NHL Team Customizers

It might possibly be a company called CSG International (www.csgint.ca), but I’m not certain at all.  If you happen to contact them and can get a confirmation on this, please let me know.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got a response back from CSG and they told me absolutely they can customize my jersey, but didn’t actually answer if they were the teams customizer.  

They said $100 plus tax. I am hoping that CDN.  They also asked if I don’t mind how I heard of them. Kinda felt like an interrogation. 

Edited by Hawks2797

Interesting.  Are you sensing that they are the team letterer, but they just don’t want anyone to know about it?

Last year an IJBB member posted a video showing this company lettering an on-ice jersey for a newly-acquired Canadiens player.  The video was probably done 3-4 years ago, so if they were indeed the official team letterer, I don’t know if they still are now.  It sounded like they had worked with the Canadiens for a long time though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a heads up for anyone sending in any Blackhawks EDGE era jerseys to CSL, mine has been stuck there for a few weeks after I got an estimated turnaround time of about a week before I sent it in.  The person I spoke with on the phone before I sent it said they had all materials.  I called them today and checked on the jersey and was informed that they are completely out of red EDGE nameplate material and won't be getting any back in.  They're waiting on CCM material and luckily I called before they just used that and called me to bill me and send it back. I specified that I wanted it to on-ice specifications with layered numbers and a red EDGE material nameplate so it's weird that they didn't call me back explaining to me that they didn't have all the materials anymore to do it as I requested.  Would have been a foul if they did it before I got ahold of them.

Edited by shilenj

11 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Did you buy the jersey from the Baron, by chance?  If you did, I'm sure they'd sell you a plate.  Heck, they might sell you one even if you didn't buy the jersey from them. 

He won’t unless you buy a jersey, I’ve tried.

We’ll, maybe he will if you’ve spent a lot of coin with him.  I have not so it was a no go for me.

6 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

We’ll, maybe he will if you’ve spent a lot of coin with him.  I have not so it was a no go for me.

Yeah.  People are nice to you when you give them lots of money.  I got a loose plate a while back, but I think it was shortly after buying a $300 jersey from them. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2018 at 3:25 PM, furiousd said:

Did you buy the jersey from the Baron, by chance?  If you did, I'm sure they'd sell you a plate.  Heck, they might sell you one even if you didn't buy the jersey from them. 

I did buy the jersey from him but it was about a year ago.  He was able to hook me up with a nameplate for about $11.00, so I had no problem finding one.  I sent it to CSL and they received it and used it on my order.  I'm expecting my jersey back within a few days.

I've done a lot of business with JB over the last year or two so I can't say that I know for sure he'll sell his nameplates to just anyone.  Even if you don't buy your jersey from him it's worth an email to find out.  He does have them though.  I'm just surprised CSL has cleaned house of theirs already.  They told me if I managed to find some to let them know from who because they'd be interested in buying a bunch more from someone.

Edited by shilenj

On 4/20/2018 at 9:32 AM, DC Red Wings said:

For the Jets I presume All Canadian Emblem is still their customizer? Picked up a Road 2.0 and want to get it done, anyone know the pricing and expected turnaround time?

I guess I'm alone on the Jets bandwagon now. Have a home and away ready to be sent in, never thought these were all that nice until I got my hands on one, but man they are sharp.

Edited by DC Red Wings

• 3 weeks later...

I chose a good time to send my jerseys to Bobcat. I sent the three Kings jerseys to them in December and they just finished them this week. Considering all of the comments I’ve heard about Bobcat, I guess I lucked out and only had to wait five months. Not bad...

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Can SLC do a pre-Edge Reebok Leafs? If not, any suggestions on who to send it to?

Yes, they can do it provided the name doesn't have a "G" in it.  SLC, and pretty much every other customizer, gets the G wrong.

5 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Yes, they can do it provided the name doesn't have a "G" in it.  SLC, and pretty much every other customizer, gets the G wrong.

I should be fine, then. There were very few players from 05-07 on the Leafs with Gs in their last names. 

5 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

So in terms of what letters they get wrong, its literally a "Nuthin' but a G thing". 

47 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

So in terms of what letters they get wrong, its literally a "Nuthin' but a G thing". 

LOL

Yup, If I have it correct the Leafs switched fonts starting in 97-98 (When the Leafs switched from CCM to Nike).  The first year "G" is what SLC and pretty much every customizer uses in their font.  The "G" changed sometime shortly after that but the fonts the shops used were never updated.

Nike "G"

kkingtorbk.jpg

Post 2000 CCM "G"

robert-reichel-of-the-toronto-maple-leaf

I didn't know where to put this question and I'm not sure I will get any input but does anyone know what happened with the jersey supplier Pederson's, who supplied the North Stars in 83-84 and the Islanders in 84-85.  I think they also supplied the US olympic team in 84. 

I guess my question is do they still exist as a company or were they bought out?  If so does anyone know by which company? 

Apparently Vintage Minnesota Hockey still gets nameplate material from Pedersons so I figured they're still in operation in some capacity.

I'd like to get the Pedersons wordmark embroidered on an older North Stars jersey.  I could probably just have it done at a local embroidery shop, but it would be awesome if I could get it done by the supplier.

On 6/1/2018 at 4:43 AM, TMLFAN said:

What chance is there that they’d have the proper nameplate material for an 05-07?