Nameplate material for a modern Nike replica

So far, I've been quite satisfied with the work EPS has done with all of my replicas. I'm still not well-versed with the different types of fabric used on the jerseys but (despite minor unavoidable color differences) the nameplate materials have been just fine for replicas. I don't expect perfection for them.

However, my Olympic jersey is a completely different material from the jerseys that I had customized previously, which were all pre-lockout replicas. If they've used the same material for all of my replicas (and it appears that way) that material will definitely not work for the Nike replica, as it's made from a different material than the other replicas. Also, based off of the pictures of it I've seen, Swift material wouldn't work, though I'm willing to be explained to why I'm wrong on that point. Obviously considering that I need to contact EPS first to see if they even have it, which material would be best for that jersey?

Also, what is the default material EPS uses if you don't request something? It appears that they used the same material for all of the nameplates on my jerseys, so I'm guessing that's their standard. I just have no idea exactly what it is.

Just ask them if they have the material, include a close-up picture of the material for reference.

I know they have that material in white, I asked them about that not too long ago. 

In terms of default material, my experience is they use the correct stuff if they have it, but they might substitute if they don't. If it's important to you, you have to confirm they have the correct stuff, and then when you place your order, make reference to it just to make sure. 

Looks like Ultrafil to me (or whatever Nike calls theirs). Send that pic plus a pic of the whole jersey to EPS and ask if they have the correct material. That's the easiest way. 

10 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, that's definitely not their typical flo-knit.

Right, flo-knit was the material I had previously asked them about and they confirmed they had it. 

The material Nike used for the replica 2014 Olympic jerseys is the same material they use for the replica NFL jerseys. Below is a picture of an Oshie I had EPS customize, stitched down letters and all.

2mhg1sn.jpg

You can see that although it isn't the exact same material, its indistinguishable until you get up very, very close. In fact I never even realized it was a slightly different material until I saw this thread and went to take a picture.

Perfect. 

I've been very happy with the airknit they've used for my pre-lockout replicas and that will do just fine for the Olympic jersey. 

55 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Perfect. 

I've been very happy with the airknit they've used for my pre-lockout replicas and that will do just fine for the Olympic jersey. 

I only ever had one jersey with them that they failed to match the nameplate, but they told me in advance (because I asked) that it would be close but not exact. 

13 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

And I can't ask for perfection on a replica anyway. 

You can ask for it, but it'll never be "100% accurate" no matter what. But that material is pretty close.

Your alternative would be to get a second one and cut it up. 

Edited by mfitz804