NHL Team Customizers

Anyone have any experience with Elite Sportswear? The link in the OP seems to be broken for me; it doesn’t direct me to their site.

I Googled them and there are a few that pop up so I’m not sure which is the one to go by. It seems like they’re located in Reading, PA unless I have the wrong one. This one advertises Gymnastics leotards and other sports-wear. Am I at the right place?

From what the OP says, they’ve been the Oilers’ customizer for years. I have a Reebok home 2.0 all ready to send out that I really want to have made into a McDavid rookie so hopefully they are the place that did that season’s. If so, I’ll give them a call about getting it done.

Edited by shilenj

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, furiousd said:

I have an Oil Kings gamer with an Elite tag in it. The backside says www.elitesportswear.com, which redirects here:
https://www.elitepromomarketing.com/

I don't think you want the one in Reading, PA.

Perfect, thanks! That looks more like the right place.

• 2 weeks later...

I made some calls to Custom Crafted and Pro Knitwear today because I want to send out a couple jerseys. One will be a rookie David Pastrnak Bruins Home 2.0 and the other a Phil Kessel Penguins Home 2.0 from his first season in Pittsburgh. The seasons should be 2014-2015 for Pastrnak and 2015-2016 for Kessel. I assume both customizers will have the specs on hand but any specifics I should ask for?

Also, regarding the Kessel, Pro Knitwear said they don’t have the correct nameplate material and the guy I talked to didn’t remember what it was. Anyone know what it was for those Pens jerseys with the Vegas gold? If it’s EDGE material I’m hoping JB has some.

Both being the on-ice customizers I trust I don’t need to worry about them coming out accurately too much but still wanted to check with you guys on specifics because I’ve not sent anything to either customizer before.

12 hours ago, shilenj said:

I made some calls to Custom Crafted and Pro Knitwear today because I want to send out a couple jerseys. One will be a rookie David Pastrnak Bruins Home 2.0 and the other a Phil Kessel Penguins Home 2.0 from his first season in Pittsburgh. The seasons should be 2014-2015 for Pastrnak and 2015-2016 for Kessel. I assume both customizers will have the specs on hand but any specifics I should ask for?

Also, regarding the Kessel, Pro Knitwear said they don’t have the correct nameplate material and the guy I talked to didn’t remember what it was. Anyone know what it was for those Pens jerseys with the Vegas gold? If it’s EDGE material I’m hoping JB has some.

Both being the on-ice customizers I trust I don’t need to worry about them coming out accurately too much but still wanted to check with you guys on specifics because I’ve not sent anything to either customizer before.

For the Pens i'm pretty sure they used air-knit on the home and road jerseys.  I know for sure 100% that on the white jerseys they wore in the finals the nameplates were edge.  They wore the alternate instead of the black in the finals so you don't have to worry there.

2 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

For the Pens i'm pretty sure they used air-knit on the home and road jerseys.  I know for sure 100% that on the white jerseys they wore in the finals the nameplates were edge.  They wore the alternate instead of the black in the finals so you don't have to worry there.

This matches what I’ve seen as well, in the few cases where I could see for sure what the material was.  During the regular season anyway, the nameplates appear to be airknit.  The nameplate covers an area which is almost 100% airknit anyway.

For Custom Crafted, they used airknit plates on the Bruins during that year, as far as I know.

2 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

12 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

This matches what I’ve seen as well, in the few cases where I could see for sure what the material was.  During the regular season anyway, the nameplates appear to be airknit.  The nameplate covers an area which is almost 100% airknit anyway.

For Custom Crafted, they used airknit plates on the Bruins during that year, as far as I know.

Thank you, gentlemen. Anyone know if JB carries airknit material off the top of their head? I’ll have to find some black for the Pens on my own but CC should have everything for the Bruins. I’m just waiting on them to call me because they have to order all the materials. Apparently they haven’t done anything but adidas since at least the start of the new year.

Edited by shilenj

I don’t know if JB will sell you just a nameplate. At least as of a couple years ago they wouldn’t. I mean, unless you’ve bought a lot of stuff from them and they take pity on you 😂

I just had a Kessel done by Pro Knitwear on the same exact jersey a few weeks ago.  I sent in an Edge nameplate that I got from JB.  Is that different than airknit?  I actually had to send the jersey back because one of the S's was stitched upside down.  

“Edge” Material is the stretchy mesh material that’s found on the back of the Edge jerseys. Air-Knit is the fabric that was used in most jerseys since the late 80s with the diagonal hole pattern. 

Air-Knit above the seam, stretch mesh (Edge) below:

Air-Knit vs Stretch Mesh

Got it.  Makes sense.  Thanks.  But that was also the issue I ran into with Pro Knitwear was that they didn't have a proper nameplate.  They are pricey too.

4 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I don’t know if JB will sell you just a nameplate. At least as of a couple years ago they wouldn’t. I mean, unless you’ve bought a lot of stuff from them and they take pity on you 😂

I personally have a very long and good business relationship with the Baron and he’s sold me nameplate material before so if he has any I know he’d do it for me. I can see if he doesn’t do it for one-time buyers though. I’ll have to ask him if he has any.

I have black air knit fabric for nameplates somewhere. Just moved so I'll need to try and find what box it's in. DM me for what you want

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how accurately EPS can do 90’s era Kachina jerseys? 

second question is I’m guessing they don’t have Starter nameplate material, so does anyone have a strip? Or does anyone know if youth starter replicas are the same material? 

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Does anyone know how accurately EPS can do 90’s era Kachina jerseys? 

second question is I’m guessing they don’t have Starter nameplate material, so does anyone have a strip? Or does anyone know if youth starter replicas are the same material? 

What color are you looking for? Black, white, or the green?

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

What color are you looking for? Black, white, or the green?

Black. Long enough for Roenick 

I just got a youth s/m Starter Coyotes Alternate for the same reason.  I can say that the material is a close enough match that no one will really notice.  Definitely better that using an air-knit nameplate or something like that.  I was able to get 6 good sized nameplates out of that jersey, so if you can find one for cheap, I would say it would be worth it.

4 hours ago, furiousd said:

Here's one I had done by EPS a few years ago. Pretty sure the name was a little bit off. It's long gone, but IIRC the plate was a match.

Thank you. Yeah, name is slightly off, but not terrible. I'll reach out and see about the name plate material. Thank you!

3 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

I just got a youth s/m Starter Coyotes Alternate for the same reason.  I can say that the material is a close enough match that no one will really notice. 

Thanks. That's what I was eyeing. If EPS doesn't have the correct material anymore, I'll go this route. You don't have any left, do you?

4 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:Thanks. That's what I was eyeing. If EPS doesn't have the correct material anymore, I'll go this route. You don't have any left, do you?

I do, again, mine is the green though.

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

I do, again, mine is the green though.

Didn't see you mention the color, but good to know. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Someone posted this on FB:

Central Crests in Vancouver is shutting down, however, Andy Young, who was the owner/operator of Central Crests is moving his equipment and business over to “Ink Pad” graphic design and custom embroidery and will continue to do all of the official Canucks team issued apparel.

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Dasle said:

Dude’s name is Josh Getzoff. I bet he does, you dog!!