay extra for EPS to do it when they put on the new one.

it depends where you got it from. But yes, most customizers do use an adhesive. It's not usually that difficult to peel off, though. 

Unless its from NHL.com, or some other place where it was bought pre-customized. I have heard those are like cemented down. Easiest thing to do would be pop some stitched and try a corner. If it comes off, there you go. If not, you can still send it to EPS to let them finish the job. 

I got it on clearance from a local 's Sporting Goods. Guess I'll try my luck when I get home.  Thanks

Edited by NYRFanDB

3 minutes ago, NYRFanDB said:

I got it on clearance from a local 's Sporting Goods. Guess I'll try my luck when I get home.  Thanks

It's worth a shot. If you think it's so glued down that it might cause damage to pull it off, maybe then leave it to a pro. Otherwise, you should be able to do it. 

You should be able to feel whether or not it’s glued down by feeling the inside of the jersey. Try to move the jersey material independently of the nameplate. If it moves, there’s a good chance there’s nothing holding it down aside from the stitching. Or at most a small outline around the edges. 

On 7/2/2019 at 4:49 PM, jsh139 said:

You should be able to feel whether or not it’s glued down by feeling the inside of the jersey. Try to move the jersey material independently of the nameplate. If it moves, there’s a good chance there’s nothing holding it down aside from the stitching. Or at most a small outline around the edges. 

Well, turns out it was single-stitched with no adhesives. Half an hour with the seam ripper, and now it's off to EPS for a new name plate.

9 minutes ago, NYRFanDB said:

Well, turns out it was single-stitched with no adhesives. Half an hour with the seam ripper, and now it's off to EPS for a new name plate.

Awesome. 

2 hours ago, NYRFanDB said:

Good deal!

Does anyone know who does the Ottawa on-ice customization?  I called EPS and they said they don't.  I'm trying to get a 2.0 alternate jersey customized.

^ Sorry can't help you with the Sens, seems LAK74's list only shows up to 2004.

I have an Indo St. Louis Blues jersey to send out for custom for a friend.  I know Liebe does the Blues, but does anyone have experience with Keener doing an adidas jersey for them? 

I was hoping to add it to an order I've got going to Keener.  I know he doesn't have the matching adizero nameplate material but does anyone know if it would still be fairly accurate customization? 

Also is there anything 'special' about the customization, like kiss cut or embroidery on the kit for the 3rd jersey?  Maybe if it's a baby blue 3rd it should go to Liebe for the proper kit, I dunno, any guidance/assistance would be appreciated. 

Thank you

I’ve seen pictures of a gamer 3rd and a retail 3rd both done by Liebe.  The kits were standard semi-kiss-cut, without any felt.  Keener has a picture of a Reebok WC they customized on their website.  I assume they would use the same font for the 3rd, except without felt.

Thanks, turns out its not the 3rd jersey but rather the regular home jersey.  I'll just send it to Keener and hope for the best which usually works out ok. 

It's an indo and I know the owner is not well versed on jerseys like your typical IJ member, but I still want the best quality job for the $ that's going to go into it.

23 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Thanks, turns out its not the 3rd jersey but rather the regular home jersey.  I'll just send it to Keener and hope for the best which usually works out ok. 

It's an indo and I know the owner is not well versed on jerseys like your typical IJ member, but I still want the best quality job for the $ that's going to go into it.

Liebe does NOT or won’t sell adidas nameplates  (to just random customers anyway) they just use an air knit and sublimate the royal or air force blue. This must be new because the last time I talked to them you had to supply the nameplate or it just went directly on the jersey. I did talk to a different person than I usually do though.

Ok, thanks, I'm just going to go with Keener.  I'm sure he'll probably do the same with airknit.  And the jersey is indo so it's like Reebok Premier material so not sure customizers would have a match anyway.

Thanks for the input on the Preds jersey everyone.  Good call that it wasn’t EDGE material.  I ended up sending the jersey in this week and asked EPS to customize it to on-ice specs so I’m confident they’ll get it right without any more specifying on my end.  Pretty safe since they did the on-ice ones.

I also just sent my Stars Away to Blake’s last week and they said it’d only take a week to do, so my Klingberg should be close to done!

Now that it’s summer I’m sending a few more in, including my Isles Stadium Series.  Anyone know what the name plate material was on those?  Was it EDGE?  I searched for a few pictures and can’t quite make it out.  In case you’re wondering, I’m doing a Tavares.  I called Stitches today and they said they have everything needed.  Maybe I don’t even need to specify and they’ll do it on their own since they did the on-ice ones?  Just wanting to make sure before sending it in what the name plate was.

Edited by shilenj

20 minutes ago, shilenj said:

Maybe I don’t even need to specify and they’ll do it on their own since they did the on-ice ones?  Just wanting to make sure before sending it in what the name plate was.

Maybe you don’t, but maybe you do. See the post above about how the Blues’ provider doesn’t use Edge material on fan jerseys. 

I always say, if a detail is important to you, ask about it and be specific about what you want, even if it should be obvious.

I’ve probably had 30 Devils jerseys done at EPS, who was the provider up until 2 years ago, and I STILL specify the nameplate on every order rather than just saying “on-ice customization please”. 

EDIT: I’m 99.99999% sure it’s unnecessary with EPS, as I have never heard of them not using the correct material on one of the teams they are the official provider for. So your Preds will be fine. 

Edited by mfitz804