Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LAK74

NHL Team Customizers

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Simple ask in my opinion and just a complete lack of following details. I understand customizers are busy, however given the reputation of his business, disappointing to see this small detail not followed.

Agreed. Generally speaking, they've been good for my hockey jerseys, though the reason they owe me a discount is because they got one letter wrong on my Expos jersey, and it was a detail on the font I noted in big bold highlighted words when I sent it in. They did correct the mistake, paid for all the shipping and offered me the discount I'm taking advantage of now... though that should never happen. I think their focus on their rec and pro team contracts has taken away from their quality control on the jerseys individual customers send in. 

Edited by Van67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so I had a brief discussion with someone on Facebook who insisted that Central Crests does the Canucks’ gamers. Has anyone else confirmed this?

I feel like there’s been a discussion about them before, prior to the PCC talk a while back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve heard they have done them, but I don’t know for how long, or whether they still do for sure.  I e-mailed them about this and never received a response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember trying to contact these guys back around 2010 when it was known they did team Canada’s Olympic jerseys.  Never could get a response or phone call answered.  Looks like things haven’t changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Ok, so I had a brief discussion with someone on Facebook who insisted that Central Crests does the Canucks’ gamers. Has anyone else confirmed this?

I feel like there’s been a discussion about them before, prior to the PCC talk a while back. 

It’s definitely not PCC, I believe it is still Central Crests, but I’ll see if I can find out 100%....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, KB67 said:

It’s definitely not PCC, I believe it is still Central Crests, but I’ll see if I can find out 100%....

Yeah, we already confirmed that PCC doesn't do them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 11:32 AM, TheKevinShow said:

Yeah, we already confirmed that PCC doesn't do them. 

As a follow up to this, the Canucks Gamers are actually only done in-house, by the EQM. They don’t send any out to an outside source. Central Crests only does the retail jobs for the Team Store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, KB67 said:

As a follow up to this, the Canucks Gamers are actually only done in-house, by the EQM. They don’t send any out to an outside source. Central Crests only does the retail jobs for the Team Store.

How close is Central Crests’ work to the on-ice kits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

How close is Central Crests’ work to the on-ice kits?

Sorry, no idea, I’ve never used them, but they wouldn’t have the correct name bar material anyway, so you’re better off just using PCC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my Subban jersey back from EPS today after about two months, just in time for the season to start! Overall I think they did a good job but I have one inquiry.

I was under the impression that the Preds home lettering and numbers were sublimated with white stitching on only the outside layer. They did the white stitching on both the back and sleeve numbers but there’s no stitching at all on the lettering. Is this an error on their part? Looking on Predators Archives, it says the jersey letters were stitched as well as the numbers for the current home style, although that post looks like it was from at least a few years ago. It also says the roads were entirely sublimated. I don’t think he’s updated much since around 2015 so could it be they changed their homes to full sublimation around 2016?

I did request it to be done to 2016-17 on-ice specs, as it is customized as that was the first season Subban played for Nashville. I found a photo of a Neal gamer from that season and to me it looks like the letters of that one match my Subban in that there isn’t any stitching and it’s just fully sublimated:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/james-neal-nashville-predators-2016-1928381501

I couldn’t find a clearer photo of the lettering but even though it’s Neal it was probably the same for Subban. Doesn’t it look like that’s fully sublimated? Just wondering if they did what I asked for or if I’ll have to get it fixed. If this fully sublimated lettering is correct, everything else looks fantastic and it really came out great!

Edited by shilenj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks fully sublimated to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That looks fully sublimated to me. 

Me too, it doesn’t look like there’s any stitching on the outside. It seems like the Preds must have changed their customization at some point in time for the homes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the Avs have moved to Cutting Edge. 

EDIT: Yep, their 2019-20 set tags say they’re done by Cutting Edge. 

Edited by TheKevinShow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 12:24 AM, Van67 said:

Has anyone had EPS do Canucks jerseys? It appears that to get proper Adidas material for a nameplate, they're the place to get them done. I plan on ordering a couple namplates from them soon. 

One thing I discovered since I picked up a couple game worn MIC jerseys (training camp, development camp), is that when Keener did my last Canucks Edge 2.0, the nameplate letters they did are a bit small. (Either that, or the Canucks went to bigger letters with Adidas?) I'm wondering if anyone here knows if EPS has the correct letter size, or if I should just send pics with measurements of one of the nameplates I have now. Discussing details with EPS is always hit or miss in regards to what I expect for customer service. 

Been ages since I've posted. But I can too can confirm that Keener did a new nameplate on my Canucks Edge 2.0 alternate jersey and the lettering and sleeve numbers were smaller than that of the one's the Canucks used on my other Edge 2.0

I just took it as them knowing more than the Canucks customiser's. But never did any further research since I was happy that the namebar was the acutal edge material and not the premiere one that was used initially.

 

RJ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 2.0 Canucks flying skate Edge 2.0 that I was looking to customize.  I've been back and forth with the Senior Manager of retail operations of Canucks Sports and Entertainment.  I got him on the phone and he told me that they can customize to on-ice specs.  Does this seem legit to anyone?  Should I take the leap of faith?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Schlepprock32 said:

I have a 2.0 Canucks flying skate Edge 2.0 that I was looking to customize.  I've been back and forth with the Senior Manager of retail operations of Canucks Sports and Entertainment.  I got him on the phone and he told me that they can customize to on-ice specs.  Does this seem legit to anyone?  Should I take the leap of faith?

I’d ask them where they’re sending it. They use Central Crests for all their in-house work, but I find it hard to believe they would still have any Black Edge material for name plates. You could also reach out to Central Crests and ask them directly and confirm that they still have the correct material.

 

centralcrests@telus.net

 

 

Edited by KB67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback.  I actually do have a black Edge nameplate that I can send in.  I think I'm more worried about the correct font of the name and numbers being used.  Can you deal with Central Crests directly or have to go through the team store to get to them like you do with Philly Express?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Schlepprock32 said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I actually do have a black Edge nameplate that I can send in.  I think I'm more worried about the correct font of the name and numbers being used.  Can you deal with Central Crests directly or have to go through the team store to get to them like you do with Philly Express?

If you have an Edge Name Bar, just use Pacific Coast Cresting then. He has the correct font for the names on them. The Canucks, in their infinite wisdom, use two different fonts on their Skate Jerseys, one for the on-ice version, and a different one for their retail versions. He does have both of them available. Just tell him you want the one that matches the on-ice font. The on-ice font looks like shït, but it’s what they went with, and the font on the retail versions is much better, but it is what it is.

Here is the font of the game worn Skate jerseys. Easiest way to tell the difference is with the letter “A” in the name. Look at this Vrbata Game Worn:

Canucks Skate

Now look at the retail ones on the current Adidas version, the “A” is completely different:

Canucks Skate

Now take a look at this one Markström was wearing this season. They’ve gone back to the some font they wore with the Reebok Edge version, and are using a soft font than wha they are with the retail ones they are selling.

Canucks Skate

So, tell PCC you want the on-ice font, and he will know which one to use.

Edited by KB67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, KB67 said:

If you have an Edge Name Bar, just use Pacific Coast Cresting then. He has the correct font for the names on them. The Canucks, in their infinite wisdom, use two different fonts on their Skate Jerseys, one for the on-ice version, and a different one for their retail versions. He does have both of them available. Just tell him you want the one that matches the on-ice font. The on-ice font looks like shït, but it’s what they went with, and the font on the retail versions is much better, but it is what it is.

That's interesting, I didn't know that. Do you have any examples?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, furiousd said:

That's interesting, I didn't know that. Do you have any examples?

Was just updating my post....take a look now for some examples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're 100% right.  The retail version does look better than the on-ice.  Totally appreciate the pics.  You really do have to jump through hula hoops to get these things made the right way with some of these teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great post, @KB67!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Great post, @KB67!  

Thanks!! It’s something I’ve been dealing with a lot lately, so I’m glad I could share what I’ve learned. I have kits for both styles, and I have an MIC Skate jersey coming next week, so I wanted to be sure I have the correct kit.

Canucks Skate Names

 

Edited by KB67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...